top ten favorite & least favorite drivers

Originally posted by pettyfan4life
What do you not like about Kyle

I was going to ask that when i first saw that but i held back.

I aske dthat question to someone a while ago in a small chat room and a huge fight broke out. Started out with just us 2 in the room then just about every person that is a regualr in the room showed up and took sides(about 20 people all together)
But the one thing that set me off he said,when it was just us 2
"The wrong Petty Died in that crash"
I will never forget that or forgive him for saying that.

So i learned not to ask why people don't liek Kyle.
To tell you the truth that guy never really had a good reason either.

Kyle Petty has never been one of my favorites since I got to meet him in person, but I respect him on the track and would never wish for him to die.

Unfortunately, I must have met Kyle on one of his off days. I stood 2.5 hours in a line for his autograph, and when I got up to him, he never even looked up while signing. I said, have a good weekend at Pocono, and he said yes ma'am. Being a man and not a ma'am, I was rather insulted. People there stopped and looked at him as he said it. But he blew a motor that weekend, so I was happy.

Favorites...

1.Jeff Gordon
2.Richard Petty(I know he isn't current, but someone else included him)
3.Kyle Petty
4.Jimmie Johnson
5.Mark Martin
6.Todd Bodine
7.Jeff Burton
8.Bobby Labonte
9.Steve Park
10.Tony Stewart

Least Favorites...

1.Tony Stewart
2.Rusty Wallace
3.Robby Gordon
4.Jimmy Spencer
5.Kurt Busch

I really don't dislike too many driver's, but those guys I do.

Originally posted by pettyfan4life
I looked at him like he was stupid Oh well Thats his fault cause I really respected him befor that

So did I...Terry is my second favourite and this has been really bothering me. I love Terry :(

Well I hop Kyle can break the barrier this year a win one or two for me

I don't think anyone would mind Kyle winnign a race even if they did not like him. I would bet $100 that If kyle won another race there would be a huge party back in Level cross and there would be alot of sobbing people everywhere.
Kyles next win could very well be his last and I would bet another $100 that that win would be more popular than johnny Benson's win.

4x, you have Tony in your like column and in your dislike.

Might want to make up yer mind. :eek:

nope sure don't . There ain't one of them that will ever be what Dale was to NASCAR. oh i stll watch every Sunday and still go to 6 races a year. Bristol, Richmond, & Daga just really can't find a driver to pull for. Dale won the first race i ever went to Bristol 1979. Pulled for him from them on.
I hope you never losing your fav. driver but if you do you might understand.

I don't have a favorite driver. This isn't wrasslin.

Dale was just another driver, everything else you "think" he was were just your perceptions...or clever marketing on his behalf.

The sport itself is greater than any individual driver, if the only enjoyment you got out of it was "rooting" for one single car and not seeing the big picture...I feel sorry for all the years you wasted missing what was going on in front of you.

What ever! by the way what the f*** do you care who i like and don't like, i thought this thread ask who you like and dislike.

it is a disscussion board, but did you see anywhere in my post where i wanted to talk about my choices. you can bet i am not the only person who had, has 1 driver they pull for. If you liked them all what would be the point ?

Don't get me wrong here i love watchin NASCAR, CTS, Bush & Cup just don't care who wins, don't matter anymore.

This is also a discussion board. You can have a favorite driver, nobody should be insulting you for that. But people can ask why you might like that driver, or why you might make a paticular statement about that driver. Don't take it personally. If you like Dale Earnhardt, fine. If you think he was an important part of the sport, argue why you think that's true.

And by the way, I did have a favorite driver pass away. His name was Davey Allison. Gone way before his time, i think he would have definitely been an important competitors in today's fields.

Why would you post on a discussion board if you don't want to discuss?

So, we aren't allowed to talk to you or respond to your posts unless you state in your posts that you are willing to discuss them?

I'm amazed.

de7xwcc, you didn't ask to talk about your choices, but that doesn't mean you can't. If talking about your choices makes you uncomfortable, than IGNORE the people's posts that question you. Not that hard to do.

rpm, Davey was a good man hate he's gone. some things are just better left unsaid. and yes i guess Paul you just hit a nerve you can discuss anything you like with me. Hell you got more post in 1 hour from me than i have sumitted it a month.

