The Roush-TNT-Biffle machine

H

HardScrabble

The #16 that Greg Biffle will pilot this weekend.

Roush and Biffle Ready with TNT Car

Busch Series points leader Greg Biffle will try to make his second-career start in a Winston Cup event by attempting to qualify for the Pepsi 400 at Michigan International Speedway. Biffle will be driving the #16 Roush Racing, TNT-sponsored Team Caliber Ford Taurus and will be working with the same Grainger team he currently works with in the NASCAR Busch Series. Biffle's only other start in a NASCAR Winston Cup points race came at California Speedway on April 27, where he qualified 29th and finished 13th.

I think he will probably have a good race. Wasn't he fastest in one of the practice sessions at California?

Damn, nice lookin' car, but might get it confused w/ the DeWalt Ford......

Hey,HS! I am a huge Biffle fan and really hyped about his racing at Michigan this weekend.Great looking car and I have a feeling Jack will give Greg the 'good stuff' this time.

It's panic time,Harvick!Biffle is coming for you!lol[sorry,I couldn't resist!]

Look out NASCAR veterans. It looks like there is a new young gun on the loose and I wouldn't be surpised if he doesn't win a race within his first ten starts in a Winston Cup car.

Go Greg Biffle. Soon to be the only driver to have a championship in all three major NASCAR series.

What a deal for Jack in the hat.Greg will not embarass anyone,unless he has machine problems.Greg is the next Dale Earnhardt.That ought to get a rise out of you Earnhardt fans.:)

Its kinda wierd me saying this, being a Harvick fan, but I like how he drives. I don't mind a friendly rivilary (Jr / Kenseth) but what they do is out of control.

Just think too, they will be entering the same races for two straight races.

Greg will fare well in cup and I think Kevin will mind his P's and Q's cuz Helton will be watching with eagle eyes.

lol.Yep,66.Those two are like water and oil:they just don't mix!That is what makes their rivalry so authentic and fun.But you are right they could let it get a little out of control,I'm afraid.:)

I think that Harvick has learned alot this year. I wouldn't expect the old Harvick attitude to come back after he is off probation.

Hey Kat,How the heck are you?You want to buy some stock in DEI?I may be running the show there before to long,If Paul has his way.:D I hope you would join us here at the Roush Org.LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER!:p

Originally posted by pbunch
What a deal for Jack in the hat.Greg will not embarass anyone,unless he has machine problems.Greg is the next Dale Earnhardt.That ought to get a rise out of you Earnhardt fans.:)

Next Dale Earnhardt???

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis???:mad:

No Biffle will NOT be the next DE. No one can ever be the next DE. Someone like Dale Earnhardt may never come around this sport again.

I don't think he will be the next Earnhardt but he is certainly one of the future champions of the sport.

Def3,I did not mean any disrespect at all,But Nascar will continue to grow with great prospect of the youth to come,And when you Earnhardt fans accept this you will understand my comment did not mean in anyway to take anything away from your hero that you all love.I think Greg has showed the same kind of take no prisoners attitude that the old # 3 use to take,Which is what you all use to praise.:)

I wouldn't take that as disrespectful folks.

Been around long enough to hear that no one would ever compare to Fireball, and then Richard, and now DE. And in their time the fans were just as passionate about them. When greatness comes around it will be recognized, and recent greatness cannot supplant the greatness that was, but only adds to the history.

I started a thread about a month or two ago about the comparisons between Greg and DE.Like pbunch,I meant no disrespect.Greg just has that same 'rough-edge' that Dale had.To be compared to Earnhardt[or yes,Jeff Gordon,Elliott,etc.]is really a compliment.I also compared Busch to Jeff Gordon once,too.Just kind of a fun way to guage todays 'newcomers'with the established 'superstars'!:) :)

Not sure about the early comparisons yet myself....Still haven't elevated The Jeff to the "greatness platform" yet.....but will say that Greg seems to be the real deal.

What's interesting to me is the sheer size of the Jack Roush stable of drivers. What's he got now? Mark, Jeff, Matt, Kurt, Greg, Jon, and Kyle? He could dern near start his own series.

Just because someone is successful in both the truck series and the Busch series it doesn't mean that they will be successful in Winston Cup. That remains to be seen. I think that Biffle has a load of talent and the maturity/agressiveness to do well in Cup. He's also got a top car owner to drive for so all the pieces are in place for him to do well. Now we'll just see how he can handle running with the big boys every week. I'll be interested to see how he performs against the best in the world.

I agree that success in the trucks/bgn doesn't guarantee success elsewhere,B.C.It does however show that Greg's record in THOSE series is better than anyone else that has came along.

I also agree that he has not really been tested at the top level yet.But if he can carry his record of success into his third series,Greg could be the best driver to ever come along.It should be fun to watch,anyway.:)

Back
Top Bottom