Touring Dirt Modified Series

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
Does anyone know of a touring Dirt Modified Series that I can follow on-line and hopefully go see in person from time to time?

The best dirt modified racing series around without a doubt is the Super DIRTcar series big block modifieds.
Mostly out of New York, New Jersey, and Quebec. They do race in Charlotte and Volusia. Excellent competitive series with great fields and powerful cars

I grew up in the midwest, so to me modifieds always meant IMCA-style with the partially 'stock' frames and relatively small tires. Love those cars because of the comparative lack of downforce and grip compared to late models. Got to watch a lot of USMTS shows in the early 00s. They put on some phenomenal main events that are a big jump above what you might be used to at your average dirt track.

I've never had the privilege of seeing the northeast big block modifieds in person, but it's obvious just from watching televised races that they are very cool.

SpeedPagan: not sure where you live, but i'll second the mention of USMTS for a touring series here in the Midwest.

check out youtube for a TV series from a couple of seasons ago called "Dirt Knights".

also as mentioned, most of the local dirt tracks have modifieds sanctioned by imca, ump, usra, etc.. with rules close enough among them that there is a lot of crossover.

usually great racing with very talented drivers at the top.

Out here on the west coast we have the All Star Modified Tour which you can find at racepmg.com and we have a new series for sport mods that was created by a few drivers that has roughly 58 members that show up to each scheduled race. On Facebook you can find it at West Coast Sport Mod Tour.

I think the sport mods are heading to NV at some point this season as well as maybe Oregon. Most of the other tacks are all California based.

Back
Top Bottom