This has to be Jamie McMurray's last year at CGR right?

aroundgoes

Team Owner
Guy is 42 years old. 1 win in last 8 seasons

I can't imagine Chip keeping him for next season. Gotta get a younger guy in there that meshes well with larson

I think your starting to see some jealousy from Jamie regarding Larson to be honest

Guy is 42 years old. 1 win in last 8 seasons

I can't imagine Chip keeping him for next season. Gotta get a younger guy in there that meshes well with larson

I think your starting to see some jealousy from Jamie regarding Larson to be honest

How about a switch to Toyota for CGR, and tap into that Toyota Racing Development Driver Development pool? Oh yeah, and WE get Larson back.....

Idk...he's been running in the top 15 most of the races this season it seems...just doesn't have good finishes.

He's always got sponsors and he doesn't ruffle any feathers. He makes the playoffs each year. I think he's going to stay.

Idk...he's been running in the top 15 most of the races this season it seems...just doesn't have good finishes.

He's always got sponsors and he doesn't ruffle any feathers. He makes the playoffs each year. I think he's going to stay.

Actually the first 6 races he ran extremely poor throughout the race.

Matt Kenseth was out of a ride. He's only three years older, is a past champion and has 3x the amount of wins.

I can't see McMurray at the cup level past this season to he honest. Not in good equipment at least.

It probably depends on sponsorship, but I wouldn't be too surprised if John Hunter replaces him next year.

I don't remember McMurray ever roughing up another car. Larson is tiny, I guess Jaime thinks he could take him. Now if he had roughed up Newman, that would be another story.

How disappointed will you be when he is?

Who would Chip replace him with?

Ryan Preece, Christopher Bell, John Hunter Nemechek, Daniel Hemric ... plenty of options there.

I could see Christopher Bell leaving Toyota/Gibbs and going to another team if it becomes apparent there's no ride for him because Hamlin's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I don't remember McMurray ever roughing up another car.

Maybe not the same way Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin or Brad Keselowski do but I'd go watch some replays of Daytona and Talladega races from previous years. "The Big One" seems to have something in common, it's either triggered by McMurray or Elliott.

Maybe not the same way Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin or Brad Keselowski do but I'd go watch some replays of Daytona and Talladega races from previous years. "The Big One" seems to have something in common, it's either triggered by McMurray or Elliott.
I never see McMurray side by side racing hard for a position. It might happen, but I don't remember seeing it. And I have never seen him during a caution or after the race being involved in an altercation. Yeah I have seen him make some foolhardy moves in plate races. I think it is more stupid than brave. I think he has been coasting for a really long time. He didn't have to work too hard to stay ahead of Montoya, but when Larson showed up, it took awhile for Larson to get into the game, but the jig is up.

Did he though? Montoya finished eighth in points in 2009. McMurray has never finished in the top-10 in points.
you need to check the whole stay for Juan instead of cherry picking one year. ;) And while you are at it, check Larson comparison to McMurray

you need to check the whole stay for Juan instead of cherry picking one year. ;) And while you are at it, check Larson comparison to McMurray

What year did McMurray rejoin Ganassi, 2010? That was the only year he really outperformed Montoya. 2009 shows that Montoya, with the same team, strung together a more complete season than McMurray has, even when McMurray won several races in 2010.

Not sure what the deal is with McMurray now. I've always seen him as an underrated driver. He spent most of his career in a less than optimal situation, but now he's in a really fast car with a really good crew chief and just not getting it done. It's surprised me he and Matt McCall haven't put together a win yet, and McCall has put him in position to make it happen several times.

standings are the last column, the figures speak for themselves. One year JPM finished better out of 4. Compared to Larson especially this year, McMurray is dismal. Like I said :mad: he didn't have to work too hard to stay ahead of Montoya.
Montoya
upload_2018-4-24_12-2-13.png

McMurray
upload_2018-4-24_12-3-13.png

standings are the last column, the figures speak for themselves. One year JPM finished better out of 4. Compared to Larson especially this year, McMurray is dismal. Like I said :mad: he didn't have to work too hard to stay ahead of Montoya.
Montoya
View attachment 34498
McMurray
View attachment 34499

Ganassi was garbage during that period. The cars are much faster these days.

Ganassi was garbage during that period. The cars are much faster these days.
uh yeah, but my point is, who catches the heat, the driver with the better record or the one that is second? Larson was crap at Richmond, even had to take the lucky dog, but when all the cautions fell at the end of the race, he hustled his way up to a 7th place finish. McMurray finished 19th for the second week in a row. So who knows, maybe Larson took his line, looked at him funny, either way a second and a seventh beats the hell out of two 19th's

it depends if the sponsors are willing to pay the bills. Its solely dictated by that. I think most would agree jmac is easier to market than kenseth. while not to me, that is the view of the sponsors. elliott sadler is another example. take it even further so is david ragan. I think all but kenseth of those guys pretty much suck. but they somehow convince sponsors to keep paying. The benefit of matt and the reason roush wants him is I feel he has been around enough to give some good feeback on where the cars are at. Kinda like a harvick type guy. bring in a knowledgeable veteran and they can help get the cars sorted out. just ask dale jr what harvick did for JRM. I do feel like Jmac has run his course. he is not my type of driver. I prefer someone more manly. not a guy that fits into a pantene commerical.

Montoya
View attachment 34498
McMurray
View attachment 34499

LOL ... Montoya still put together a better 36 race season in 2009 than Jamie McMurray has done his entire career. Spin it all you want.

Ganassi is tied to Honda in Indy Car. Doubt that would ever happen.
How is that any different than the current situation? It's already really weird that Ganassi doesn't run Chevy in Indycar. Same with Penske. It's really weird that they run Chevy in Indycar but not in NASCAR.

How is that any different than the current situation? It's already really weird that Ganassi doesn't run Chevy in Indycar. Same with Penske. It's really weird that they run Chevy in Indycar but not in NASCAR.
My guess, it would be more sacrilegious two run two Japanese OEMs...more of a cultural thing I guess. Sure, Chip runs Ford GTs while also running Camaro ZL1s but I wouldn't compare Ford/Chevy to Toyota/Honda as far as rivalries go.
Other than that, Roger and Chip will go where the best deal is. One runs Chevy/Honda/Ford and the other runs Ford/Chevy/Acura, because it makes sense to do so for each series.

Back
Top Bottom