Threads being sent the Podium or deleted

#17D500winner

IMO, it's unforunate when those few who can't debate a subject without insulting another's character, culture or beliefs know that by getting a thread sent to the cesspit can than really open up on other members.

They remind of spoiled ********* kids who always get their way by throwing the best temper tantrum and it SUCKS when the majority of us can't discuss an issue in a mature, intelligent, respectful and, yes, a sometimes jokingly manner.

Why in **** should they be catered to and even rewarded for acting in such a manner?

Thanks for reading.

Once the insults start on the podium, I am done. At that point it become pointless.

Once the insults start on the podium, I am done. At that point it become pointless.

And then spills over into the rest of the forum. It's frustrating as hell.

The threads in The Podium are actually much more civilized than many of the threads in the main sections. Well, until SST shows up.

Andy, I'm sorry but the Podium was far from civilized before it went no-holds-barred so I have an extremely difficult time believing it's improved since those days.

Andy, I'm sorry but the Podium was far from civilized before it went no-holds-barred so I have an extremely difficult time believing it's improved since those days.

Well, it has.

The Duck Commander 500 thread was destined for The Podium from the start.

Calling people names and insulting them is juvenile to say the least.
I dont know what the accusers think they are accomplishing regardless of how worthy their cause may be.

Once that starts it is a Springer free for all. Personally embarrassing to be involved.

almost all of the problems arise in the off topic/"chit chat" area. There are so many threads of them that it is hard to find the on topic racing threads, and when you do find one, the tread is usually hijacked pretty quickly. Sex, religion, and politics in every forum I belong to are started by the problem childs. Around here they are not banned so you learn to ignore and hunt for the racers in the group or join in the insanity. Simple but not easy.

What if we discussed racing and all that surrounds it and kept the personal business to IM's...might just work :)

what if we self monitored ourselves and stayed away from political, sexual and religious postings and comments. I can watch the evening news blues for a dose of that. I have enough disagreements over the racing. At any rate that is what I am trying to do not get caught up in the B.S.

Ehh, I don't see how having a thread moved to the Podium is a reward. If anything it's a demotion since fewer people are likely to see it once it ends up there, and the "boys have at it" nature of the Podium would probably scare most people off even if they could see it.

And I for one actually like the Podium, seeing as how I do have somewhat of an interest in politics. I almost never post there, but there are some really good discussions over there sometimes. I have to admit that I enjoy it when a thread begins to degrade and the insults start coming out, though. LOL. Those of you who post over there are really entertaining. :cheers:

As you've seen I use it for my entertainment and try to never get serious unless an open thread troll makes the mistake of coming in there.

Ehh, I don't see how having a thread moved to the Podium is a reward. If anything it's a demotion since fewer people are likely to see it once it ends up there, and the "boys have at it" nature of the Podium would probably scare most people off even if they could see it.

And I for one actually like the Podium, seeing as how I do have somewhat of an interest in politics. I almost never post there, but there are some really good discussions over there sometimes. I have to admit that I enjoy it when a thread begins to degrade and the insults start coming out, though. LOL. Those of you who post over there are really entertaining. :cheers:

It solely depends on the objective ;)

almost all of the problems arise in the off topic/"chit chat" area. There are so many threads of them that it is hard to find the on topic racing threads, and when you do find one, the tread is usually hijacked pretty quickly. Sex, religion, and politics in every forum I belong to are started by the problem childs. Around here they are not banned so you learn to ignore and hunt for the racers in the group or join in the insanity. Simple but not easy.
If I were to ban everyone that posted anything that resembled sexual innuendo, religion or politics, I would be seeing very few posters here.

Chaos is good sometimes. Don't take it personal TRL. It is what it is. Best racing forum on the web.

Chaos is good sometimes. Don't take it personal TRL. It is what it is. Best racing forum on the web.
She does take some of it personal because she runs the show and she has to deal with the bitchers from all sides of the coin.

I believe there are three of four moderators and you are not one of them.
I realize that I'm not a moderator but I have opinions and I will express them as I damn well please.

You just have to know your audience per say.

There is only one poster whom I won't engage in any type of discussion, I think you guys know who.

I've had my fair share of head butting with a few of you but it resolves pretty quickly and in a fun, friendly way.

Certain posters just wont let things go and that's when it gets bad imo.

As for the podium, I go there but I stay away from the politics and religious threads. Those always get out of hand.

You just have to know your audience per say.

There is only one poster whom I won't engage in any type of discussion, I think you guys know who.

I've had my fair share of head butting with a few of you but it resolves pretty quickly and in a fun, friendly way.

Certain posters just wont let things go and that's when it gets bad imo.

As for the podium, I go there but I stay away from the politics and religious threads. Those always get out of hand.
NO, YOU headbutting on the forums? Good golly molly wonders never cease. :rolleyes: :D

There have been many times when I have thought about joining the Podium, but there are a few subject like abortion that I feel very strongly about and I just know that it would be very difficult to not have someone's comments on a subject like that not affect the way I view that person as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom