The Official End of my F1 Intrigue

T

Turn5ive

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/111396-indycar-rossi-shifts-career-focus-to-america

Conor Daly and Alexander Rossi are hoping to break into IndyCar after years of beating on the door of Formula 1.

European GP2/GP3 drivers are coming to America hoping to snag IndyCar rides as well. Why in the world would an American racing fan watch F1 over IndyCar right now?

I know there are a lot of people on the fence but if aero kits raise interest, new manufacturers jump on and teams begin to form out of F1/LeMans teams, this could be a really fun couple of years.

Been an F-1 fan for many years but the recent changes to the cars has completely turned me away. Indy car was good last year and I will continue to watch

I'm a casual fan of F1. I used to follow Indycars pretty close but I became a casual fan about the time of the split and haven't quite gotten back to my former level of interest.

I used to watch Indycar back in the 60s. Jimmy Clark was my man!! Those were awesome years. I guess I kinda lost touch a little when I went into the service in the late 60s (1966-1970). I started watching it again in the 70's. I remember the split. I figured, "where AJ Foyt goes- Indycar racing goes!"

I know a lot of people disagreed......probably most of the better drivers disagreed. I kinda watched the Indy 500 races over the next few decades. But I just didn't seem as interested as I used to. Then something clicked about 5-6 years ago. My interest in cars grew. I really got interested in Indycar. What spurred it? Danica? The Andrettis? Young Marco? Dario? Ol' AJ was still hangin' in there. The old legends were still hanging on.

I hadn't been on a nice vacation in about 20 years. So, three years ago I used the Indycar race in St. Pete as an excuse to take a trip. Gosh, what an awesome time I had. I've been going back every year since.

I'm close enough to go to Indy and the Mid-Ohio. My son and I went to both Indy races this year. It is fun doing things with your son.....they grow up and leave and it is hard for them to make time for you. We are both single and have been doing Indycar together now. I'm so lucky for that.

A few years ago I got back into F1- It was a, "Wow!! Look at those things zip around the track!! How do those guys react that quickly?" kinda thing. So, I've been hooked on F1 for some time now.

I guess when you get to be an old timer like me it could be a- "Why didn't I do that back when?" Or maybe- "If only I were young again with my life hanging by a thread, what a thrill that would be!"

But whatever it is, I really enjoy them both. Indycar and F1. It's awesome watching them.

I've been lucky enough to live 30 mins from Iowa Speedway. IndyCar at Iowa is the most impressive auto racing spectacle I've ever seen in person.

Back
Top Bottom