Truck series going live on Speed Channel

A

abooja

I hope a few more of you have Speed Channel in 2003. :)

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/4176938.htm

Posted on Sun, Sep. 29, 2002

Truck series going live on Speed Channel
By JIM UTTER
ThatsRacin.com Writer

Beginning next season, Speed Channel will televise all NASCAR Truck series races live, including prerace and postrace shows, NASCAR officials announced Sunday.

ESPN has been home to the series since its inception in 1995.

"To first know that every race is going to be live, to have a consistent start time every weekend and to be able to promote the Truck series – that collective momentum is important," said Paul Brooks, NASCAR's vice president for broadcasting.

"It’s a good opportunity for the Speed Channel, as it grows, to be able to have a live NASCAR product. For us, it seems like a win-win situation."

Since Fox owns Speed Channel, Brooks said there will be several opportunities to promote Truck series races during Fox’s Winston Cup and Grand National series broadcasts.

ESPN will conclude its run with the series with the season finale Nov. 15 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Speed Channel, formerly Speedvision, is the first 24-hour cable network devoted exclusively to motorsports. It is now in 58.5 million homes in the United States and Canada.

I wish I had the Speed Channel, you would think we would get it at a college but we don't :( I realllllllllly like watching the WRC on it :)

This is great news. ESPN has been doing a poor job of the races this year. Since they lost Cup and Busch, they don't seem to care. They treat the trucks like the ugly stepchild.

ESPN got hosed by Nascar! If it wasnt for ESPN Nascar would not be where it is today!

No one else would have televised all those races back in the 80's!

Shame on Nascar for not even letting ESPN onto the race track facilities across this country!

I think sports get great publicity by being televised by ESPN since a lot of people just flip it on and if they see something exciting on such as a crash in a race they might keep it on, but another channel that isn't as major they might just flip past it.

It's a shame the trucks don't get more support. I love watching them and ESPN used some pretty cool truck cams.

ESPN does not just treat trucks bad look at what they do to the IRL! To me the IRL has the best racing in the world right now but yet ESPN does not promote it at all. ESPN/ABC are the only network that carries the IRL so its not a network battle that causes the IRL to be poorly promted. The IRl has NO Qualifying covrage(except Indy) NO practice, They have IRL2day which is one good thing!!The races come on right as the cars are rolling off the line and when the checkard is waved they go to another program(a couple times they went off air while the race was still going and only had a few more laps left)
The IRl and ABC/ESPN are partners and ABC/ESPN is not holding up to there end of the deal. I hope Tony George gets smart and either puts more money in with ABC/ESPN or goes shoppign with the IRl bc i think Fox and Speed would jump on the IRL as well. I would like FOX/Speed to have NASCAR(WC,BGN,NCTS),IRL,ASA,ARCA, and WoO

It's football season, no other sport matters currently :/ Even though some sports have had hire ratings then some football games.

I think now that they are on speed the whole series will get more air time. I think that Speed is part of Fox or something and now they can show the highlights on Inside Winston Cup and other shows like they couldn't before.

Speed needs to be on more cable service providers though :/ Excellent station though.

Damn NASCAR!! Going to force me into getting digital cable!!:( Been resisting AT&T Broadband for a year on that service!! Speed is only on digital.......:( :( :( :(

I want speed channel so bad I'll seriously pay anybody that can talk my super old fashion mother into getting cable.

Let cutiepie24 talk to her about Lifetime.......the men bashing channel!!:D

Lol that should do it especially if its at a time shes mad at my father for something...

Speedvision is awesome. It comes with the basic cable here in the Charlotte area. Any kind of racing you want to see is on speed!

Cars, Bikes, Rally, F1, Indy, Nascar,

They also play old nascar races from the 60,s 70,s and 80,s!

Its awesome to watch the Daytona and Talledega races from the 80's. The speeds are up around 200 MPH. The cars are more spread out and the Sling Shot pass move was in Full Effect! Thats back when the racing was great! Nascar needs to take the plates off and get the cars up around 200 to 210MPH!

Another good thing about the Trucks coming to Speed is one, every race will be live and two, if you miss the race speed will show it again during the week (the do this with almost every series on the network plus Busch and Cup races).

Back
Top Bottom