Tony Stewart wants many claims dismissed in wrongful death lawsuit

Liked the post as I learned info too. Tragic situation....I am hoping against hope this does not go to court as Dont want NASCAR drug through the mud. And it would be...through Tony.

To believe that Tony had the time to figure out who was around him and who it was coming at his car and decide to show off is pretty much a stretch. Did the parents happen to think that just maybe if their son had stayed in the car and not go down the track and maybe if he hadn't been wearing a black suit that maybe he would be alive? How much the drug may or may not had would be hard to determine, but it didn't help matters or the case for the parents.

To believe that Tony had the time to figure out who was around him and who it was coming at his car and decide to show off is pretty much a stretch

Possible that Stewart was hitting the gas because he wanted to avoid Ward. Didn't read the article, so I don't know (or really care).

To me, it's like a road rage deal in town. If someone comes running up to my car in a threatening fashion and clearly intends to assault me, I'm going to drive away -- and I'm not going to worry about his safety at that point either.

Seeing the Wards can judge the intent of Tony Stewart I can do the same to them.

It is macabre that the parents of the deceased would attempt to shift blame away from their son, who was clearly at fault, in an attempt to shake down funds from Tony Stewart so they could quit working and sit around on their lazy asses.

To believe that Tony had the time to figure out who was around him and who it was coming at his car and decide to show off is pretty much a stretch. Did the parents happen to think that just maybe if their son had stayed in the car and not go down the track and maybe if he hadn't been wearing a black suit that maybe he would be alive? How much the drug may or may not had would be hard to determine, but it didn't help matters or the case for the parents.

We're now faulting a guy for wearing a dark racing suit? o_O

Talk about a stretch.

Mistakes were made on both fronts.

Possible that Stewart was hitting the gas because he wanted to avoid Ward. Didn't read the article, so I don't know (or really care).

To me, it's like a road rage deal in town. If someone comes running up to my car in a threatening fashion and clearly intends to assault me, I'm going to drive away -- and I'm not going to worry about his safety at that point either.

Also a crazy theory.

Drivers do that all the time. They get out of their cars and they try to confront a dude inside a moving car that's going at considerable speed. See it all the time in NASCAR.

To say it was in a threatening fashion is kind of looney. Usually the one doing the driving is the threatening force given that he's the one in control of a machine capable of ending your life.

Again, both sides have their fair share of blame.

No one but Tony knows for sure what his intent was. Kevin made the fatal mistakes of being judgment impaired AND leaving his race car AND approaching cars on an ACTIVE track.

Would have never happened had he remained in the car until it was safe to get out. Go after Tony in the pits if he felt wronged.

Kevin Ward thought the wisest thing to do was to exit his car on a dimly lit track wearing a black helmet, a black drivers suit, black gloves and black shoes in order to make a point. He personifies the phrase "you first have to be young and dumb to become old and wise" and unfortunately he won't get to become old or wise but he did it to himself. I will reserve my anger for people like senior citizens struggling to afford medication and other essentials.

Talk about a stretch.

Also a crazy theory.

Drivers do that all the time. They get out of their cars and they try to confront a dude inside a moving car that's going at considerable speed. See it all the time in NASCAR.

To say it was in a threatening fashion is kind of looney. Usually the one doing the driving is the threatening force given that he's the one in control of a machine capable of ending your life.

I respectfully disagree as what Ward did was take a completely unnecessary risk that got him killed. If exiting his car would have done some good or changed his situation I would understand but the best thing that could have happened is nothing and we saw what the worst case scenario was.

No one but Tony knows for sure what his intent was. Kevin made the fatal mistakes of being judgment impaired AND leaving his race car AND approaching cars on an ACTIVE track.

Would have never happened had he remained in the car until it was safe to get out. Go after Tony in the pits if he felt wronged.

Absolutely but seeing Ward's parents can judge intent I will do so again. Ward got out of his car to confront Tony Stewart so he could make a name for himself by challenging a championship driver but instead walked under Tony's right rear wheel. You mess with the ram you get the horns.

I respectfully disagree as what Ward did was take a completely unnecessary risk that got him killed. If exiting his car would have done some good or changed his situation I would understand but the best thing that could have happened is nothing and we saw what the worst case scenario was.

