The Winston Still at LOWES

A

Awesome_Bill

UPDATE 2: The Winston all-star race will return next year to Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord, officials familiar with the event confirmed today. NASCAR had considered pulling the race out of the Cabarrus County speedway, just across the county line from Mecklenburg, and sending it to another city. Instead, NASCAR will give the track another year to host the race, and look to the community to help build up the event, the sources said. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co., the sponsor of the NASCAR races, has scheduled a news conference for Wednesday [Aug 21st] to formally discuss the fate of the Winston. A Reynolds spokesman would neither confirm nor deny the event was returning to the Charlotte area. Officials in Mecklenburg and Cabarrus counties have been lobbying hard to keep The Winston. They have said they will work to raise $1.5 million and plan a month's worth of events leading up to the race next May.(Charlotte Observer)(8-15-2002

LOL,

Got the Associated Press article on the clipboard!!

Would have been surprised if they moved it. While it might be neat if they moved it, Lowes Speedway and RJ Reynolds are largely responsible for building the race to what it is today. They've earned the right to keep it a while yet. IMHO

Could you imagine all the wrecks and the tempers after that race...

Heck Nascar would sure like to move it there....Just think of the RATINGS!

And Sky High Ratings get you....Truckloads of money for Na$ca$h oops I mean Nascar.

My bad My bad....Your right there is no difference. Either way Nascar is Nascar, no matter how it might be spelled.

I'm glad it's staying at CMS ....oops Lowe's and can't envision it elsewhere.

Shame on you Bill, Na$ca$h is my coined phrase, but still luv ya.

PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr

Do you think there will ever be a Home Depot Motor Speedway?

Look at how much money NA$CAR got after this year's Winston at Lowe's just from penalties from the drivers. Just imagine how much they could get from a Winston at Bristol.....If they continue the Coca-Cola 600 the following weekend, there might not be enough drivers that aren't on probation.....

Back
Top Bottom