Tony Raines

T

The_Mad_Hatter

Raines isn't getting much attention in this ROTY race. Which, with Mears and McMurray in it I'm sure they'll be fighting for first. But, Raines has stayed out of trouble and finished as well as the other rookies the past two races. You'd think the commentators or Nascar.com would maybe notice, no? :rolleyes:

Well if he had a sponsor on the car then we might here more about him!! I think it would be great if He could pull out a surprise and win ROTY!!

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510@Mar 10 2003, 12:33 PM
Well if he had a sponsor on the car then we might here more about him!!
So a driver's performance isn't as important as his sponsor?

I am just saying if he had a sponsor on the car i bet the TV guys would talk more about him. Plus he just seems to always stay out of the spot light. You never see him get in the middle of anythign. He is not agressive( kinda like JB) You never hear about either of them unless they areup in the top 10, even in the BGN

Tony has earned a bit more spotlight time than he has been given, though I have heard Larry Mac and Jeff give him a couple of mentions.

This season we have not really heard a whole lot about any of the rookies, so far they haven't managed to make the splash of what folks have grown accustomed to over the past three years or so.

As the ROTY race takes shape we might perhaps begin to hear more about them, keeping in mind that only a little over half of the season counts in the points.

As usual, you make some very valid points HS. I haven't heard a whole lot about Mears either.

It has just been kinda being out there so far this year for the crop of young 'uns. Nothing for anyone to hang there hat on.

Four races into the season and each race has a different driver as the top rookie finisher.

Sprague at Daytona, 14th - Then he finishes 34th and 26th in the next two races

McMurray at Rockingham 5th - Great little run but he surrounded it with a 31st at Daytona and a 32nd at Vegas.

Mears at Vegas, 15th - Preceded that with a 27th and a 30th respectively in the first two races.

Biffle at Atlanta, 13th - DNQ'd Vegas the week before.

Raines has made every race so far but has yet to garner a top 20 or a top finishing rookie spot. Hopefully both of those will change soon.

Foyt, the final ROTY contender has a host of problems confronting him. Let's just say he will probably do as well as anyone has in the #14 car of late.

Back
Top Bottom