Tim Tebow

• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
R

Restrictor Plate King!

I wanna know everyone else's take on the Tebow deal. Who thinks he's gonna kick butt in the NFL & who thinks not. Me I dunno, running quarterbacks have never had a lot of luck in the NFL so I don't know. Although I am a huge fan of the Florida Gators, I didn't see anything different with Tebow's playing style from that of Nebraska Quarterbacks from the late 90's & early 2000's. Tommie Frazier, Scott Frost, & Eric Crouch were the same type of QB's that Tebow was in college but they blew his play out of proportion in my opinion because he played for the Gators, a high profile Collegiate program, & in the SEC which is regarded by many as the toughest conference in NCAA football. The media may be to blame for all of this...

I think he'd be better as a TE or maybe even a FB. He's not fast enough to run the Wildcat in pro ball. And depending on where he goes and his WR's will depend on what kind of QB he'll be.

I really like the guy, but I just don't see him being a very good NFL quarterback. Of course, he might prove us all wrong. I just don't see it though.

I am rooting for the guy to do well in the NFL no matter where he ends up playing. I think it will be really interesting to see where he goes in the draft.

i could see him going around the 3rd round as a special teams player. you can never have too many qb's available if needed. he's tough so i'd like to see him in 3rd and long situations as a te to block or be a receiver. he could turn out to be a nice find IF he can run short routes across the middle and catch the ball in traffic.

It's always hard to predict how anyone will turn out in the pros. Archie Griffin, the only two time Heisman winner was a bust in the pros. When Marino, Kelly and Elway were drafted, only Elway was drafted ahead of Todd Blackledge. Todd works the booth for TV in college football while the other three are in the hall of fame. Tim is a terrific guy and wants to prove himself in the NFL. Most of the experts say he really doesn't have a chance to succeed, so, unless he is drafted as a QB, he might not get that chance. Personally, I think that his drive just could propell him into a starting QB job, but he will have to fight tooth and nail just to get a chance to prove himself.

Feel sorry for the team that gets him because first loss he will flood the place with his tears....

Most of the experts say he really doesn't have a chance to succeed, so, unless he is drafted as a QB, he might not get that chance..
with his delivery he's a fumble waiting to happen. four years in college and he can't get rid of the ball fast enough to go against pro defensive lineman. what coach is going to take a chance with him as a qb?

with his delivery he's a fumble waiting to happen. four years in college and he can't get rid of the ball fast enough to go against pro defensive lineman. what coach is going to take a chance with him as a qb?

It only takes one team to decide he is worth a draft pick.

tebow learns in 2 months what urban meyer and florida couldn't, scratch that, didn't teach him in 4 years. unfriggin believable....

Florida didn't want to prepare him for a pro career, they wanted him to be the best college quarterback he could be. I can't stand Urban Meyer, but I'm not sure I can fault him for that. Although, teaching him to throw the ball correctly during one of their offseasons might have made him an even better college quarterback.

Every expert who saw him the other day said he looks tremendous, and most said he is likely a 2nd round draft pick now. That is amazing and a testament to his work ethic and coachability.

Florida didn't want to prepare him for a pro career, they wanted him to be the best college quarterback he could be. I can't stand Urban Meyer, but I'm not sure I can fault him for that. Although, teaching him to throw the ball correctly during one of their offseasons might have made him an even better college quarterback.

Every expert who saw him the other day said he looks tremendous, and most said he is likely a 2nd round draft pick now. That is amazing and a testament to his work ethic and coachability.

I'll be shocked if Wayne Weaver and Jack Del Rio don't draft him first round. Whether he'll be any good or not is up for debate, but him being on the roster in Jacksonville would sell out Jacksonville Municipal Stadium... and that's important with the NFL threatening to send the Jaguars franchise to L.A.

I'll be shocked if Wayne Weaver and Jack Del Rio don't draft him first round. Whether he'll be any good or not is up for debate, but him being on the roster in Jacksonville would sell out Jacksonville Municipal Stadium... and that's important with the NFL threatening to send the Jaguars franchise to L.A.
Yeah, but what if the owners end up selling the Francaise to someone out there in LA? Drafting Tibow might be a really bad idea then.

Yeah, but what if the owners end up selling the Francaise to someone out there in LA? Drafting Tibow might be a really bad idea then.

On top of that, drafting Tebow in Jacksonville might be the worst thing for him. Yeah, he would be an instant fan favorite. But there would be an awful lot of pressure on him and the fans would always want him to play whether he was really ready or not. If the starter struggled at all, the fans would be screaming for Tebow to play. The coaches and the front office people would be blamed if he didn't do the job too.

I saw Brady Quinn go through the same thing here in the Cleveland area. Brady could have been a legend here if he could have lived up to expectations, but he just couldn't seem to perform like he was expected. Was it is the pressure or simply inaccuracy that doomed him? It was probably a combination of both.

Back
Top Bottom