The penalties came hot and heavy

Man! So after The 4 and 9 were busted for the rear window struts the 14 team thought it was a worthwhile gamble?

Man! So after The 4 and 9 were busted for the rear window struts the 14 team thought it was a worthwhile gamble?

I mean, they got penalized 20 points. That's less than they got for placing 2nd and 3rd (for the 19 team). I'd say it was a pretty worthwhile gamble.

So both the 4 and 14 were only docked 20 pts, but the 9 was docked 25 pts. Surely there's a reason why? Maybe not the same exact infraction?

Sounds like the same area, but the 14's rear window support was intact, but failed when tested. The 4 did not even bother having one the support mounted.
Harvicks car had the brace, the story from Childers was it failed.

So both the 4 and 14 were only docked 20 pts, but the 9 was docked 25 pts. Surely there's a reason why? Maybe not the same exact infraction?
my guess would be theirs weren't as blatant. I know i didn't see any huge dips in the window area of any cars. But you know how they are, lets see if we can get by with a little here little there.

Looks like the #9 window wasn't sealed. Kinda like when they forgot to plug the floor in Carl's.

I want them to interview Allgaier's crew chief, I need to listen to a good story. Allgaier passed Sadler like he was sitting still

Haha. Where’s the “run what ya brung crowd”? any of them make their way from Facebook comments over to here?

Well that explains why Suarez ran good and didn't wreck for a change. I think after Bayne he is the next cup driver out of the series .

At least the NASCAR issued pit guns have stopped costing Kevin Harvick races...LMAO.

yep people need to get used to Suarez as long as The Carlos Slim 65.5 billion family who are friends with his family since Daniel was racing go karts is indirectly footing the bill. His sponsor Arris is only a U.S. supplier to the Slim family's business in Mexico,

yep people need to get used to Suarez as long as The Carlos Slim 65.5 billion family who are friends with his family since Daniel was racing go karts is indirectly footing the bill. His sponsor Arris is only a U.S. supplier to the Slim family's business in Mexico,
Ole Carl living well off that money.:D

Is there another series in the world that talks about stupid inspection and penalties as much as NASCAR? It is completely stupid, and ruining the series. Hell, I follow WRC, and after a rally, there is three weeks worth of commentary about driving, technical aspects of the sport, analysis, etc. This series, the stupidity starts before the checker, and lasts until the next inspection. I am ****** tired of it.

Well that explains why Suarez ran good and didn't wreck for a change. I think after Bayne he is the next cup driver out of the series .

I doubt a rear deck lid not sealed properly is why he finished third.

Dover is a strong track for him statistically. They have a solid team, there’s no reason to think his days are numbered, even without the financial support.

Is there another series in the world that talks about stupid inspection and penalties as much as NASCAR? It is completely stupid, and ruining the series. Hell, I follow WRC, and after a rally, there is three weeks worth of commentary about driving, technical aspects of the sport, analysis, etc. This series, the stupidity starts before the checker, and lasts until the next inspection. I am ******* tired of it.

The WRC catches one or two every once in a while ;):rolleyes:
How The Best Racing Cheat Of All Time Worked
Of course, Toyota was banned from the WRC that season and from other rallies and the 1996 WRC, too. Toyota insisted that management knew nothing about the cheat, because of course, they said that. And it was said the drivers had no idea why their cars were so much faster than everyone else’s, either.
https://jalopnik.com/how-the-best-racing-cheat-of-all-time-worked-1792828060

Is there another series in the world that talks about stupid inspection and penalties as much as NASCAR? It is completely stupid, and ruining the series. Hell, I follow WRC, and after a rally, there is three weeks worth of commentary about driving, technical aspects of the sport, analysis, etc. This series, the stupidity starts before the checker, and lasts until the next inspection. I am ******* tired of it.
I guess the WRC is right up there challenging Nascar for top spot in auto racing?
BTW, what is WRC?

Of course, Toyota was banned from the WRC that season and from other rallies and the 1996 WRC, too. Toyota insisted that management knew nothing about the cheat, because of course, they said that. And it was said the drivers had no idea why their cars were so much faster than everyone else’s, either.
That's one of those times where the cheating is so darned brilliant that you almost have to tip your cap instead of being angry.