Well that's good. I served my purpose.

Just be careful with the F-bomb...;) And I hope you can learn to find the sport Dale helped create.

de7xwcc,

If you wanted me to talk about why I liked Davey Allison and why you disliked him, I wouldn't be offended. As long as neither of us were trying to change the way the other thinks. But you might learn things or I might learn things I never knew about him before in an arguement. Now, I know you like Davey, but the same can apply to Dale Earnhardt.

Maybe you should post more often, I think we could have some good discussions.

I have mixed feelings on Dale Earnhardt, so maybe I could serve as a good mediator b/w you and Paul. God knows Paul and I have had some pretty heated Waltrip "discussions". If you say something without supporting it, Paul will hit you for it. And if Paul says something you disagree with, tell him why you disagree and support what you think.

There's nothing wrong with picking another driver to pull for. I, too. was a huge Earnhardt fan But he's gone and the sport lives on. Yes, he was a huge part of it for awhile. And will always be remembered. Alot of his fans started pulling for Junior or Harvick some like myself went in another direction.

1. Awesome Bill From Dawsonville
2. Casey Atwood
3. Ryan Newman
4. Rusty Wallace
5. Dave Blaney
6. Darrell Waltrip
7. Robert Pressley
8. Dave Marcis
9. Johnny Benson
10. Ricky Craven

Dislikes....

Dale JR.
Robby Gordon
Jerry Nadue
Tony Stewart
Shawna Robinson
Todd Bodine
and several others...

My Favorites: (Some not active Driver)

1.Davey Allison
2.Bobby Alliison
3.Jeff Gordon
4.Darrell Waltrip
5 Michael Waltrip
6.Dale earnhardt
7.Jimmie Johnson
8.Mark Martin
9. Bill Elliott
10.Ward Burton

I really only have 2 driver that I really dislike
1.Robby Gordon
2. Kurt Bush (But I am trying)

I guess favorites would have to be the ones I have consistantly rooted for since I like em all.

1.Davey Allison
2.Dale Jarrett
3.Jimmie Johnson
4.Kenny Schrader
5 Mark Martin
6.Johnny Benson
7.Dave Marcis
8.Jamie MacMurray
9. Ron Hornaday
10.Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Least favorite, I respect their efforts and skill but there is something that just gets under my skin...

1.Jack Sprague
2.Shane Hmiel
3.Tony Stewart
4.Kurt Busch
5 Kevin Harvick
6.Derrick Cope
7.Mike Bliss
8.Jeremy Mayfield
9.Chad Chaffin
10.Robby Gordon....he is working his way toward middle ground tho.

Fav's
all-time
1. Dale Earnhardt
current
1. Steve Park
2. Jeff Green
3. Ryan Newman
4. Dale Jarrett
5. Elliott Sadler
6. Robby Gordon( Will move way up if Steve and Jeff are both fired, because a RCR/DEI driver will always be one of my faves)
7. Terry Labonte
8. Todd Bodine
9. Ricky Rudd
10. Jimmy Spencer

least fav's
1. Kevin Harvick
2. Jack Sprague
3. Jeff Gordon
4. Jimmie Johnson
5. Jeremy Mayfield
6. Mike Wallacxe
7. Rusty Wallace
8. Larry Foyt
9. Derrike Cope
10. Christian Fittipaldi

drivers i like

Tony Stewart
Matt Kenseth
Kurt Busch
Mark Martin
Ryan Newman
Bobby Labonte
Jeff Gordon
Jimmie Johnson
Elliot Sadler
Dale Jarret

lest favs

Dale jr
michel Waltrip
robby gordon
steve park
kevin harvick
Jeremy Mayfield
Mike Wallacxe
Rusty Wallace
Larry Foyt
Derrike Cope
Christian Fittipaldi

Favorites ( In order )
1. Ward Burton
2. Jeff Burton
3. Terry Labonte
4. Ricky Craven
5. Ryan Newman
6. Jeff Gordon
7. Bobby Labonte
8. Kenny Wallace
9. Michael Waltrip
10. Dave Blaney

Non-Favorites
1. Brett Bodine
2. Todd Bodine
3. Geoff Bodine

4. Robby Gordon
5. Jeff Green
6. Larry Foyt
7. Derrike Cope
8. Jeremy Mayfield
9. Mike Skinner
10. Jack Sprague

Obviously my favorite is Robby Gordon.

