Tony Stewart racing at Le Mans in 2017? Driver mulls his schedule

Looks to me like Tony is cherry-picking the highest offers.
Millionaires never get tired of making more money.

Looks to me like Tony is cherry-picking the highest offers.
Millionaires never get tired of making more money.
If he were looking for easy money, why not just stay in the Cup Series? I can still say Cup, right?

Reads to me like he has a desire to race and can now do all of the things that he'd like to do. A damn lucky guy to be in that kind of situation IMO.

Reads to me like he has a desire to race and can now do all of the things that he'd like to do. A damn lucky guy to be in that kind of situation IMO.
I agree with that, my opinion was just an extension to his new program. Tony has never called me and I don't get any of those radio shows so anything I said was just an opinion based on normal behavior for the rich and famous.:D

It would be cool if he took another run at the indy 500 too. I wonder how he would do knowing that he didn't have to compete in the World 600 afterward.

It would be cool if he took another run at the indy 500 too. I wonder how he would do knowing that he didn't have to compete in the World 600 afterward.
I noted in the Gordon / Rolex discussion that maybe Tony would be interested in the IMSA race on the Indy infield road course. I think JPM is the only one to run the I-500, the Brickyard 400, and the IMSA Indy Grand Prix.

I noted in the Gordon / Rolex discussion that maybe Tony would be interested in the IMSA race on the Indy infield road course. I think JPM is the only one to run the I-500, the Brickyard 400, and the IMSA Indy Grand Prix.
And the US GP at IMS as well. They dropped the IMSA race after 2014 though.

I think Tony would definitely be in a Prototype ride at Daytona, but I'm not sure where he'd slot in at Le Mans.

In a Corvette somewhere.lol
That popped in my head, but the factory team only need six drivers. Four are taken up by the full-time IMSA guys and presumably the Taylor brothers will take the third seat for each as they did this year. Maybe an Am entry will move up but GM usually are not at all keen on racing against privateers in the same cars. Maybe Ford and Chip gave him a ring?

That popped in my head, but the factory team only need six drivers. Four are taken up by the full-time IMSA guys and presumably the Taylor brothers will take the third seat for each as they did this year. Maybe an Am entry will move up but GM usually are not at all keen on racing against privateers in the same cars. Maybe Ford and Chip gave him a ring?

Possibly with the new SHR ties to Ford that is a possibility, but idk though. Just seeing Tony in a. Ford is about as wrong seeing him in a Toyota, at least IMHO.

Possibly with the new SHR ties to Ford that is a possibility, but idk though. Just seeing Tony in a. Ford is about as wrong seeing him in a Toyota, at least IMHO.
Totally agree. I just can't think of who else he may have ties to. Obviously there aren't a whole bunch of American entries.

Back
Top Bottom