top drivers that give to charity???

S

smack500

I know this came up before did anyone find any oficial list of the top 5 or 10 drivers that give the most to charity??

Last I herd it was

Kyle Petty
Jeff Gordon
Kenny schrader

Jarret visits a local radio station here in Charlotte ever now and then in the mornings for the Ace & TJ show....every time he's there he's talking about the Susan G. Coleman Breast Cancer Society.......so it sounds like he does a ton.

i know the Earnhardt family does as well. they dont let people know who the money is comming from though.

I would say Elliot Sadler this year,He is giving all his money to the Woods Foundation.:p

kyle petty gives more then anyone I know that but I didnt know the other top 5 jeff has the jeff gordon foundation he donates millions to diffrent charities plus he donates to that bone marrow place and kenny shrader always putting together charity events

Does Jeff still donate to the Make a Winston Cup Girl Rich Fund?:D

He'll be giving to that fund for the rest of his life.:takethat:

Add Tony Stewart to that list. Just added $50,000 in charity, thanks to his sponsor Home Depot deciding his behavior has been a little bit less than satisfactory. Keep it up Stewart, those kid's need their education.

Hehe.

DEI gives tons........but they never tell how much and seldom tell to whom. Dale Sr wanted it that way and I've heard the family to following that tradition.

kyle petty just built that center for kids to be able to drive cars it cost more then a million dollars to build it

So many of the drivers give of their time and money to benefit worthy causes the list likely includes virtually every driver. I have never seen a ranking of donations, most of the drivers are circumspect about the amounts they contribute as is appropriate for such activities.

The following is a small and brief list of some of the drivers and some of the charities they support. If you watch the board you willfind frequent posts as events and donations occur which would help complete the picture. Most of this is from memory so if I left out your favorite driver or charity it is not intentional.

Jeff Gordon, for instance, founded The Jeff Gordon Foundation in December of 1999. The J.G. Foundation supports many charities. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, The Make-A-Wish Foundation (an organization that grants wishes to the terminally ill), The Marrow Foundation and The Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis, IN.

Dale Jarrett is heavily involved with The Dale Jarrett Foundation, founded by Dale and Kelley Jarrett in February of 2002, is primarily assisting charities in the Catawba Valley regions in western North Carolina as well as other North Carolina and National charities.
The Dale Jarrett Foundation provides contributions and grants for the religious, physical, social and educational needs of children and families trying to cope in today's society. Dale is also a supporter of breast cancer awareness, through the help of Ford Credit and the Komen Foundation.

Jeff Burton supports the Muscular Distrophy Association and Duke's Childrens Hospital as well as other various charities. Roush racing was supporting so many charities they were forced to implement a new policy that concentrates on charities and organizations in North Carolina and Michigan, the sites of Roush's corporate headquarters.

Kevin Harvick supports and urges his fans to do the same with St. Judes Childrens Hospital, an organization that helps terminally ill and cancer ridden patients receive the care they need without being turned down for any reason especially inability to pay to receive medical treatment. Harvick also supports The Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Kyle Petty...what an amazing couple Kyle and his wife Pattie are. Kyle just concluded a trip across country on motorcyles for the 8th annual "Ride Across Country Charity." An auction will also be held and all proceeds will benefit The Victory Junction Gang Camp, a special place for kids with special health care needs. It was founded by Kyle and Pattie, in honor of their son, Adam.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. gives to so many different charities that they number 1 to 43 . Each week as the race ends, where Dale Jr. finishes in the race, that position decides what charity gets the money that week. It also depends on where he finishes as to how much they receive.

Rusty Wallace…Among other activities has an annual “Splash for Kids” event to support Children’s Heartlink. Children’s HeartLink, founded in Minneapolis in 1969, is an international medical charity dedicated to the treatment and prevention of heart disease in needy children. Children’s HeartLink works in partnership with hospitals in developing countries to provide surgery, education and training for medical professionals, technical assistance, rheumatic fever prevention programs and donated equipment and supplies.

Ward Burton …Has the Wildlife Foundation which as as large part of its goals helping the youth of America through understanding and exploration of our great outdoors.

Ricky Craven… Sponsors an annual Snowmobile Ride for Charity.

Jimmy Spencer…..Sponsors a celebrity golf tournament to benefit various charities.

Morgan Shepherd Charitable Fund makes a very special trip to the Virginia mountains to share the true meaning of Christmas with the less fortunate. This Christmas Charity Trip has become a holiday tradition for Morgan Shepherd, his family, and friends. Joining Morgan Shepherd on his Christmas Charity Trip in recent years have been NASCAR friends Ned Jarrett, Dale Jarrett, Ricky Rudd, Kyle Petty, Ken Schrader, Jeff Green, Dennis Setzer, Mark Garrow and Rick Houston,

Mark Martin…Each year contributes money to the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization from his on track winnings and has special funds set aside from each race to donate to the organization.

Just to add HS

Bill Elliott- Gives a large amount to several charities focusing on The Make A wish Foundation, The MD anderson Cancer Center, And the Special Olympics. Also was Awarded The March Of Dimes award for his charity Work.

Just goes to show...I would be that every single one of the WC drivers on the track are involved in charity in some way. Its good for the Sponsors, the fans, and of course the charities.

I agree with you Bill, I don't think there is a driver out there who doesn't donate money to charities.

i can not let this list go with out adding Geoff Bodine to the list

about 10 years ago there was a young girl at my church about 2 or 3 years older than me that was diganosed with a brain tumor....there was nothing they could do about it. the young girl suffered for 2 years and was a huge Nascar fan. The Make Wish Foundation arranged her to meet with G. Bodine...they met and became friends, Bodine kept in contact with the girl until she passed away. she was not a Bodine fan until she met him....on her hosiptal wall she had tons of Bodine stuff and always supported him after that.

about 7 or 8 years later, i ended up working for Geoff Bodine at Mattie Motorsports, i was just out of High School and i was trying to get my feet in the door to Nascar...so i swept floors...well id also have to clean his office (what fun)...and all over his office was stuff about Make A Wish. it seems like once or twice a week he would be off somewhere doing something for a charity.

Back
Top Bottom