Third Annual "Better Half Dash" Set For Oct. 10

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Anyone remember when Matt Kenseth's wife crashed and broke her collarbone in this event?

The women of NASCAR will get their turn to race for the spotlight at the third annual Better Half Dash on Oct. 10. The better halves of racing duos will showcase their skills before the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers battle it out for the fastest lap on Bojangles’ Pole Night at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

The women will race U.S. Legend Cars International Bandoleros around the frontstretch quarter-mile for bragging rights and charities such as Motor Racing Outreach and Speedway Children’s Charities.

To date, the entry list for this year’s Better Half Dash consists of:

Wendy Venturini, motorsports analyst for Fox Sports 1
Lyn-z Pastrana, wife of NASCAR driver Travis Pastrana (Last years winner)
Kristen Yeley, wife of NASCAR driver J.J. Yeley
Michelle Gilliland, wife of NASCAR driver David Gilliland
Ashley Stremme, wife of NASCAR driver David Stremme
Heidi Stoddard, wife of NASCAR team owner Frank Stoddard
Jessica Park, wife of NASCAR driver Steve Park
Gina Cope, wife of NASCAR crew chief Ernie Cope
Amy Gordon, wife of NASCAR crew chief Todd Gordon
Melanie Self, representing Motor Racing Outreach

Read the rest here.

Some video from the first one.

Defending Better Half Dash Champion Lyn-Z Pastrana clocked the fastest time in Monday’s qualifying session and will be a favorite to win back-to-back Better Half Dash on Charlotte Motor Speedway’s frontstretch quarter-mile during Bojangles’ Pole Night Thursday.

Some more info on this here.

I am trying to research these fine athletes in order to appreciate their talents.

So I started googling Lynn Pastrona, but my phone for some reason saw Lynn Pastrona as a women from Estonia...

jennifer-esposito-sam-who.jpeg

But I will keep trying as hard as ever...

Reminds me of the crew-chief race they did at Charlotte; that was fun.

Ashley Stremme an early favourite
Screenshot_2013-10-08-16-21-34.png
4720802469_28cc097ded_z.jpeg

Ashley Stremme takes the win. No other watchers on here? Oh well, I'll watch anything that races I guess.

Not sure of the time but the NASCAR Whelen Modified drivers will be taking the track for the UNOH Southern Slam 150 on that same link.

Back
Top Bottom