The World Series is set

Benevolent One

Team Owner
The World Series starts Wednesday night. It is the Texas Rangers vs the St Louis Cardinals.

It's been a very long time since almost every team I wanted to win their playoff series actually won them.

This should be a fun series to watch. Two very good offenses and some good pitching. I give the edge to the Rangers, but it should be a very close series.

Who cares? Where's Sophie??

Baseball, "athletes' who take a week off because they got hang nail,,,boohooohooo
They get winded playing 18 holes of golf using a friggen cart. Bunch of drug using, wife beating wusses.
Bastages get paid so much a average family can't afford to go to a game.

Baseball, "athletes' who take a week off because they got hang nail,,,boohooohooo
They get winded playing 18 holes of golf using a friggen cart. Bunch of drug using, wife beating wusses.

I disagree about the average family not affording to go to a game.

The local minor league stadium costs more than tickets do to the Orioles games, and you can take your own food/drinks in to the Orioles games. The most I've ever paid for tickets is $35 and that was a Yankees/Orioles game. Orioles tickets usually cost around $5-$10.

NFL and NASCAR are the only sports that have priced themselves out of reach for average families. The NHL is working on it.

Next April, blo sox vs the Rays, $140 for bleacher seats. Look it up, I did.

Then you get:
My pinkie hurts
I think I pulled my hammy
My wife doesn't understand me,,,,:eek:

Bunch of pusses, go play HOCKEY ya wimps

Next April, blo sox vs the Rays, $140 for bleacher seats. Look it up, I did.

Then you get:
My pinkie hurts
I think I pulled my hammy
My wife doesn't understand me,,,,:eek:

Bunch of pusses, go play HOCKEY ya wimps

Damn.....you know SST, we might be a little more alike than different, other than political views.

Today's baseball players are the biggest bunch of vag's in sports. Some football players are getting there and I hope "I have a headache and can't play for 8 months" Crosbie isn't setting the tone in hockey.

Racecar drivers performing with broken ankles, broken wrists, eyes taped open after being a wreck.....but they aren't athletes.

This should be a fun series to watch. Two very good offenses and some good pitching. I give the edge to the Rangers, but it should be a very close series.
i've got to go with the cardinals. agree the rangers might have the edge but they're still the new kids on the block compared to the cardinals. i just hope it goes to seven good games.

Go Rangers because **** the Cardinals. I only got to wear my Red Octorber shirt once before them and their dang squirrel:mad:

I thought it was implied that only those who do care about the sport were being polled here, I guess not. If you don't care, it doesn't effect me in the least.

Damn.....you know SST, we might be a little more alike than different, other than political views.

Today's baseball players are the biggest bunch of vag's in sports. Some football players are getting there and I hope "I have a headache and can't play for 8 months" Crosbie isn't setting the tone in hockey.

Racecar drivers performing with broken ankles, broken wrists, eyes taped open after being a wreck.....but they aren't athletes.

Really?

You do realize that there is a huge difference between a headache and a concussion, right? A headache gets better and has no lasting effects. A concussion is actually an injury to your brain and there are a lot of studies than indicate that they can have very long lasting effects. Just looking at the number of former football and hockey players and boxers who had multiple concussions and now have debilitating brain conditions should tell you that it isn't anything to take chances with.

rangers went....south. <g>

wonder if st. louis is going to let pujols go now? he's the closest thing left to a derek jeter type player left in baseball. it would be a shame if he doesn't finish his career in st. louis. he's only 31. give him a big contract and let him do his thing.

As a huge Rangers fan that was a hard game to watch.

However, I am also an Albert Pujols fan and I like the Cardinals too, just not as much. Matt Holliday and a few other guys on that team are easy to root for. And anybody the Brewers players hate is ok in my book. ;)

As far as Albert goes...I would like the see him stay in St Louis. I can definitely see it happening. He is the best player in the game right now, and his numbers stack up very well against the greatest players to ever play the game. He could retire right now and be a sure hall of famer. Unfortunately for him, however, the biggest paying teams, the Yankees, Red Sox and Phillies, all have pretty good players at first base and therefore are not likely to enter the bidding this year. That could help to drive the price down for him. The only other team, besides St Louis that I could see making a huge offer would be the Chicago Cubs. They have a ton of money and really need a hitter like him. But, they already sell out every game and so spending that kind of money on him won't help them in ticket sales.

Back
Top Bottom