Tom Petty

Well that one hurts. RIP Tom . Thanks for the tunes.

RIP Tom Petty

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Oh oh. Flag on the field . Seems to be retractions happening now and that the story is "developing".
With a little luck, we may still have him.

Wow, October's off to a great start. :(

Petty was easily one of my all time favorites. RIP

Saw Petty live 5 times.One of the greatest musicians to ever walk this planet. RIP.:(

I had the privilege twice. He and the Heartbreakers were definitely one of the best live rock acts around for the last few decades. Just wrapped up their 40th anniversary tour. Very unfortunate and sad. He's the same age as my Dad. Hope somehow the reports were wrong and he pulls through.

I still remember hearing "Refuge" for the first time in 1979. I was driving a 1973 Chevrolet Nova and a Junior or Senior in High School.

It was a great opening rift, a moment frozen in time, I still remember the street I was driving on at the time.

I still remember hearing "Refuge" for the first time in 1979. I was driving a 1973 Chevrolet Nova and a Junior or Senior in High School.

It was a great opening rift, a moment frozen in time, I still remember the street I was driving on at the time.
I was 16, sitting in traffic school. The door to the classroom was open and someone had a decent car stereo.

Pretty much wore out at least 1 cassette copy of Damn the Torpedos in 1979 , 2nd year in college.

Crazy, still have my fingers crossed. How bout you fire up the pony and run down
to the clinic and give us a first hand report?

So this is what its like to be a Baby Boomer and lose big chunks
of your entertainment heroes from your past - present. Its sad but just glad
I stopped and experienced and appreciated their gifts along the way.

A comment from Steve0626 / Setlist on Tom Petty's last show:

"Since this was the last show of the tour in their hometown, we were treated to a 10 minute version of "Breakdown" that was magical !! The band was obviously partying tonight, as Tom was slurring his words later in the set as he talked to the crowd. You could tell the band was having fun on this last show. Wow!"

No one has posted this one yet?

RIP

Back
Top Bottom