Thoughts?

I've never heard that radio transmission before "Now we're even". That changes my outlook on the whole thing.

what a crock-a-****e !! from jimmy spencer?? nascar bought-n-pd fer.....now that he's a talkin head ! ! his racin record....exhibit A !
tony sho would'nt a jumped outa car ta jump on him tho ! ha!

I've never heard that radio transmission before "Now we're even". That changes my outlook on the whole thing.

Wow, classy. Logano is crap.

Jimmy Spencer made me laugh though. "Throwing water bottles? That's for Rusty Wallace." Yikes, hahaha.

This changes eveything. Now we know the truth. I really didn't want to believe he did it on purpose.

here is that interview.
FONTANA, Calif. -- Joey Logano said he did not realize Denny Hamlin was involved in a hard crash when he made televised comments suggesting the driver had it coming – nor did he mean to wreck his former teammate on the last lap of Sunday's Auto Club 400.
Logano told USA TODAY Sports by phone Monday that he had "no idea" Hamlin was hurt or even that he hit the wall hard when he told Fox: "He probably shouldn't have done what he did last week (at Bristol), so that's what he gets."
"I just thought we were racing hard, you know?" Logano said Monday. "It happens. You don't ever want anyone to get hurt; you don't ever want anything to happen, especially to Denny. We were racing really hard there at the end of the race.
"I wish there was a SAFER barrier down there, and I wish I knew before I made any comments on TV also."

I'm not sure if Jimmy does this stuff to crank the volume up on the drama or he really thinks Joey had intentions of wrecking Denny. If Joey had found some sort of magic grip down on the bottom there and held his line around the bottom, might have been a great 3 wider to the finish line.

So where did the Logano "Now we're even" audio come from?
Oh he said it. It was played during the race broadcast during the cool down laps but not with the knowledge of the extent of the crash and the injuries. The Spencer video made it look as though it was a scene from Days of Thunder. Like was said before, for effect.

Oh he said it. It was played during the race broadcast during the cool down laps but not with the knowledge of the extent of the crash and the injuries. The Spencer video made it look as though it was a scene from Days of Thunder. Like was said before, for effect.

Ok. That, I can agree with.

jimmy spencer and kyle petty 2 guys that couldn't drive, but are pretty good at running their yaps

I never have cared much for Spencer either, and yes it was dramatized for tv, but he is giving the kid some really good advice. I hope Joey sees that segment and realizes that he screwed up big time and that it is not going to help him gain respect from the other drivers. But I imagine most of the other drivers will sit Joey down and give him a good scolding.

This changes eveything. Now we know the truth. I really didn't want to believe he did it on purpose.

I take it differently. Hamlin showed Joey no respect at Bristol, and Joey did the same Sunday. First off, Logano didn't wreck Hamlin, Hamlin wrecked himself. You can't plan to turn a guy to the infield if you're ahead of him.

My big question is why was Hamlin holding Logano down on the exit of turn 4? If he had drove off of the apex normally, Logano never would have gotten near him. So Hamlin decided to teach Joey a lesson by holding him down on exit, and Joey pushed back. Watch Logano's front wheels just before Hamlin backs off the gas and tries to turn him into the outside wall. Joey is trying to turn left and get untangled from Hamlin, but Hamlin wouldn't let him go.

Both guys had many opportunities to get to the rear quarter and turn the other guy, and Hamlins the only one who went that route...and it cost him dearly. 2 guys who have zero respect for each other racing real hard. That's how I see it.