We can certainly disagree amicably.

Although you seem to be making this issue a personal one. Which is your prerogative.

I just happen to think it's not as clear cut as Ward just being a bonehead. All drivers are most of the time.

Absolutely but seeing Ward's parents can judge intent I will do so again. Ward got out of his car to confront Tony Stewart so he could make a name for himself by challenging a championship driver but instead walked under Tony's right rear wheel. You mess with the ram you get the horns.

Thats cold and callous. this is a tragedy. Tony was not the same after this along with the Wards word altered forever. To say Ward got what he had coming because he smoked weed and it was dark may be true, but it is callous to say he got the horns.

We can certainly disagree amicably.

Although you seem to be making this issue a personal one. Which is your prerogative.

I just happen to think it's not as clear cut as Ward just being a bonehead. All drivers are most of the time.

I think Ward was just a young kid that made a mistake. What I don't care for is the approach Ward's parents have taken in saying that Stewart deliberately ran over their boy because he was trying to teach him a lesson as who are they to judge intent? The situation is tragic but Ward's parents look like ambulance chasers who are looking to get paid because their son erred.

Y'all ain't seen ner heard nothin' yet.

If my prediction is correct, you never will.

I think Ward was just a young kid that made a mistake. What I don't care for is the approach Ward's parents have taken in saying that Stewart deliberately ran over their boy because he was trying to teach him a lesson as who are they to judge intent? The situation is tragic but Ward's parents look like ambulance chasers who are looking to get paid because their son erred.

People grieve in different ways. I cant speak for a loss on that level personally but I can imagine what they must be feeling as parents. Probably a lot of anger and they want--need someone to blame and be the bad guy.

But what do I know really.

Thats cold and callous. this is a tragedy. Tony was not the same after this along with the Wards word altered forever. To say Ward got what he had coming because he smoked weed and it was dark may be true, but it is callous to say he got the horns.

It is not surprising but I can't tell you how sad and frustrating it can be to have someone read what you have written and totally misconstrue it. I never mentioned that Ward was under the influence of marijuana, how Tony Stewart felt or that Ward got what he had coming.

You obviously don't know what "mess with the ram and get the horns" so I will give you a quick definition. If you mess with a bull or ram by entering into their pen you can be surprised if you are attacked. It doesn't mean that you deserve to be be attacked or killed just that it shouldn't be a shock.

If a driver enters a track where vehicles are close proximity they don't deserve to be hit but they should not be surprised if they are. It is the same thing if I decide to play road hockey on the freeway as I don't deserve to get hit but I have put myself in a situation where it could happen. Does any of this make any sense to you?

People grieve in different ways. I cant speak for a loss on that level personally but I can imagine what they must be feeling as parents. Probably a lot of anger and they want--need someone to blame and be the bad guy.

But what do I know really.

It would certainly be easier to think that your loved one had no responsibility in their misfortune but the truth doesn't change.

It is not surprising but I can't tell you how sad and frustrating it can be to have someone read what you have written and totally misconstrue it. I never mentioned that Ward was under the influence of marijuana, how Tony Stewart felt or that Ward got what he had coming.

You obviously don't know what "mess with the ram and get the horns" so I will give you a quick definition. If you mess with a bull or ram by entering into their pen you can be surprised if you are attacked. It doesn't mean that you deserve to be be attacked or killed just that it shouldn't be a shock.

If a driver enters a track where vehicles are close proximity they don't deserve to be hit but they should not be surprised if they are. It is the same thing if I decide to play road hockey on the freeway as I don't deserve to get hit but I have put myself in a situation where it could happen. Does any of this make any sense to you?

Dude, I dont need a lesson on what the "horns" are.. I am beginning to think my first impression of you was right. @Johali I should have listened to you

Last edited:
Dude, I dont need a lesson on what the "horns" are.. I am beginning to think my first impression of you was right. @Johali I should have listened to you

That is fine but what does it have to do with totally misconstruing what I said? For some reason you brought up Ward's marijuana use which I hadn't and then you essentially said I thought he got what he deserved which is completely false. If you has known what "messing with the ram" meant you would have been able to ascertain that right?

