Today I became a big Chase Elliott fan.

FenderBumper

The "good old days" ??
No yapping about standing up for himself or retaliation after Denny mashed him out of the chase at the end of the M'ville race. Chase just went out and returned the favor and made it look like a racing deal. I loved his post race comments. Listening to Hammmy Hemline eat the sh!t sandwich he made himself made my day.

Absolutely. Didn't buy into the hype, and take that media bait. The payback was subtle and glorious.. I've already been high on the kid but today re-enforces it.

I didn't either, but he showed some classic old school race 'em how he races you. I'll wait to see if he becomes a regular in victory lane, but I like his style and I hope it stays that way.

Glad he evened the score, hopefully he gained more respect on the track and some “don’t mess with me” cred. It’s like the kid grew up today in front of us, hope he has nothing but checkers next year. Amped for the 9 team in 2018

Hopefully we see more of that next year with even more new drivers and a new Chevy body.

Rubbin' is racin. No jury in the world would convict the 24 of anything. As I said in another thread, hopefully it's over now...right, wrong, whoever is to blame or whoever retaliated. The shiz should be done and settled. It's no worse than any other short-lived feud that will be forgotten very soon. There's always another one festering.

After reading about this incident I looked at video on YouTube and all I saw was Elliott not cutting Hamlin any slack as he no doubt would have with most of the field. Denny is dumb enough I don't think he will see the correlation between Martinsville and Phoenix but if you live by the sword you also die by it as Hamlin found out yesterday.

Hamhead should retire and play golf.

What does he do to deserve Fedex as a sponsor?

Last edited:
Charging from 7th to 1st in crunch time with a car that wasn't very good all day is pretty clutch. There's nothing you can do about the guy behind you being faster and catching you with 10 to go. Chase had to win and he put himself in position to do it when it mattered most. That's clutch enough for me.

The excuses for the naysayers are growing slimmer and slimmer by the week. What would be left to say if he had actually won or when he actually does win? "Big deal, he's only won a race!"

I was glad to see it happen. Waited for it and was very satisfied. Even moreso that he didn't just wreck him outright.. but really it was more because I wanted Brad to make the final four.

I love how Denny thinks what he did and what Chase did are the same thing. "He showed he would do the same thing in the same situation".. uhh no he showed that karma happens

Chase took an 8th place car and willed it to the front with 30 to go after a few restarts. That is the mark of some of the best in this sport. How many time have we seen Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt, Kevin Harvick etc take a car that is not top 5 material and put it out front when it matters?

Chase has had a few wins slip away by better veterans on newer tires and on sloppy restarts.

Without a single win in the 2017 season, Chase is sitting 5th in total points earned minus playoff points with 1 race left.

Just imagine his position in points when the wins start rattling off.

Chase took an 8th place car and willed it to the front with 30 to go after a few restarts. That is the mark of some of the best in this sport. How many time have we seen Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt, Kevin Harvick etc take a car that is not top 5 material and put it out front when it matters?

Chase has had a few wins slip away by better veterans on newer tires and on sloppy restarts.

Without a single win in the 2017 season, Chase is sitting 5th in total points earned minus playoff points with 1 race left.

He's good.. for sure.

But he had better than an 8th place car imo... Ran near the front all day.

I've noticed that for whatever reason, a lot of NASCAR fans fail to, or simply don't care to apply context. There's so much more to this sport than the win/loss outcome, more so than the other sports leagues. Yes winning matters more than ever now, but look where he's at without doing so - HELLO.

I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up 5th, he's only a few points behind Blaney and Hamlin.

Chase claims he races how he is raced yet he routed brad out of the lead at martinsville for no good reason and thats fine but he is not 100% fair and clean like he wants everyone to beleive.

I love how Denny thinks what he did and what Chase did are the same thing.

Didn't Chase himself say that he will race people the way they race him? In this, what Chase did was the equivalent of what Denny did to him....at least in his mind....but then the media runs wild. Chase is destined to be loved....and so he will be.....When is the next episode of "Chasing History" with the gushing Claire B. Lang? I don't have a huge problem with what Chase did, but let's be clear about what he did.....He refused to pass Hamlin for the sole purpose of paying him back and taking Homestead away from him....and....He. Did. Just. That. Nothing more, nothing less. This is over....or should be.

Chase claims he races how he is raced yet he routed brad out of the lead at martinsville for no good reason and thats fine but he is not 100% fair and clean like he wants everyone to beleive.

My biggest concern for this guy is that he believes everything he hears. We might already be there.

I've noticed that for whatever reason, a lot of NASCAR fans fail to, or simply don't care to apply context.

Yeah, no ****. 2015. Thank you for realizing that.

Didn't Chase himself say that he will race people the way they race him? In this, what Chase did was the equivalent of what Denny did to him....at least in his mind....but then the media runs wild. Chase is destined to be loved....and so he will be.....When is the next episode of "Chasing History" with the gushing Claire B. Lang? I don't have a huge problem with what Chase did, but let's be clear about what he did.....He refused to pass Hamlin for the sole purpose of paying him back and taking Homestead away from him....and....He. Did. Just. That. Nothing more, nothing less. This is over....or should be.

Should be over, indeed. I think people get too worked up about "clean or not clean" or whatever. I think the big majority of the drivers try to race clean, it's in their interest to do so - they have to race the same guys every week. But when the stakes are high or even if your car is a handful, things happen. And if you knock the leader out of the race, he gets one on you - and when he returns the favor, you just have to take it. I think that's pretty much what Denny was saying. It's not who's good or who's clean, it's all just racing.

Should be over, indeed. I think people get too worked up about "clean or not clean" or whatever. I think the big majority of the drivers try to race clean, it's in their interest to do so - they have to race the same guys every week. But when the stakes are high or even if your car is a handful, things happen. And if you knock the leader out of the race, he gets one on you - and when he returns the favor, you just have to take it. I think that's pretty much what Denny was saying. It's not who's good or who's clean, it's all just racing.

Well said.

Didn't Chase himself say that he will race people the way they race him? In this, what Chase did was the equivalent of what Denny did to him

Denny got off light.

Denny flat out dumped him while he was leading with no chance to race.

Chase moved Denny out of the way. He had a good 5 or so laps to come to the pits and finish his race.

Hamlin made several fatal mistakes in this race. Worst of all, racing someone you've already spun for the win as hard as he did when he didn't need to. :rolleyes:

He lets Chase go, that's one spot and he likely advances.

TRD needs to call their insurance provider.

413647205.jpg

Back
Top Bottom