Tracks to attend and tracks not to attend

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
While there are plenty of tracks that I've not been to, I have attended races at many of them. The track that I will never go to again is Daytona. Quite simply, you just can't see anything, and they don't call them "stands" for nothing. Imagine if you will, if you've never been there, standing for the entire race. Also, the race I attended ended on a rather sad note. It was DE's last one. I don't imagine that I will ever attend a race at Taladega either for the same reason as Daytona. Watkins Glen and Sears Point would also fit into that category. I would guess my favorites would be North Wilkesboro, Martinsville and Richmond. Those are short tracks with plenty of excitement. Of course, we lost our season tickets to NW when Bruton and Bob...never mind, that's been a long time ago. Also, I know I will love Bristol, when I ever get a chance to go there.

Well hell Ill go to any track I can get cheap tickets to

California is the only track we've been to for NASCAR racing. Pretty nice track but being 2 miles the cars do get rather far away from you to really see the action.....plus we like to get down pretty low (around the 10th row). Thank God for the giant TV's they put in the infield.:) So a 2 miler would probably be about as large a track as I would want to attend for a race. That leaves out Talladega, Daytona and Pocono. Road courses (aside from the fact that I'm not a big fan of them) would not be good for me either......I can't imagine any seats where you could see much more racing than just a few seconds as they went by. I takes about a minute to make a lap so you only get to see your driver once a minute......and only for a few seconds at that. Pocono also has the reputation of being a very poor track for spectators because of it's unique shape.

So, about any track except those five would be fine with me!:D

Its like i said if you give me tickets ill go dont care where it is at

The sight lines at Sears Point are actually pretty good. I would attend a race at any track, as pettyfan4life said.

Searspoint has made some great improvements and really given the spectators a lot more to see.one little hint is not to buy general admission tickets because you'll end up standing behind hospitality tents and literally see nothing.great spot if you're visually impaired.

Originally posted by pettyfan4life
Well hell Ill go to any track I can get cheap tickets to

Cheap! I don't know of a track that has cheap tickets. Well, you can get $19.00 tickets at some Charlotte events, but they won't tell you that you can't see the track. Martinsville tix are still about the cheapest, but they are steadily going up. I believe the going rate now is about $75.00 for the best seats.

My "go to"(or go back to, in some cases)list:

Dover
Martinsville
Richmond
Rockingham
Atlanta
Bristol

Stay away from, you can catch your death of boredom list: (personal experience)

Homestead
Las Vegas

TRL, my experience at Atlanta was interesting, to say the least. We got to see 20 laps of racing and 40 laps of caution. We took a tour bus and they had to come back to Charlotte Sunday night. Since Atlanta had lights, and it rained during most of the day, we ended up listening to the race on the bus on the way home.:mad: Jeffy ended up winning that one. I did like what I saw that day though. I'd be willing to go back any time.

Glad that you got to stay til the end. We have used a Charlotte tour company for a few races and while I love the fact that we don't have to work the traffic and the bus is parked very close to the track, there are draw backs, such as what we went through. On the other hand, when we went to Daytona with the group, everything went off like clockwork and it was great, up until the very end. We stayed in Jacksonville and so it was a nice long ride back to the hotel. Needless to say, it was a very quiet ride and it wasn't until we were almost to Jacksonville were they able to confirm the death of Earnhardt.

Go Daga and Bristol.
No go Watkins Glen and Sears Point.( may be good tracks I just don't like road course )

Have already bought tickets to Daga for April. Can't waite.

I am gonna get the tickets for both Bristol races and I may go to the Winston and the Coke-a-Cola 600

Originally posted by buckaroo
Cheap!  I don't know of a track that has cheap tickets.  Well, you can get $19.00 tickets at some Charlotte events, but they won't tell you that you can't see the track.  Martinsville tix are still about the cheapest, but they are steadily going up.  I believe the going rate now is about $75.00 for the best seats.
Martinsville tickets ran from $40 (for front section on the backstretch) to $45 (for front section on the frontstretch, Where I sit and go up with each section. The higher you sit, the more you pay. I too believe it tops out around $70-75. I love the smell, sound and feel of third row seats too much to worry about not seeing the other side of the track real well. The best deal in racing as far as I'm concerned.

Dover is a gerat track to go to. You can see the whole track from any where at the track.
I have also been to Pocono. Depending on where you are sitting in the stands you might be able to see the whole track. The higher the better. You can also go for the infield at Pocono and park near the tunnel turn. That is where most of the action on the track is at.

I don't know all the pricing at California (and at this time they are only showing the season packages on their site so I can't look it up:( ). The last three years that we went we sat right around row 10 just out of turn 4 (actually, directly across from the very last pit stall on pit road). Our tickets were 50 bucks apiece. Same section, rows 1 thru 3 were 35 bucks. I know the rows above us were 75 bucks but I don't how high that went to........but the top levels in that area were 90 bucks. The closer you get to the start/finish line the pricier the tickets got........I seem to remember seeing seats in the center sections, up high in the 300 buck range!!:(

No backstretch seats so order early!!!:D

i like michigan, can make for some great racing, you can get good seats for $80 or $95, if your gonna go try to get seats that are in the center grandstand row 15 or higher, you cant see squat below that.

Bristol, Baby, Bristol!!!!!! Nothing like it, especially under the lights..........
If they weren't wearing helmets with face sheilds, you could see the look in their eyes from where I sit......

Back
Top Bottom