Toby, Willie, and Scott emerich

samcurry

Administrator
All i can say is :eek: WOW What a show. We had a blast, Kinda felt for willie, tempos were changed multiple times and bandmates did a great job with it.
Scott, well he's new but so far so good.
during these guys show i took multiple pictures and was even let up front row by security.
Then the big dog comes out. What an entrance, i want that ford. I got to take pictures of him during the first song. Then the security goons showed up.
"sir, your camera is to professional, we want the film or media in it." Me being the normal self informs them it isnt gonna happen and the deouty sherrif on the way in inspected it and OK'd it for use.
They explain that Toby doesnt approve of professional type pics during his concert, so we come to an understanding that i will not take any more and i get to keep my pics. Well that was mighty nice of them considering i paid 120.00 for these tickets. and wasnt doing anything wrong.
Anyways i didnt let that ruin my experience, i missed a few pics i really wanted like him and the flag guitar, but hey thats what the internet is for.(sorry toby) This guy is an entertainer. never left the stage.
I will post a few of the pics i took. (untouched of course) :) But i will have to make them small to put up.

toby

Attachments

• toby1.jpg
    toby1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 143
Nice pics, sam. Glad you had a good time. Yeah, Toby's "forces" can be a pain in the arse sometimes. Glad you were able to work somethin' out with them. I really like that pic of Willie with Jody in the background. Again, glad you had a good time.

Quite a few after-concert parties at several venues here in the DFW area. My EX used to work at Billy Bob's Texas as the music director until he went back to driving tour busses for a living. I have met quite a plethor of entertainers.

When my son was born he was fortunate to have 2 Godfathers. One is the stage manager for Willie. His name is Poodie Locke (it's on his driver license). The name will have to be discussed with Mama Locke. You may or may not have seen him with Willie's bunch. He has long hair, usually braided. He makes sure that all of the band's stuff is on the stage and set up exactly right. His first priority is to make sure Miss Bobbie (Willie's sister) has everything she needs. Then he makes sure that Willie's guitar is in tune, etc.... The other plays guitar for Toby. His name is Joey Floyd. (He is the one who has the long hair.) He used to hang out at our house and would get me into trouble with BJ Thomas. This was when he was dating B.J. Thomas' daughter and they weren't supposed to be seeing each other. It's not really funny now, but at the time it was hilarious. Oh, the good old days.

We don't get to see them very often any more, but when we do, it's a real party!!! If Toby ever comes thru with his promise, you may hear him sing a song referring to the "Husband-In-Law". That is what my EX calls my hubster and Toby thought it was great! We'll just have to wait and see, if and when. ;)

Very cool Maj! (We call 'em husband-in -laws here too,btw :p )

You probably have a LOT of good stories about some of those guys. Charley Pride, maybe? He was one of my favorites. Share with us sometimes---after all you are a Nashville native and all!

Great pics by the way Sam :cheers:

No, I don't think we will be discussing my "meeting" of Charlie Pride here in the open forum. It was a rather embarrassing for quite a few folks. B)

Back
Top Bottom