Tony / Leah

Did you read the comments on that post?

Wow

scroll down to the comments near bottom of page

Talk of tonys sprint accident, etc not polite comments
I have read comments like that on some of the drag racing sites also. Some fans have no class and don't deserve to even be recognized. If I had a dollar every time I have heard a fan dish on different drivers for not interacting with their fans which most of the time isn't true at all, and I can definitely say this one isn't true about Leah. I have only met Stewart one time but I have been working around Leah clear back to the days she was chasing a nostalgia funny car championship and I was working on Del Worsham's funny car, and I can tell you she loves her fans and devotes as much time as she can to them. What a lot of fans don't take into consideration is that she is not like a John Force and can hangout at the ropes signing autographs between rounds the whole time, because she actually helps on the car. But, she does go to the rope and sign autographs and does photos as much as time will allow. But some fans don't realize the drivers have certain things they have to get done in a short amount of time so the car can make it for the next round and a lot of times as soon as the race is over they are in a hurry to get to the airport so they won't miss their flight on Sun night.

Last edited:
I have read comments like that on some of the drag racing sites also. Some fans have no class and don't deserve to even be recognized. If I had a dollar every time I have heard a fan dish on different drivers for not interacting with their fans which most of the time isn't true at all, and I can definitely say this one isn't true about Leah. I have only met Stewart one time but I have been working around Leah clear back to the days she was chasing a nostalgia funny car championship and I was working on Del Worsham's funny car, and I can tell you she loves her fans and devotes as much time as she can to them. What a lot of fans don't take into consideration is that she is not like a John Force and can hangout at the ropes signing autographs between rounds the whole time, because she actually helps on the car. But, she does go to the rope and sign autographs and does photos as much as time will allow. But some fans don't realize the drivers have certain things they have to get done in a short amount of time so the car can make it for the next round and a lot of times as soon as the race is over they are in a hurry to get to the airport so they won't miss their flight on Sun night.

Is she a nice woman, nitro?

And thanks for the inside scoop.
Love that she wrenches on the car.

I'm sure she has her bad days like most of us but she has always treated me with nothing but respect and she is a damn hard worker. She will be right there beside the rest of her crew until the work is done. Which is the same way Melanie Troxel was when she was driving. I have seen both of those women working on their race cars at 1.00 to 2.00 in the morning when Leah was driving Plugers nostalgia funny car and Melanie was driving the In&Out Burger alcohol / A-fuel dragster. Both those women started from the ground up and were not afraid to get dirty and put in long hours and I feel they deserve to be respected for that. Leah and Mel are very smart also. Melanie actually started manufacturing specialty tools like air valve spring compressors that we used to rebuild the cylinder heads. A lot of drivers moonlight doing other things. For instance Melanie's ex husband Tommy Johnson Jr sells a lot of the parts that a lot of the teams use. I ordered all of our valve cover and oil pan gaskets from him.

Back
Top Bottom