It was freakin' brilliant wasn't it? ....and you know what.....since Toyota came back to WRC, it has never been discussed. Would that even be possible in NASCAR? No? Wanna know why? Because the "fans" are obsessed with this ****.

Thats not why it was implemented. It was to speedup getting through Tech and to stop the monkeying with the bodies. The under the car stuff requires taking them apart. I agree we talk too much about it but place the blame where it belongs and its not NASCAR

Good point. Is the sport better with the investment in this thing?

Heres my solution.

1. You will be teched all weekend in the same manner currently used but we will not warn you or send you bulletins on new areas of inspection we deem necessary. . ( NASCAR sends out bulletins all the time)
2. If you fail post qualifying tech you will be penalized immediately and start at the rear on your qualifying tires ( there will be NO pre qualifying tech) So everyone will qualify avoiding teams sitting it out and depriving fans of seeing their driver.
3. After the race ALL cars will go through post race tech. We will check total and left side weight on all cars as well as visual inspections as needed. Afterwards the top 5 will be brought in for further inspection which will be random in nature, Engine P&G check, Head removal, Intake runner check, Tires checked for Foreign substances, Fuel check, truck arms, etc...
4. If you fail you are relegated behind the others who passed. You receive no points, no purse money. Basically you werent there and we will know that night.
5. No R&D tech after the race. Its over its done. if you snuck something by, good on you, but next week you might not be as lucky.

This is just off the top of my head and I'm sure we could change it up a little, but eliminates a lot of the problems we are having now. What say you? Feel free to add or subtract.

Good point. Is the sport better with the investment in this thing?
I think it is, but our biggest problem today compared to 25 years ago is with social media its overblown and talked to death which creates the illusion that back in the day people didnt cheat like and NASCAR has too many rules.

I doubt a rear deck lid not sealed properly is why he finished third.

Dover is a strong track for him statistically. They have a solid team, there’s no reason to think his days are numbered, even without the financial support.

As of now his average start and average finish is worse than last year. Seems to me that is trending in the wrong direction. He has no poles no wins and only two top fives in his cup career with one of the strongest teams out there. Regardless of the money, eventually I would think JGR will want to see performance.

Heres my solution.

1. You will be teched all weekend in the same manner currently used but we will not warn you or send you bulletins on new areas of inspection we deem necessary. . ( NASCAR sends out bulletins all the time)
2. If you fail post qualifying tech you will be penalized immediately and start at the rear on your qualifying tires ( there will be NO pre qualifying tech) So everyone will qualify avoiding teams sitting it out and depriving fans of seeing their driver.
3. After the race ALL cars will go through post race tech. We will check total and left side weight on all cars as well as visual inspections as needed. Afterwards the top 5 will be brought in for further inspection which will be random in nature, Engine P&G check, Head removal, Intake runner check, Tires checked for Foreign substances, Fuel check, truck arms, etc...
4. If you fail you are relegated behind the others who passed. You receive no points, no purse money. Basically you werent there and we will know that night.
5. No R&D tech after the race. Its over its done. if you snuck something by, good on you, but next week you might not be as lucky.

This is just off the top of my head and I'm sure we could change it up a little, but eliminates a lot of the problems we are having now. What say you? Feel free to add or subtract.
Depending on the infraction found post qualifying, I believe in some cases the team and hauler must pack up and leave. There are some infractions that are down right unacceptable.
Better to send that team home and let the sponsor decide what is acceptable. If a team is to be seen changing rear window braces or windows after the inspection then penalties should be higher than starting at the rear. I would suggest 2-5 lap penalties.

Depending on the infraction found post qualifying, I believe in some cases the team and hauler must pack up and leave. There are some infractions that are down right unacceptable.
Better to send that team home and let the sponsor decide what is acceptable. If a team is to be seen changing rear window braces or windows after the inspection then penalties should be higher than starting at the rear. I would suggest 2-5 lap penalties.
Tech will be post qualifying and post race. If they have braces that dont meet spec they head to the rear and have to make a drive thru on the green flag lap. How bout that?

Tech will be post qualifying and post race. If they have braces that dont meet spec they head to the rear and have to make a drive thru on the green flag lap. How bout that?
I'm easy for now. How about second infraction they get laps down?:D

Back
Top Bottom