After that I like every driver EXCEPT Kevin Harvick, Jeff Gordon, and Junior.

Heres Happy's Favorites and least favorites and I actually give reinforcing reasons as to why I like em or dislike em.

1. Kevin Harvick - Not afraid to speak his mind, aggressive driver and is in the Top 10 standings. Is the future of NASCAR

2. Dale Earnhardt Jr. - Really matured since his father's death. I feel he's one of the top contenders for the championship and no doubt either be this year or the next few, he will win a championship

3. Ryan Newman - Can drive without power steering, can drive without fuel, tires, he's basically Superman

4. Jimmie Johnson - I wouldnt mind him winning the championship, besides Harvick, probably had the most successful rookie year in recent NASCAR history

5. Tony Stewart - Not afraid to speak his mind, also an aggressive driver. Recent NASCAR champion, I feel he's goin to win a lot more and I think some people hate him just because he's so successful.

6. Jeff Gordon - Well, you wouldnt expect it from me, but if Jr. cant do it this year, then Gordon can. Cant go wrong with a 4-time champion and most marketable NASCAR driver. Anybody besides Kenseth !

7 on down includes: Kurt Busch, Ricky Craven, Rusty Wallace and Bill Elliott

Most hated

1. Matt Kenseth - Too quiet ................. .................................... ........ enough said :mellow:

2. Jeff Green - For obvious reasons that I wont go into here. :(

3. Greg Biffle - Got lucky at Daytona. <_<

4. Benny Parsons - Takes up half of the broadcasting booth, making Wally Dallenbach and Allen Bestwick run out of air :wacko:

5. Dave Marcis

Favorite
1. Jeff Gordon
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Kevin Harvick
4. Ken Schrader
5. Jimmy Spencer
6. Terry Labonte
7. Jeff Burton
8. Dave Blaney
9. Ricky Craven
10.Brian Vickers

Least Favorite
1. Sterling Marlin
2. Robby Gordon
3. Rusty Wallace
4. Kurt Bush
5. Jeff Green
6. Jeremy Mayfield
7. Mike Skinner
8. Greg Biffle
9. Ricky Rudd
10.Jack Sprague

:cheers:

Favorites:
1. Dale Jr
2. Elliott Sadler
3. Kevin Harvick
4. Matt Kenseth
5. Jeff Burton
6. Michael Waltrip

Least Favorites:
1. Jeff Green
2. Ricky Rudd

Favs:

1. Ryan Newman & Jeff Gordon
2. Sterling Marlin
3. Brendan Gaughan
4. Jamie McMurray
5. Ken Schrader
6. Kurt Busch
7. Kevin Harvick
8. Dave Blaney
9. Ward Burton
10. Anyone who puts the #20 in the wall!

Don't Like:

1. Toni Stewart
2. Steve Park
3. Jimmie Johnson
4. Ellioit Sadler
5. Rusty Wallace
6. Jeff Green
7. Jack Sprague
8. Mike Skinner
9. Kyle Petty
10. Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Top 10 favorites:

1. Sterling Marlin
2. Matt Kenseth
3. Ryan Newman
From 4 on down, no particular order.
4. Jamie McMurray
5. Ward Burton
6. Mark Martin
7. Michael Waltrip
8. Kurt Busch
9. Kevin Harvick
10. Brendan Gaughan

10 least favorites:
(Don't know if I can come up with 10, but I will try :) )

1. Jeff Gordon
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Tony Stewart
4. Kenny Wallace
5. Greg Biffle
6. Jeff Green

My favorite drivers would have to be: Jeff Gordon, Ernie Irvan, Jimmie Johnson, Casey Atwood and Todd Bodine. I don't really have any drivers that I don't like.

Back
Top Bottom