They don't call em "Outlaw Stocks" for nothing...

Speedbowl14

Ryan Preece and short tracks
By far the best finish I have ever seen in my life. They don't get much better than this folks.

I'd watch the whole thing, but 12:15 is the finish.

I was at this race. It was the last feature of the night. Very few people had stuck around. Qualifying for tomorrow's features were over and it was getting late. Holy hell I've never seen this place get this loud, even when the stands were full. Not only was the finish amazing but the racing and driving skills were some of the best I've seen. Take 5:20 as an example. As if that wasn't enough, some BSing between the drivers occurred during podium interviews.

Waterford Speedbowl, Waterford, CT. 3/8 low-banked oval

Dude damn-near won it backwards!

Damn!! Now that's short track racing!! Please tell me there's something like this in North Carolina!

Hard to tell who won, they gave it to they guy going backwards I guess. If they went by transponder position, they got it wrong. I think?

Hard to tell who won, they gave it to they guy going backwards I guess. If they went by transponder position, they got it wrong. I think?

It didn't look right. Haha

Nice. i live 20 mins away from the track but haven't been able to catch a race yet :(

Bowman Gray; every Saturday night is like that

Except that you can pass without wrecking the person...:)

Nice. i live 20 mins away from the track but haven't been able to catch a race yet :(

Get it while you can! The track is up for sale (http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1080-Hartford-Tpke-Waterford-CT-06385/2107609515_zpid/) for 3.3 million. If there isn't a buyer by October its off to the auction block. This will be the 2nd auction since 2008. The track was saved once, don't know if it can be saved again.

More: http://racedayct.com/2014/04/waterf...t-as-part-of-ongoing-foreclosure-proceedings/

Yeah, I'm gonna make sure to get out there cause its the only race track I can feasibly go to right now. I was hoping the Arutes would buy the track.

Bump for new members who haven't seen this.

And because I'm physched to go to the track this weekend! Been a long bumpy road for the Speedbowl the past 8 months but she looks to be back on course for a solid future!

Back
Top Bottom