Triple A Fall Nationals

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
Lets just say tonight's episode is worth watching. Especially the wow factor piece.

Also, first race we've ever been to where there were no major oil-downs by nitro cars! But a S/G car and an alchohol car both made a mess of the track...S/G car blew up making the turn today, alky blew up sat night mid-track.

Last edited:
I watched it live on Espn 3. Great save by the TAD driver. He said he didn't do anything lol.

I'm oddly getting more and more into drag racing after going to my local dragway for the third time.

If all goes to plan, our new car will be Top Dragster. I was down with JR Baxter and Larry Eidson sat night for their pairing, recorded from the starting line. Pays off to be friends with the big wigs.

If all goes to plan, our new car will be Top Dragster. I was down with JR Baxter and Larry Eidson sat night for their pairing, recorded from the starting line. Pays off to be friends with the big wigs.

Sweet man!

Not sure if you can answer this, but what's the main thing a driver has to do to be a good drag racer? It's the one thing that I've always been curious about as a casual fan.

Sweet man!

Not sure if you can answer this, but what's the main thing a driver has to do to be a good drag racer? It's the one thing that I've always been curious about as a casual fan.

It's not any one thing. It's about three dozen things, but so far, only about 1-1/2 dozen of them have been discovered. Among those are eye sensitivity, concentration, and reflexes. Also, a working car setup helps.

Sweet man!

a little hard to see, but here's some onboards from earlier this year, when dad was having to drive the car through real bad tire shake.

edit- these are actually the easy to see ones. LOL!

Sweet man!

Here's the hard to see ones.

Last edited:
Magnethead, did you get a chance to talk to Dave Lahey about the Lahey device?

Magnethead, did you get a chance to talk to Dave Lahey about the Lahey device?

I did not, but I was able to see the CO2 cylinder up on the roof.

What is the air burst about 10 seconds before start? Testing the pneumatic timers?

1235286_10152209968699606_1169024741_n.jpg

Yes, and setting the cannon for the clutch. There are also one of those air cylinders for the fuel shut off.

Love the videos man. Probably nerve racking when the car shifts to one side suddenly.

Like I've said, I've gone to my local dragway at Lebannon Valley. Actually going this Friday for the last time this year. My Dad is a mechanic and he built about a 10 second 70 Chevelle for his friend..

Love the videos man. Probably nerve racking when the car shifts to one side suddenly.

Like I've said, I've gone to my local dragway at Lebannon Valley. Actually going this Friday for the last time this year. My Dad is a mechanic and he built about a 10 second 70 Chevelle for his friend..
bad enough as the driver, worse as the crew chief trying to figure out how to fix it.

The first one was that we were overpowering the track, and had to take some power out of it. The second ones, we had too many runs on the tires (they go over the hump at 115 or so and we were at 120 when we started the event) so we had to take a ton of power out of it and hold numbers to make a top end package that would work.

Magnethead, here is a video of us warming up the car and we have the lid off of the box that all the pneumatic timers are in. I'm in the blue shirt standing right in front of the box. The little black box mounted on the right inside of the big box is the control box for the clutch timers. The Lahey box and the slide valve for the fuel system is also mounted in that box.

Magnethead, here is a video of us warming up the car and we have the lid off of the box that all the pneumatic timers are in. I'm in the blue shirt standing right in front of the box. The little black box mounted on the right inside of the big box is the control box for the clutch timers. The Lahey box and the slide valve for the fuel system is also mounted in that box.

cool video. See you in Pomona.

Here is a video from brainerd when we beat Cruzer in the first round and then went on to win the race.

I also added a video from the winners circle.

Last edited:
Here is a video of the final round of Brainerd when we won.

And here is a video of our new car.

Back
Top Bottom