Three wide starts

Yeah, I'm surprised they're doing it at California in the post-Wheldon era. But, props to IndyCar for trying to put on a good show.

They're also going to do standing starts at the first race of the doubleheaders at Toronto and Houston. They didn't do it at the doubleheader at Detroit because how narrow the course is (perhaps proven right by Bourdais causing a 7 car pileup on a restart).

honestly I think Indy is the only place they should do 3 wide starts. No standing starts, that's for F1 & whats with these doubleheaders, get rid of them I say...

Yeah, I'm surprised they're doing it at California in the post-Wheldon era. But, props to IndyCar for trying to put on a good show.

They're also going to do standing starts at the first race of the doubleheaders at Toronto and Houston. They didn't do it at the doubleheader at Detroit because how narrow the course is (perhaps proven right by Bourdais causing a 7 car pileup on a restart).
Didn't Champ Car try standing starts their final year?

Didn't Champ Car try standing starts their final year?
For some events, as I recall. Just like IndyCar this year, I believe some of their street circuits had too narrow of areas where the starting grid would be to do it at every track.

Back
Top Bottom