Tony Stewart in 2012 Chili Bowl

Darn it. An already planned Nhra test session is going to keep me from attending this year.:(

Bet ya Tony can still wheel one of the lil cars!!!

I,m still trying to work it into my schedule but it comes at my busiest time of the year work wise :( It's a hell of a show though sooooo.....I might sneak off for a couple days :D

Bet ya Tony can still wheel one of the lil cars!!!

I,m still trying to work it into my schedule but it comes at my busiest time of the year work wise :( It's a hell of a show though sooooo.....I might sneak off for a couple days :D

I'll be there all week. Between the Swindells and now TSR, the rest of the field better step it up. And it sounds like Tony has something up his sleeve.

I'll be there all week. Between the Swindells and now TSR, the rest of the field better step it up. And it sounds like Tony has something up his sleeve.

My local boy Michael Pickens should not be discounted VA Dirt.
He races 10 mins from my home...and is good!

My local boy Michael Pickens should not be discounted VA Dirt.
He races 10 mins from my home...and is good!

You're probably right, but with equipment that Stewart and Swindell are bribing to town, he's got a tall order in front of him.

Tony also won the midget feature last night at the Rumble in Fort Wayne.

"Those of you who cheered, thank you," said #14-Tony Stewart after winning his record eighth event at the Rumble in Fort Wayne, IN on Friday night at the Memorial Coliseum Expo Center. "Those of you who booed can kiss my ass." Yes, it was the same old Stewart on Friday, who outdistanced the competition in the midget feature to earn the victory in a 20-year old Volkswagen-powered Munchkin that was built more than 20 years ago by Roanoke resident Mike Fedorcak. Since 2004, Stewart has stuck with the Munchkin at the Rumble and has won seven times. "This car is 20 years old, but when it was built it was way, way ahead of its time," Stewart said. "This is just a car that's fun to drive, it's easy to work on and set up." After a two-year absence in which Stewart was overseas doing, what else, racing cars, the Indiana native returned this year to the Rumble and other area events, including racing in Indianapolis last week and looking ahead to the indoor Chili Bowl Midget Nationals. "The last two years we took a break (from racing locally), but now we are back to our old schedule," Stewart said. "We are glad to do them again." The second day of the Rumble in Fort Wayne continues today, with gates opening at 11 a.m. Stewart plans to race in the midget events again, going for his second sweep of the two midget features. He also swept both events in 2006. Also featured tonight will be mini-sprints and winged midget features.(Fort Worth News-Sentinel)(12-31-2011)

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20111231a

You're probably right, but with equipment that Stewart and Swindell are bribing to town, he's got a tall order in front of him.

That could be true but Picken's came third last year and he's racing for the same crowd again Loyet Motorsports who I believe are fielding 6 cars!

Brad Mosen is racing for Andy Bondio again......hope his engine doesn't give up on him again.

It looks like Ricky Stenhouse Jr is on the entry list also.

I wish they would of kept putting this race on pay per view. We had an awesome party when they did it a few years back. They musta lost their money backer after they did it the first year.

I wish they would of kept putting this race on pay per view. We had an awesome party when they did it a few years back. They musta lost their money backer after they did it the first year.
We made a big pot of chili and had a beer and chili party. It was the next best thing to being there.

Just came across this, the 2003 running. It was on ESPN2, not sure when.

[youtube]MAUL9Nb-2e8[/youtube]

It was a good day one for me with Pickens 3rd in the A main and thus confirmed in the Final

Lonnie Wheatley, TULSA, Okla. (January 10, 2012) – Coming off a remarkable breakthrough season in 2011, Kyle Larson added yet another notch to the win column by topping Tuesday night’s 25-lap Warren CAT Qualifying feature event to kick off the 26th Annual Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals at the QuikTrip Center’s Tulsa Expo Raceway.

The 19-year-old from Elk Grove, CA, raced by Kevin Ramey for the lead on the high side on the fifth round and worked traffic flawlessly over the final ten circuits to post the victory in front of NASCAR Nationwide champion Ricky Stenhouse, Jr., and New Zealand’s Michael Pickens, all of whom locked into Saturday’s 50-lap Chili Bowl championship feature event.

Keep us informed VAdirt

I heard the Chili Bowl will be on TV Saturday, April 14th at 2PM ET CBS Sports Spectacular, probably just highlights but better than nothing.

A tremendous week of racing is over. Kevin Swindell won his third in a row (I would have rather seen Sammy get his sixth win, I think Kevin is a little punk) but the cringe wasstill great all week.

On a very sad note, a local racer was killed Saturday morning in a domestic dispute, killed by his own grandfather. Donnie Ray Crawford was the 2007 rookie of the race, and was loved by everyone there. Always with a smile on his face, and always ready to talk with anyone that stopped by.

I always hate to see this week come to an end.

Back
Top Bottom