Tony Stewart article

H

hooty3

I just read this from Jayski's......makes me wonder why Tony is even in Winston Cup(especially if he is accurately quoted)

Stewart Wins Sprint race but hurt in Midget race: Tony Stewart won the 40-lap Sprint car Turkey Night Grand Prix race before a sellout crowd of 6,500 at Irwindale Speedway on Thanksgiving, but was involved in a fiery Turn 3 crash in the Midget car race, won by Michael Lewis. Lewis, from Noblesville, Ind., held off a desperate challenge from Kasey Kahne, who finished second in the race for the second time in three years. Kahne tried going outside of Lewis on the last five laps of the 100-lap race, but to no avail. Stewart crashed when the throttle of Aaron Fike's car, running one spot behind Stewart, was stuck and he plowed into the rear of Stewart's car, sending both into the Turn 3 wall. Both were shaken up with Stewart sitting in his car … the one he brought from his museum for the race … for a long time before finally emerging. Both refused transport to an area hospital. Stewart was complaining of a sore ankle. Stewart, who won the Winston Cup title last week in Miami, dominated the Sprint car race. "I came out and won on Turkey Night again," Stewart said of his half-lap victory in the 40-lap main event. "It's great to be back in a real race car and out of those taxi cabs for a little bit," he said. "You guys are the real race fans. It's not about a signature. You want real racing. Everyone tells me to change. I won't change if you won't change. You've come here to see real racing." Stewart, who won in his last appearance at Irwindale, in the 2000 Turkey Night Grand Prix, is the first driver to win in three different cars on Turkey Night. It was only his second time in a Sprint car this year; he won at Tracy. His Sprint car bore the number 20 and was orange, the same as his Cup car.(in part from the San Gabriel Valley Tribune), Stewart did not require hospitalization.(11-29-2002)

Which part don't you understand? Cup cars have long been critized as being taxi cabs.

Do you think NASCAR is the penultimate racing series? That it's perfect? Should Stewart say politically correct things to keep the autograph hounds happy all the time?

Sometimes I wonder what people are watching NASCAR for, if they are upset over things like this.

hmmmm....understood it all....just wondered why he'd race in Cup if he didn't like it.......of all the racing I watch..I think nascar is the best....nope...far from perfect......whatever about the hounds(some do appreciate and keep autographs)......and never once said I was upset or even cared about his comments(if that was directed at me).....again...all it made me do is wonder why he's in cup..nothin more nothin less.......:)

Winston Cup is like driving a taxi because it's like you are carrying the press, the fans and in-car cameras recording every move you make....

I agree with Tony, being a Cup driver sucks big time....:mad:

Originally posted by hooty3181529
all it made me do is wonder why he's in cup..nothin more nothin less.......:)

Again, which part didn't you understand? All he did was comment on the cars being big and clunky. Does that mean he doesn't like it?

I don't understand what you're getting at.

oh boy....again....I understood it......lets see if I can make you get it....I read the article...the first thing that came into my head was..."why is he even in cup".......so I put the article over here for others to read and put in what my thought was.....there's really not much more to understand Paul.....I'm not taking a shot at Tony..he can say whatever he wants, feel how ever he wants, but each time I read something about him(or any other driver) who seems to not like racing in Cup..My first thought will probably be.."wonder why he's even in cup then".......can't get any simpler than that......

Again, all he did was comment on the cars being big and clunky. Does that mean he doesn't like it?

I kinda got the hint of him not liking cup either. He said miget racing was the "real racing". But I'm sure he likes it though still or he wouldn't be here.

I didn't read anything into what he said. He was speaking to the midget fans at Irwindale.......praising them for their support of the racing series. He said nothing against NASCAR...........only that it was refreshing to get out of the "taxis" for a change!:) There was a hint of some residual unhappiness about the way NASCAR, Joe Gibbs Racing, and Home Depot treated him eariler last season, but I don't blame him at all..........he did get a bum rap on that.:(

Originally posted by paul
Again, all he did was comment on the cars being big and clunky. Does that mean he doesn't like it?

he just didn't comment on the cars..he commented on fans and racing.....but whatever......from reading this article,I got..."why is he in cup then" and you didn't...thats the way it is...

I just read this from Jayski's......makes me wonder why Tony is even in Winston Cup(especially if he is accurately quoted)

Perhaps, just perhaps, it's because he has the ability and the pay is easy on the pocketbook. He is a real talent, and I find nothing wrong in him feeling that WC isn't 'real racing' with the way the PTB want everything so dern PC.

:angel:

all this from wondering out loud and feeling tony doesn't like cup.....:rolleyes:

All what?  All this discussion?  Were we not to respond to you?

i really didn't see a discussion....just you over analyzing and questioning a thought, but...It was my fault for putting that brief thought in the thread when I really wasn't thinking or trying to make my brief thought a thread...was just trying share the article with the board...so my BAD, you live and you learn and i'll pay more attention the next time as to what I am doin...:D

all this from wondering out loud and feeling tony doesn't like cup.....:rolleyes:

Sometimes I wonder why Tony sticks it out too.........but I didn't get the feeling that he was unhappy from that article. My wondering comes from the stuff he has had to deal with because everyone (press, NASCAR, team owner, and some fans) think he should fit in a different mold..........I, for one, became a fan of his this past season because he didn't fit any particular mold. He's Tony...........and I like what I see. I think he will not ever change..........if he gets too much pressure to do so, I feel he will leave the series. And I wouldn't blame him one bit.

**whipsers to DEW**

I wouldn't talk about it if I were you...just read the article he shared with us...but don't counter his theory about the article...that kind of thing isn't what discussion boards are for...

**slowly walks away from hooty and his thread**

Drinks are on me!!!...:D

just joking.....not looking for any hard feelings here....it was my fault for putting my thought at the top....because I just didn't give it much thought.....so sit back down Paul and i'll treat ya to any drink ya want..even the top shelf stuff....:D

I'll take a Guiness draught please.

But, I already was sitting...you're just short. :D

**whipsers to DEW**

I wouldn't talk about it if I were you...just read the article he shared with us...but don't counter his theory about the article...that kind of thing isn't what discussion boards are for...

it was a brief thought....if you wanna get started on a theory...we are gonna need the whole keg!!!......:D

here ya go...:beerchug:

Thanks hooty, that was a little harsh on my part...thanks for puttin up with me.

Cheers.

Originally posted by bud_stud
Stewart loves to race... nuff said.  :)

i think he'd race a shopping cart in a race if he had nothing else to race:)

Back
Top Bottom