Too many road courses.

M

MoMike

2008 had 4 or 5 road courses on the schedule.
2009 had 6 or 7.
Now in 2010, half the schedule, or more is road courses.
I find the IRL on road courses to be some of the most boring racing out there. (Outside of autoclub speedway in February)
MoMike

2009 had 6 or 7.
I find the IRL on road courses to be some of the most boring racing out there. (Outside of autoclub speedway in February)
MoMike

I'm mostly with you that one. More ovals please.

This has been hashed over and over. I dont like it either. There were 8 road/street courses last year, 9 this year. I much prefer ovals.

I dont see what the problem is? Its better than the same old same old of just racing on mile and a halfs and shorts tracks that you cant even get past Milka Duno. I think the schuedual is nearly perfect, one more oval to even it out be great. Only major problem I see is the way all the road courses are all right in a row and all the ovals are all right in a row. Besides once they get to the ovals prepare for a Penske Ganassi top 5 sweep every race.

Besides once they get to the ovals prepare for a Penske Ganassi top 5 sweep every race.

What do you mean, Prepare for? Penske has already won everything so far this year, and we've yet to see 1 oval.
Open wheelers don't belong on road courses. Most of the time, someone has to get bumped, to pass, and we know bumping doesn't bode well for IRL cars.
MoMike

What do you mean, Prepare for? Penske has already won everything so far this year, and we've yet to see 1 oval.
Open wheelers don't belong on road courses. Most of the time, someone has to get bumped, to pass, and we know bumping doesn't bode well for IRL cars.
MoMike

I think what alot of people are forgetting is the few fans the Indycar Series still has left a majority of them where CART fans. Which ran nearly every race on road courses.

I think alot of nascar based fans tune in to watch indy, because we can all relate to tracks like TMS, Indy and Richmond.
For me, being familiar with the racing surface means more than being familiar with the driver, or vehicle.
I'd rather watch open wheelers at Richmond than cup at VIR.(If cup ran there).
Road courses are for motorcycles, they can pass just about anywheres. Cars, not so much.
MoMike

This is how the CART schedule used to be back in the 80's & 90's. Two thirds of the schedule was road & street courses & one third was ovals. It was great, everyone was happy & then there was Tony George & the 1995 Indianapolis 500 issue of Team Penske failing to make the field which directly led to the forming of the IRL. Now me personaly I always criticized NASCAR for not having enough road races, I think the current IRL schedule the way it is now is good, they may need to intermingle the ovals & road courses a little more but the combo is good. I'm old school & loved the CART PPG Cup series with the Marlboro Million, 500 mile triple crown & so forth but I understand that they're trying to put a product on the track that will attract the most fans & for now this is it...

This is how the CART schedule used to be back in the 80's & 90's. Two thirds of the schedule was road & street courses & one third was ovals. It was great, everyone was happy & then there was Tony George & the 1995 Indianapolis 500 issue of Team Penske failing to make the field which directly led to the forming of the IRL. Now me personaly I always criticized NASCAR for not having enough road races, I think the current IRL schedule the way it is now is good, they may need to intermingle the ovals & road courses a little more but the combo is good. I'm old school & loved the CART PPG Cup series with the Marlboro Million, 500 mile triple crown & so forth but I understand that they're trying to put a product on the track that will attract the most fans & for now this is it...

NASCAR=not enough Indy=too many

MoMike

Really? Yea I see F1 driving a lot of ovals. not.

I think alot of nascar based fans tune in to watch indy, because we can all relate to tracks like TMS, Indy and Richmond.
For me, being familiar with the racing surface means more than being familiar with the driver, or vehicle.
I'd rather watch open wheelers at Richmond than cup at VIR.(If cup ran there).

I watch the IRL for the road courses, nascar has way too many ovals. What's the no.1 thing I hear on this board that nascar lacks is not enough road courses.

Road courses are for motorcycles, they can pass just about anywheres. Cars, not so much.
MoMike

I would bet you have never driven a road course in a car.

"Really? Yea I see F1 driving a lot of ovals. not."

"I watch the IRL for the road courses, nascar has way too many ovals. What's the no.1 thing I hear on this board that nascar lacks is not enough road courses."

"I would bet you have never driven a road course in a car."

It's an open wheel forum, please don't drag nascar into it.
As for what I may or may not have not driven on, what do you have to wager?

MoMike

Ya guessed wrong:D:D:D
Because you're having trouble comprehending your own quote, i'll clarify it for you. I'm referring to the fans. Not the cars, or the sport..:rolleyes:
MoMike

Ya guessed wrong:D:D:D
Because you're having trouble comprehending your own quote, i'll clarify it for you. I'm referring to the fans. Not the cars, or the sport..:rolleyes:
MoMike

It was your quote not mine. You explaining your quote to me or yourself. What's the no.1 watched race in the US? It used to be the Indy 500. But in resent years it's been a race in Daytona and it's not Indy cars running there. I myself like watching Indy cars race better than that other series because they do run more road courses and their races aren't as long and boring. I'd watch F1 but I don't like having to get up a the crack of dawn to see their races. :cool:

You are the one that quoted it, and added your comment to it. That makes it your quote.:einstein:
MoMike

You are starting to sound like a liberal. I said it, but I really didn't say it, you did. :sarcasm:
Ok Hank, one more time.
I posted it. That makes it MY POST!!!
You're the one who "quoted" what I said.
That makes it your quote.
You mexicans can be so damn dense sometimes.......
I'm starting to think the border fence should start in Oklahoma.

Ok Hank, one more time.
I posted it. That makes it MY POST!!!
You're the one who "quoted" what I said.
That makes it your quote.
You mexicans can be so damn dense sometimes.......
I'm starting to think the border fence should start in Oklahoma.

No it still makes it your quote/post, Rudy. I don't eat beans I'm a potato eater.:beerbang:

2009 had 6 or 7.
MoMike

Gotta disagree with you mike. Ovals are boring in my book, for any type of racing.

Back
Top Bottom