Toyota teams sandbagging?

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by lolla79, Aug 13, 2017 at 1:28 AM.

1. lolla79

lolla79 Spectator

2. kyle18fan

kyle18fan OWD

I congratulate them on all the hard work and diligence !!! the other guys need to step up their game

Revman likes this.
  3. joe h

joe h Crew Chief

Saw a guy driving around in a Nissan GT-R today and I thought to myself, nascar got their pockets lined by the wrong Japanese company. Imagine near showroom corvettes, gt500s, demons, and gtrs going at. Anyways, nascar has these cars on tight tolerances and can no longer do anything about advantages, since they technically do not exist anymore, unless the toyotas are actually cheating.

Mopardh9 likes this.
  4. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Everything's Great!

Damned if you do and damned if you don't if you're a Toyota team. If you dominate, you're cheating, if you aren't dominating, you're sandbagging.

I like Brad, but he does tend to have these bouts of mental diarrhea every now and then.

Skoalbandit33, Clutch and kyle18fan like this.
  5. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Team Owner

This is exactly why nascar sucks now, basically spec car that can't be tweaked much if any.

6. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

I wish Brad would stop crying.

ancienthacker, Rick, dirtfan and 2 others like this.
  7. kyle18fan

kyle18fan OWD

Even the pole position didn't slow down the whine :rolleyes: I look forward to someone else winning the race Sunday .... I will watch just to see him lose

Rick, BobbyFord and ToyYoda like this.
  8. Simple Fan

Simple Fan First or Last

Thats a good problem to have though.

ToyYoda likes this.
  9. Revman

Revman I am not surprised by anything.

Is domination 3rd in the Manufacturers Standings?

I really don't know what the hell Brad is looking for, and that's why I think he is just playing head games. The bodies are approved by all manufacturers--and can't be changed. You get as much horsepower out of the motor as the spec will allow. How many years has it been since somebody got some spoiler, etc.? If NASCAR truly wanted to catch somebody doing something, you would wind tunnel the things after Indy--an aero race everybody wants.

I think that some might be butthurt that Toyota won the Manufacturers Championship last year with 5 cars, and has pulled to within 12 pts. with 4 cars and 2 rookies. Hell of a great job IMO.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 7:53 AM
    Rick and ToyYoda like this.
  10. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

I've never understood how a team would benefit from sandbagging, which I understand to be deliberately running slower than the car is capable of during P&Q. The other teams are going to try to maximize their performance regardless of what they think you're capable of. What's the advantage?

11. Taco

Taco Crew Chief

Brad sure does know how to fish, and always catches a lot.

Revman, rocket dawg and Wrangler1 like this.
  12. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

I agree. Like him or think he's horse poop but he's a grade "A" troll-master that shakes things up for sure.

2 Sweet, jaqua19 and Revman like this.
  13. Skoalbandit33

Skoalbandit33 Team Owner

Rick and ToyYoda like this.
  14. DIDIT

DIDIT Old School Fan

Perhaps second in line behind Happy Harvick?

Revman and Skoalbandit33 like this.
  15. Johali

I think 50-50. They're both vying for the title.

16. Fordracing7

Fordracing7 Team Owner

So two cars have been able to pass any car at any time whenever they want for weeks dominating races. They all of sudden don't show up with as much speed at a track that speed is king. Coincidently at the track that nascar typically dynos and tests the cars after the race. Somebody states that it seems fishy and the ones being accused get really defensive everybody loses their mind. Think about it....

17. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

He should keep his mouth shut.. but he's Brad... What if he's right though? Lol

Snappy D likes this.
  18. Taco

Taco Crew Chief

From your statement, I am assuming you have driver's rated on IQ, So who is the "sharpest knife" in the group?

StandOnIt and Johali like this.
  19. Johali

:D:D:D

20. Snappy D

Snappy D Team Owner

Brad Keselowski thinks they are sandbagging this weekend. A part of me wants to call him an idiot ( or moron like Kyle Busch called him) then another part is curious as to why he would think that and want to know more about it.

LewTheShoe and Snowman like this.
  21. Taco

Taco Crew Chief

Reverse psychology is a technique involving the advocacy of a belief or behavior that is opposite to the one desired, with the expectation that this approach will encourage the subject of the persuasion to do what actually is desired: the opposite of what is suggested.

22. ToyYoda

Brad can surrender his pole position to Kyle Busch or Truex if it makes him feel better.

Rick, Skoalbandit33 and Simple Fan like this.
  23. Snappy D

Snappy D Team Owner

I'm not gonna lie at the risk of sound like an idiot on the internet, what you just said is a bit over my head.

fordfan likes this.
  24. DIDIT

DIDIT Old School Fan

Hmm, would that be Newman? Anyone else have an engineering degree or any college degree for that matter?

25. rocket dawg

rocket dawg Crew Chief

But what if he's right? I'm not a Brad fan, but these toyoders are dominate, (just the 6 go jibbs cars, not the rest of the toyoders) They have something on the other teams and dont want to give it up, when all 6 of them have been finishing in the top 10 lately .....so "sandbagging?" it's very possible. Anyway congrats to Bubba on Saturdays win.

Fordracing7 likes this.
  26. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Good stuff, see how they run

27. Taco

Taco Crew Chief

IMO, Jibbs car got the advantage given to them by NASCAR, if they are within the rules NASCAR gave them.

StandOnIt likes this.
  28. BobbyFord

Just makes me not wanna watch even more ;)

29. BobbyFord

So...NASCAR is cheating? o_O

30. ToyYoda

Brad could just be mad because the Penske boys haven't been running as good since the cucumber. I don't think NASCAR gave anything to Toyota, but they very well may have taken something from Ford.

31. Looks/sounds to me like Keselowski having his yearly. Nothing more.

Skoalbandit33 likes this.
  32. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Nascar is in charge of balancing the performance, has been from day one.

33. BobbyFord

So if it's balanced then how does a specific team have an advantage?

34. Impact wrenches ;)

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  35. BobbyFord

Pretty sure everyone is using the same Ingersoll impact wrenches.

36. Taco

Taco Crew Chief

Did Steve O'Donnell come home from japan with a extra suit case, when he visited toyota this year? If you can answer that, it would be appreciated.

Revman and StandOnIt like this.
  37. BobbyFord

So was there a Japanese midget engineer in the suitcase?

Skoalbandit33 and ToyYoda like this.
  38. BobbyFord

39. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Crew Chief

How ?? I hear people say that all the time. What exactly happened?