Thinking about going to the Pocono race

Marcingak

Team Owner
This would be my first time going to a race. They have a $99 Tricky Track Pack that includes 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, and 4 sodas. It's on level 1, though. Is that a good area? I'm guessing we won't get to see much of the track from so low. Also, is the pit pass worth getting?

This would be my first time going to a race. They have a $99 Tricky Track Pack that includes 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, and 4 sodas. It's on level 1, though. Is that a good area? I'm guessing we won't get to see much of the track from so low. Also, is the pit pass worth getting?
I would buy the most expensive tickets I could afford....... I have never been to Pocono...... but..... I can tell you .... sit as high as you can at any track..... and .... the expense of traveling is wasted if you have bad tickets and can't see the race...... chince up on the tickets and all the money you spent ........ might as well just gone down the road and threw it out the window........

Bring an umbrella
For the sun or for the rain?;)

I'll be there. Hopefully not in a Poncho.
Yeah, hopefully.
I would buy the most expensive tickets I could afford....... I have never been to Pocono...... but..... I can tell you .... sit as high as you can at any track..... and .... the expense of traveling is wasted if you have bad tickets and can't see the race...... chince up on the tickets and all the money you spent ........ might as well just gone down the road and threw it out the window........
Thanks. That's what I was worried about. The cheap seats don't offer good views.

I have **** tickets. 1.5 hour drive. Lots of beer. I'll have a blast ;)

Lots of beer makes a big difference no matter WHERE you are........ I can have a great time at home in my garage as long as I lots of beer......

And I always do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My hunting truck beer cooler up at the camp in January 2014. And yes I'm in Florida. :D

upload_2017-7-21_10-29-49.png

If you've never had a pit pass It's worth getting in my opinion. Are you going to camp there?

Not sure if this will help answer your question but here are some pics of my seats during the June race this year. I was in France 123 - Row 9 - Seats 1, 2.

Could obviously see pit road and front stretch very well. Turn three had decent visibility and turn one seemed miles away. The huge TV screens are set up at the exit of turn 3 and end of pit road. I could make out the latter fairly well from the S/F line.

upload_2017-7-21_12-46-58.png

I've sat top row at Pocono before, and there was still a section of the short stretch that was blocked by infield buildings. Pocono can put on a great race, or a complete snoozer. Hopefully we get another one like June.

went there a couple of years ago, had tickets in lower rows. looked behind me top row seats were empty
watched rest of race from top row of seat at entrance of pit row
bring binoculars that you can strap to your head

If you've never had a pit pass It's worth getting in my opinion. Are you going to camp there?
No. Just show up on Sunday morning and leave Sunday night.

Not sure if this will help answer your question but here are some pics of my seats during the June race this year. I was in France 123 - Row 9 - Seats 1, 2.

Could obviously see pit road and front stretch very well. Turn three had decent visibility and turn one seemed miles away. The huge TV screens are set up at the exit of turn 3 and end of pit road. I could make out the latter fairly well from the S/F line.

View attachment 28230
Thanks! Those pictures helped a lot.

I would go ahead and eat the hot dogs and drink the sodas. It would probably be fun to enjoy them at the race, but they will probably loose their freshness.

Well, my thought is the complete opposite. Buy the cheapest ticket. Every NASCAR race I have been to in recent years had tons of open seats. Get your foot in the door and you can sit pretty much anywhere you like. In regards to "pit passes", this is a misnomer. You generally can only get on a small section of pit road and forget about getting close to the cars and drivers. Most tracks call these pre race passes and gets you down on the track before the race and during driver introductions. That said, if you have money to blow it is a neat thing to do. Also keep in mind Pocono is the only track I know where you can't leave the stands after entering, no passouts. At Pocono the souvenir trailers are located inside the gate, so this policy of no pass outs can be a real PITA. Honestly, because of that policy I did not go to a race there recently when I had a chance.

You can now access the souvenir trailers without a ticket. I'm not sure why Pocono banned doing that for a couple of years.

The most expensive grandstand ticket at Pocono is $80 which is a steal imo. Row 47 will keep you in the shade the ENTIRE race. I agree you can buy the cheapest ticket and move around but I like to make sure I have the top row.

Pocono is a great track. I've been to quite a few and it's definitely one of my favorites. The racing is generally good with the return of shifting. The track itself is a throwback type place. No place in NASCAR like it. Darlington and Martinsville come closest imo. I don't think you'll regret your decision to go if you pull the trigger.

Those seats in the 100 level are the MOST uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in for any sporting event. The views are extremely limited, although you are close to the action, but what bothered me is the seats felt cut off in the seating area, meaning your cheeks will barely be on the damn thing while your legs won't...like sitting on the edge of a bar stool for hours. You get what you pay for in life but I wish you a great time. I'm a heavier fellow so it was extremely uncomfortable for me but I hope you enjoy the bargain.

I was at the first race last year. Granted it was a rain out ran on Monday but the place was nearly empty except for the seats near the start finish line.
I say get the cheapest tickets available then find an open space you prefer. We were close to the end of pit road and not real high up and could see 90% of the track.

I was at the first race last year. Granted it was a rain out ran on Monday but the place was nearly empty except for the seats near the start finish line.
I say get the cheapest tickets available then find an open space you prefer. We were close to the end of pit road and not real high up and could see 90% of the track.

90% of the track? Are you part eagle?

Back
Top Bottom