Truck RACE thread --- Milwaukee

Feel guilty, have tickets to this race. Decided to stay home in airconditioned comfort.

Why does Michael Waltrip seem to perform verbal fellatio on Daniel Dye every race?

A strong first stage for Ty Dillon, winning it. His first-ever stage win in the truck series.

Lets see how Shear's changes worked for Majewski, supposedly they should be better on the longer runs. Unfortunately, per Shear, it will hurt the beginning of the run.

I have actually raced this track way back when and have watched almost every contest here since the early sixties. I have never seen them use this much of the track. They are running competitive using FOUR DIFFERENT grooves!

Had this on in the background while getting some work done, couldn't get super into it but glad to see Riggs win one.

Layne Riggs wins his first Truck race.
1724624283205.png

The Milwaukee Mile is 1.015 miles around the inside of the track, these guys were running almost to the wall. That made it closer to a mile and a quarter. Too bad this is probably the last NASCAR race at the track. The Indy faction is taking it over.

This victory for Layne Riggs has to rank as one of the biggest feel good wins of the season. Otherwise, it was a usual suspects race. All 10 playoff drivers finished in the top 18.

The Milwaukee Mile is 1.015 miles around the inside of the track, these guys were running almost to the wall. That made it closer to a mile and a quarter. Too bad this is probably the last NASCAR race at the track. The Indy faction is taking it over.

Who cares? Absolutely no one showed up for this race, place was empty as hell. Sad too because the racing was fantastic

Congrats to Layne Riggs. His father is an icon, he held his own during the peak of NASCAR.

It’s the Truck Series.
That fact didn't stop the Truck Series' ownership from booking a race with another series they own at Milwaukee only to sell 15 tickets. Hopefully NASCAR learns something from this about how to promote standalone events outside the Cup series.

That fact didn't stop the Truck Series' ownership from booking a race with another series they own at Milwaukee only to sell 15 tickets. Hopefully NASCAR learns something from this about how to promote standalone events outside the Cup series.
I think they did. Rumors are that they are going to Rockingham. That's a proper track for the Trucks.

I think they did. Rumors are that they are going to Rockingham. That's a proper track for the Trucks.
At this point, I would be shocked if the Rockingham event for next year didn't happen. There's way too much smoke and state funding emitting from that to ignore.

They lost their 2025 date in large part because Indycar has taken the date from them. I get that too. Also probably hurt their ticket sales since the same exact track will have significantly faster cars on it doing a big event the very next weekend. Not that I feel bad for NASCAR about this given how many sponsors and venue dates from Indycar and other series NASCAR has swallowed up in the past (TMS' spring race being the most recent example). In any case, there weren't any surprises and this was the second year at Milwaukee and they did what they did.

I don't want to hear that, Eldora was regularly packed for that event in one of the more rural parts of the Midwest. This is in a major city

Eldora is a different deal and was a one of a kind race.

IDK what Cup attendance would've been. They sure packed out Road America though.

Say it ain't so, the track? They ran two races there. It was a ghost town both races. Go to Road America, instead it sounds like Rockingham for the Trucks anyway, not a bad choice either. Road America is still in the wind for maybe the other series, the schedule isn't out yet.

We're in a very high hot spell this week in the Midwest. So hot that if I had tickets to yesterday's truck race I probably would have blown it off as I have zero desire to bake in the sun nor have my family do the same. The attendance counters are out in full force I see but I have to ask if it worried you that much about attendance at The Mile, should have bought yourself a ticket and come on down, let alone how many Truck races sell out? More importantly why care? Thought yesterday's race was a good one from what I Saw, I didnt let the empty seats deter from my viewing experience one bit. Hopefully Milwaukee gets back on a nice cool spring date with Xfinity and ARCA, so folks like myself would be so inclined to attend. I had Indy Car tickets through my company for Saturday and Sunday at The Mile but once I saw the weather and what it was going to be, a customer made a oh so generous offer and I couldnt pass it up. Hope he attends this weekend.

We're in a very high hot spell this week in the Midwest. So hot that if I had tickets to yesterday's truck race I probably would have blown it off as I have zero desire to bake in the sun nor have my family do the same. The attendance counters are out in full force I see but I have to ask if it worried you that much about attendance at The Mile, should have bought yourself a ticket and come on down, let alone how many Truck races sell out? More importantly why care? Thought yesterday's race was a good one from what I Saw, I didnt let the empty seats deter from my viewing experience one bit. Hopefully Milwaukee gets back on a nice cool spring date with Xfinity and ARCA, so folks like myself would be so inclined to attend. I had Indy Car tickets through my company for Saturday and Sunday at The Mile but once I saw the weather and what it was going to be, a customer made a oh so generous offer and I couldnt pass it up. Hope he attends this weekend.
86 was too hot.

Looks like it is bombing for Indycar also. That's weird.

Not all that surprising since IndyCar is the motorsport equivalent of a decaying mall right now. That said, it is a doubleheader, so pulling 15-20k both days can get you 30-40k weekend attendance and maybe look a little more viable. Hard to say for sure until the races happen, and next year it becomes a singleheader held one week earlier before this final summer holiday, when families are out on the lake one last time.

But if you’re a racing series trying to move tickets, there’s really nothing you can get there that you can’t get from Road America.

But if you’re a racing series trying to move tickets, there’s really nothing you can get there that you can’t get from Road America.
Yeah, it's definitely not WI fans. They jam RA full at every opportunity.

I'm not sure the weekend is the issue either. Darlington gets packed.

That just leaves the venue and the decision to run two races. Some Indy fans don't want to lose any more oval races but trading it for RA would meet with my approval.

Back
Top Bottom