So where did the Logano "Now we're even" audio come from?
Logano appears to say it at 2:00 right after the spotter says "P6...thanks a lot 11" on the cool down lap: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2013/03/26/auto-club-400-video-sights-sounds.html
You can also see around 1:37 Hamlin had an opportunity to save the car and get a top-10 but he decides to hit the right rear on the 22 as it is going by turning Logano into the outside wall. The 11 was already out of shape when Hamlin made this decision and this move is what sent his car on a more direct path into the inside wall.

def. feel like that was edited to show that

but i agree, he did seem like his intentions were to just not let danny win -- how could the spot not know busch is rollin up on them? there was no communication imo, probably just waiting for the other to wreck.

first post
2ake3ir.gif

I take it differently. Hamlin showed Joey no respect at Bristol, and Joey did the same Sunday. First off, Logano didn't wreck Hamlin, Hamlin wrecked himself. You can't plan to turn a guy to the infield if you're ahead of him.

My big question is why was Hamlin holding Logano down on the exit of turn 4? If he had drove off of the apex normally, Logano never would have gotten near him. So Hamlin decided to teach Joey a lesson by holding him down on exit, and Joey pushed back. Watch Logano's front wheels just before Hamlin backs off the gas and tries to turn him into the outside wall. Joey is trying to turn left and get untangled from Hamlin, but Hamlin wouldn't let him go.

Both guys had many opportunities to get to the rear quarter and turn the other guy, and Hamlins the only one who went that route...and it cost him dearly. 2 guys who have zero respect for each other racing real hard. That's how I see it.
There has been a lot of different views on this wreck but the drivers are two that know for sure. But I think that some of the fans views are based on which driver they liked the best.

It is pretty clear that there are a
There has been a lot of different views on this wreck but the only one that really knows for sure what went on is the two drivers. But I think that some of the fans views are based on which driver they liked the best.

That's always true, but I'm basing what I say on the actual race video and audio, not Spencers hack job. I remember when he was on Kurts ass about radio rants last year when he was with Phoenix. More than once, Spencer slickly used audio of CC or spotter rants after saying "Listen to him on the radio".

def. feel like that was edited to show that

but i agree, he did seem like his intentions were to just not let danny win -- how could the spot not know busch is rollin up on them? there was no communication imo, probably just waiting for the other to wreck.

first post
2ake3ir.gif

I think a case could be made that both were very intent on not letting the other win.

what a crock-a-****e !! from jimmy spencer?? nascar bought-n-pd fer.....now that he's a talkin head ! ! his racin record....exhibit A !
tony sho would'nt a jumped outa car ta jump on him tho ! ha!
Notice Monday they had people praising Joey, then Tuesday its hate Joey day.. theyre playing both sides of the fence here to get the fans going. Play it up a bit more. That being said....Jimmy.. really? Joey is 22 and already has done better in racing than you did in what...17 years? Like he knows "what it takes to become a great race car driver."

So, let's just put all this on a timeline.

Immediately after Hamlin wrecks: "Now we're even."

Immediately after race: "That's what he gets."

Tuesday after race, when everybody knows about Hamlin's injuries: "I was not trying to wreck Hamlin in any way, shape or form."

He's a liar and a piece of crap.
Just because he said theyre even doesn't mean he did it on purpose. He raced him hard like he said he was going to and they wrecked. I'd say he's right, theyre even. Just like Denny said he didn't mean to wreck Logano. Plus Denny turned down on Logano.. he pretty much wrecked himself.

That's always true, but I'm basing what I say on the actual race video and audio, not Spencers hack job. I remember when he was on Kurts ass about radio rants last year when he was with Phoenix. More than once, Spencer slickly used audio of CC or spotter rants after saying "Listen to him on the radio".
The one thing that is pretty clear in this thread is that Jimmy Spencer is not our favorite.:D

Jimmy Spencer truly is a "never-was", that said, if this is true then Joey really is the little ****head that I've always suspected he was.

Joey Logano onboard.

Listen to the throttle, it clearly backs up his Sunday comments. There was no way Joey was gonna let Denny by, even if it costs Joey himself. I don't have a issue with it, though I don't feel Fontana is a place for payback, if Denny wasn't injured we wouldn't be talking about this.

Joey Logano onboard.

Listen to the throttle, it clearly backs up his Sunday comments. There was no way Joey was gonna let Denny by, even if it costs Joey himself. I don't have a issue with it, though I don't feel Fontana is a place for payback, if Denny wasn't injured we wouldn't be talking about this.

