Trucks @ Eldora 2017

2 Sweet

HMS 4-life
I think I'm finally making it to the Eldora CWTS race this summer. Ideally I would prefer to go a few days early and camp all week, but it sounds like that won't be a realistic possibility this year. I live in Columbus a little over two hours from Eldora, and there's hotels about 30 minutes from the track (in a town called Sidney) that's on the way.

We're planning on driving up at some point Wednesday and staying the night in the hotel after the race. I see they are running a late model race Tuesday night, but what about Wednesday afternoon/evening? I thought they had a late model event before the truck race? If so, I'm assuming we would need Tuesday tickets in order to see the late models go again on Wednesday? The Eldora website isn't clear on this.

So I'm not sure if we should buy reserved seating or general admission. I would like to bring a chair and sit in the grass (general admission) but since I won't be there until some point Wednesday afternoon, I'm not sure what time I'll need to get there in order to get a decent seat. If that's the case, maybe I might be better off sitting in the bleachers (reserved seating). Especially if there's a late model race before the Trucks race, I really don't see how we would find decent seats by the point we get there.

Here's a map of the track:

6VfcnbK.jpg

Any advice? Help me out please! :cheers:

Last year on Wednesday there wasn't any on track activity until early evening. I think before the truck races they ran some modified races. They used to qualify the trucks on Wednesday, but last year they changed qualifying to Tuesday. You only need one ticket for Wednesday, regardless of what is racing. We have reserved seats in turn 4 and find that to work best for us. Lawn chair seating can be good and bad, depending on the wind direction and track conditions. Bring googles! Also, if you have never been to Eldora, support the track owned concession stands. Their prices are dirt cheap, pardon the pun.

Back
Top Bottom