Toyota?

T

TurboDiesel

are they going to come into cup? does anyone hope they do? I do.

Toyota plans on entering the Truck series next year and in the Cup series at the start of the 2007 season.

somebody else for people to whine about winning and looseing lol. I agree the more competition the better

As I heard what the rock was cooking, JUST BRING IT!!!

Lets see what they can do

Originally posted by paul@Feb 10 2003, 11:56 PM
Hey TD.

More the merrier as far as I'm concerned. :)
ONLY if they come with their own engine. If they are a primary excuse for the common engine, then they can rot.

I heard that NASCAR is suppose to make a new manufacture announcment some time very soon. SO My guess is that they will finaly make it offical that Toyota will be in trucks in 2004 and Cuo in either 2006 or 2007.

I think it will be a cool thing to see. We will just have to see If Penske will switch to Toyota when that happens. Penske is the Factory IRL team for Toyota

If they are Toyota's I might consider them, if they are NASCAROTA'S I'm not interested.

Hehe EJL. There hasn't been a stock car in this so called stock car series in years.

Originally posted by paul@Feb 12 2003, 12:18 PM
Hehe EJL. There hasn't been a stock car in this so called stock car series in years.
Your right paul. I still think body and engine should be left up to mfg & builders with one set of rules for all cars.

Originally posted by paul@Feb 12 2003, 12:29 PM
Me too, but there are stock series' out there if you're really interested in that.

WRC
Trans-Am
Come on paul, I hope you are just pulling my leg.
That WRC is foreign cars, even out of the country.
Trans-am is all road courses, also sports cars.
I don't want to run from what I like, just like to tweak it a little.

WRC is all foreign cars? Ford runs in WRC.

So what if Trans-Am is road courses? And they run Mustangs, Vipers and Corvettes.

Do you mean you only care for motorsports that drive on ovals only?

Do you like the IRL?

http://www.nascar.com/2003/news/headlines/...ntry/index.html

Toyota Motorsports has made it official today that they will be entering the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series in 2004. Toyota is planning on having up to 6 Toyota Tundra Trucks at Daytona for next years Speedweeks. And for everyones information the Toyota Tundra is only made in the USA at the Princeton, Ind. plant.

Thats not a bad lookign truck!! Looks very similar to the Fords.
I wonder why its #12? They say they have no affilation with any team yet, at least not announced. The Number should have been #04 for the year 2004

The truck does look nice. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be allowed in the sport.

People seem to get really upset that it's not and American brand. Toyota has actually been moving over many of its factories over to the US to reduce costs of bringing the vehicals overseas and give our American people jobs.

Companies like GM closed plants in the US and moved them to other countries like Mexico to save on labor costs, so I give Toyota a lot of credit for building their plants here.

I say they have earned their right to compete in NASCAR, let them race.

Originally posted by Nascar24rainbow@Feb 12 2003, 11:52 AM
http://www.nascar.com/2003/news/headlines/...ntry/index.html

Toyota Motorsports has made it official today that they will be entering the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series in 2004. Toyota is planning on having up to 6 Toyota Tundra Trucks at Daytona for next years Speedweeks. And for everyones information the Toyota Tundra is only made in the USA at the Princeton, Ind. plant.
Hah I guess that means they will be the only company to put something in the series thats only made in america, kind of ironic I guess.

Back
Top Bottom