I know you're a racer, but I can't agree.

If you're talking about Joey throttling up when he gets loose on turn 4 exit, I think it proves he WASN'T out to wreck Denny. Joey would have slide up into Denny quarter if he was. Instead, he decided to disrespect Denny and throttle up and lean on him and push for racing room. Denny didn't want to move up, and decided to turn into Joey's quarter panel while he was still well away from the wall. Did Joey plan to run him into the wall? His front wheels say no. Sure thing Denny wasn't going to win with Joey racing him that hard and 'disrespectfully', but Logano didn't wreck him. It's obvious he couldn't turn him to the infield while out front without Denny turning hard left.

Maybe there's no difference between 'He wont win, even if I have to wreck him' and 'I'll race him so hard he can't win'.

Joey is 22 and I'm thinking he wishes he said 'He didn't give me any respect, so I didn't give him any. That's what he gets'.

I know you're a racer, but I can't agree.

If you're talking about Joey throttling up when he gets loose on turn 4 exit, I think it proves he WASN'T out to wreck Denny. Joey would have slide up into Denny quarter if he was. Instead, he decided to disrespect Denny and throttle up and lean on him and push for racing room. Denny didn't want to move up, and decided to turn into Joey's quarter panel while he was still well away from the wall. Did Joey plan to run him into the wall? His front wheels say no. Sure thing Denny wasn't going to win with Joey racing him that hard and 'disrespectfully', but Logano didn't wreck him. It's obvious he couldn't turn him to the infield while out front without Denny turning hard left.

Maybe there's no difference between 'He wont win, even if I have to wreck him' and 'I'll race him so hard he can't win'.

Joey is 22 and I'm thinking he wishes he said 'He didn't give me any respect, so I didn't give him any. That's what he gets'.

Sounds to me like he goosed the throttle to get to Denny's door. If he would've throttled up and stayed in it I would almost buy it.....maybe buy it and keep the reciept......okay I still wouldn't buy it but hell it's fun to talk about right?:D

If you go to 40 seconds, you'll see Hamlin bump Logano to turn him down a bit and take the high line. The high line wins this race, and Hamlin knew it. Would he have bumped Tony like that?

Damn, the more I watch that video, the more impressed I get with Logano's skill. I'm also convinced that Denny is the one who decided Joey isn't going to win, even if I have to wreck him. Denny made his own mess right there. He was so caught up in it, he failed to lock them down and hit hard.

Sounds to me like he goosed the throttle to get to Denny's door. If he would've throttled up and stayed in it I would almost buy it.....maybe buy it and keep the reciept......okay I still wouldn't buy it but hell it's fun to talk about right?:D

He got past Dennys door. You don't head for a guys door to wreck him. You slow down and hit the quarter.

Watch the video from outside. Logano comes off the apex and Hamlin is pinching. Joey gets off the gas to stay off Hamlin and drops back past his door. Then Joey gathers it up and drives past, all the while sliding Denny up the track. I see no intentional wreck until Denny turns left into his quarter when it's clear joey won the battle.

I think we can agree on one thing. That was one hell of a performance by a kid on old tires on a day when new tires meant everything. Even Kyle couldn't keep up. Years from now, people will be wondering how JGR lost this kid.

Watch the video from outside. Logano comes off the apex and Hamlin is pinching. Joey gets off the gas to stay off Hamlin and drops back past his door. Then Joey gathers it up and drives past, all the while sliding Denny up the track. I see no intentional wreck until Denny turns left into his quarter when it's clear joey won the battle.

I think we can agree on one thing. That was one hell of a performance by a kid on old tires on a day when new tires meant everything. Even Kyle couldn't keep up. Years from now, people will be wondering how JGR lost this kid.

You do realize your posting as "FenderBumper" not "SlicedBread22" right???:D:confused:

Back
Top Bottom