I can get into enough tight spots for what I actually say that I sure don't need folks like you making it up for me. Do you understand?

IMO, none of this is the fault of the driver that stayed in his racecar.

Exactly! Be smart and stay in your car and live to fight another day! If you can't stay in your car and venture out onto a track with moving cars don't be surprised if something negative happens. None of this is rocket science!

That is fine but what does it have to do with totally misconstruing what I said? For some reason you brought up Ward's marijuana use which I hadn't and then you essentially said I thought he got what he deserved which is completely false. If you has known what "messing with the ram" meant you would have been able to ascertain that right?

I can get into enough tight spots for what I actually say that I sure don't need folks like you making it up for me. Do you understand?
I know what you meant, and you are trying to weasel out. Last post on this-I wanted to give you a chance, but on to ignore.

I know what you meant, and you are trying to weasel out. Last post on this-I wanted to give you a chance, but on to ignore.

I am not trying to weasel out of anything as if I felt Ward deserved to die I would have simply said it. You misconstrued what I said and it is simple as that.

I hope the courts see it that way.
I agree..... Tony should be found to have no fault in this situation.... the kid was young and ****y...... wanted to make a name for himself ... was gonna' confront a Nascar star and it didn't work out... as someone has mentioned... there's a waiver that has to be signed.... everyone signed it..... Skoal was right in his post about ''taking the bull by the horns''....... It's a shame the kid had to learn the hard way... it cost him his life for being ****y.... His parents either can't come to grips with the fact that their kid made a terrible decision or else they are seeing a virtual lottery win in a lawsuit from a very successful Nascar driver......

Maybe both.....

I agree..... Tony should be found to have no fault in this situation.... the kid was young and ****y...... wanted to make a name for himself ... was gonna' confront a Nascar star and it didn't work out... as someone has mentioned... there's a waiver that has to be signed.... everyone signed it..... Skoal was right in his post about ''taking the bull by the horns''....... It's a shame the kid had to learn the hard way... it cost him his life for being ****y.... His parents either can't come to grips with the fact that their kid made a terrible decision or else they are seeing a virtual lottery win in a lawsuit from a very successful Nascar driver......

Maybe both.....
Pure tragedy when a young person loses their life because of a poor decision.
It appears that this incident has ruined the lives of everyone left behind.
I hope the parents can learn something, find some closure and move on.
I hope this incident deters other people and youngsters from choosing to be under the influence of a mind altering drug while performing dangerous activities.
I hope the outcome of this lawsuit provides some comfort for Tony Stewart.

Pure tragedy when a young person loses their life because of a poor decision.
It appears that this incident has ruined the lives of everyone left behind.
I hope the parents can learn something, find some closure and move on.
I hope this incident deters other people and youngsters from choosing to be under the influence of a mind altering drug while performing dangerous activities.
I hope the outcome of this lawsuit provides some comfort for Tony Stewart.
I agree with every sentence you posted.

Talk about a stretch.

Also a crazy theory.

Not sure you can fault Stewart enough for any shared blame, in fact I think he is innocent. IMO.

It sad that that Ward lost his life he paid a horrendous price. But it was a self inflicted result.
I could respect the parents for being heartbroken, and being unable to come to grips with it all. I dont know how anyone makes any sense out of a Son's death.

But this lawsuit seems scorched earth to me, a vendetta that is about spite and vengeance.
And they dont mind reliving the foolish choice their son made with the biggest spectacle they can arrange for the sick celebration.

How could Tony ever the same, you dont forget a nightmare like that one, even when innocent.

Am I the only person aware of Tony's long...and I mean really long history of aggressive behavior? :idunno:
I see denial throughout this thread.

Kevin exited his race car & grabbed the wing of Tony's car. Suicide by insane stupidity.

Life is hard, its harder if youre stupid. Be stupid enough & you lose your life.

Am I the only person aware of Tony's long...and I mean really long history of aggressive behavior? :idunno:
I see denial throughout this thread.
Yes, I think Tony is a passionate, aggressive competitor. I don't believe Tony would ever make a conscious decision that could result in the death of another human being.
I'm going to guess Tony hasn't so much as swatted a fly since the death of Ward.

Back
Top Bottom