Tony should really thank Todd Bodine for this championship

N

Nascar24rainbow

I read this on NASCAR's site and though it was really interesting. If Todd Bodine didn't get in Stewart's car when he was injured from Darlington, Stewart would have fallen many laps down and scored atleast 44 less points.

http://www.nascar.com/2002/news/opinion/gu...itle/index.html

Todd Bodine gets an assist.

A Joe Gibbs crewman helps Todd Bodine into Stewart's seat at Bristol.

It didn't mean much at the time, but a little help from Todd Bodine probably helped save Tony Stewart's title hopes.

Stewart's accident left him driving hurt at Bristol -- and on lap 366, he surrendered the car to Todd Bodine.

Somehow, the team stayed on the lead lap during the driver exchange, and Bodine kept the car on the lead lap the rest of the way.

Fortunately for Stewart, Bodine was out of a ride at the time and available to fill in. Bodine, with a similar build as Stewart's, was able to get comfortable in the car and drive it as well as Stewart.

Had Stewart fallen more than four laps down -- a very real possibility at Bristol -- Stewart would have scored 44 fewer points that day. He ended up winning the title by only 38.

that is crazy to go back and think about all the stuff that could of happened especially with that close of a race.

What if an Alligator walked out in front of Tony on the 1st lap at Homestead,and damaged his car.
What if Tony would have had trouble with his CD player during the race.
What if Mark had used his mojo to jinx Tony

To think of the what if's is not going to change a thing. :D

I forgot all about that. Maybe Gibbs will send Bodine a fruit basket for XMas. lol.

I'm sure if that did happen, stewart would have found another way to win the championship, this was just his year.

maybe if todd wasnt so excited to get in that hotrod, someone else may have one it:rolleyes:

Relief drivers are nothing new. If it would not have been Todd, it would have been somebody else.

Tony will send him something nice, maybe a chance to look at the trophy or something.

Back
Top Bottom