The Owner/Driver Question

Hawaii808

Team Owner
Used to be if you were an Owner/Driver, you scraped up the money and went into the racing business (Kulwiki, Both Waltrips, and many others). Then there were the drivers who joined a team and became owners (Jeff Gordon-HMS, Tony Stewart-SHR). There are even drivers we were surprised had minority owners stakes (Bubba-RPM).

Ownership can be substantial or small enough to be thought of as ceremonial. But what I want to know is, what were the terms? Cash paid to the previous owner. Ownership via "sweat equity". Or ownership in lieu of a portion of pay.

Anyone here with first (or hell second or even third) hand knowledge of these kind of agreements?

If only Allenbaba were here...

Used to be if you were an Owner/Driver, you scraped up the money and went into the racing business (Kulwiki, Both Waltrips, and many others). Then there were the drivers who joined a team and became owners (Jeff Gordon-HMS, Tony Stewart-SHR). There are even drivers we were surprised had minority owners stakes (Bubba-RPM).

Ownership can be substantial or small enough to be thought of as ceremonial. But what I want to know is, what were the terms? Cash paid to the previous owner. Ownership via "sweat equity". Or ownership in lieu of a portion of pay.

Anyone here with first (or hell second or even third) hand knowledge of these kind of agreements?

If only Allenbaba were here...

Paging @Allenbaba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've read, Stewart did not pay one cent to Haas to form SHR. Not really sure how much stake he got in the deal.

From what I've read, Stewart did not pay one cent to Haas to form SHR. Not really sure how much stake he got in the deal.
50% free, that is how he hired harvick and gene hired kurt.with out asking the other.went from 2 to 4 cars overnite.

Even if Smoke didn't pay a dime for his ownership stake I still think it's one of the best deals Gene has made. Going from a struggling team to 2 championships and however many wins.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Even if Smoke didn't pay a dime for his ownership stake I still think it's one of the best deals Gene has made. Going from a struggling team to 2 championships and however many wins.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yep pretty good deal for Tony, and Gene alike.

Back
Top Bottom