Truex to hit the booth in 2022???

I think he would do good in the booth and considering his GF's health it might just be good to be able to spend more time with her.

Sounds like MTJ and his plethora of home tracks are going to be RFs.com’s “Driver To Be Retired” for 2021.

He said exactly what anyone says about their own job.

Honestly to me he's like a handful of other drivers. They've accomplished enough, made enough money and have their health. I'd like them to stay around, but if they want to retire I completely understand. Something has to be said about leaving and still being competitive

Reactions: sdj
In sincerity, you don't talk about it unless you are thinking about it, and if you are thinking about it, I wonder....Have you already lost your edge?

Not super happy about he optics of all of this. Next Gen signals a new direction for the sport. The potential of losing a driver(s) over this isn't a positive narrative. How about just keeping this to oneself?

It says he's racing in 2022 in your article????
It also says absolutely NOTHING about MTJ going into broadcasting at any time. None. Zero. Zippity-nada. Goose eggs.

Equally accurate thread titles include "Truex to hit the strip clubs in 2022", "Truex to hit the bong in 2022", "Truex to hit golf balls in 2022", "Truex to hit Kyle Busch in 2022", "Truex to hit ski slopes with Pearn in 2022", etc.

It also says absolutely NOTHING about MTJ going into broadcasting at any time. None. Zero. Zippity-nada. Goose eggs.

Equally accurate thread titles include "Truex to hit the strip clubs in 2022", "Truex to hit the bong in 2022", "Truex to hit golf balls in 2022", "Truex to hit Kyle Busch in 2022", "Truex to hit ski slopes with Pearn in 2022", etc.
Alien's kidnapped him

Truex gerbilized in 2022
Keep the drivers out of the booth. I was watching the first Atlanta race, and that Fox broadcast was complete ****. Clint with his BS....Gordon with his nerdy goofy biased BS, and then poor Mike Joy trying to keep up like the cool dad. My God. Just awful.

Keep the drivers out of the booth. I was watching the first Atlanta race, and that Fox broadcast was complete ****. Clint with his BS....Gordon with his nerdy goofy biased BS, and then poor Mike Joy trying to keep up like the cool dad. My God. Just awful.

I actually think the fox crew did a great job this year, much better than NBC. How can you not have drivers in the booth? Has that ever happened?

I actually think the fox crew did a great job this year, much better than NBC. How can you not have drivers in the booth? Has that ever happened?
The very early years of NASCAR on ESPN was just Bob Jenkins and Larry Nuber. As good or better than anything we have now........

I would love to merge the Fox booth with NBC's production crew. We'd lose NBC's gerbils and Fox's obsession with graphics and poorly-implemented gizmos.

Why are we so eager to retire every competitive veteran driver over 40?
because its not fun anymore, stupid nascar package, kdb rigged chase win when mtj crew put wrong tires on, thats why pearn quit.

I think I could really enjoy him in the booth if he worked next to Clint. It is going to be hard to replace the chemistry that Jeff and Clint had that was so entertaining for me. But I sure hope they find someone that can keep the humor going.

I should clarify.....I have never seen Benny Parsons as a driver in the booth. He was a driver, then he was a broadcaster. He had a skillset. Same with Ned Jarrett. Gordon and Bowyer are drivers horsing around with broadcasting. Absolutely horrible. Bowyer: "Come on boys, let's gooooooo!" Gordon: Giggle, giggle....Look at those Hendrick cars!" Mike Joy: "Gee Clint you never won much, but oh my, Jeff you were amazing!" Oh yeah....and the only guy who has something I want to hear, Larry Mac (I see him the same way I see Parsons and Jarrett)...they give him 2 seconds, and treat him like the team manager. I did like the Joy, Waltrip, and Larry Mac team....again, DW had a skillset. Clint is laughable and will be gone I hope in a couple of years. Gordon might be the worst I have ever seen....but he has such a following that it gets overlooked.

IMO NBC is better until they do the absolutely embarrassingly stupid Collingsworth fan in the stands bull****. Cringeworthy. Burton is bad and Letarte is annoying....and Rick Allen gets pulled into the swamp by those two.

If Iw as a truex fan, Id be worried. When drivers start saying "If Im not having fun Im leaving, they are thinking of it"

Danica said same thing.

If Iw as a truex fan, Id be worried. When drivers start saying "If Im not having fun Im leaving, they are thinking of it"

Danica said same thing.
Are you really comparing Patrick and Truex??

Of course she wasn't having fun; she wasn't competitive. She also had no sponsor. Truex has neither of those problems.

:XXROFL:

And you still haven't said where you got the broadcast booth part of your thread title.

Last edited:
Are you really comparing Patrick and Truex?? Of course she wasn't having fun; she wasn't competitive. She also had no sponsor. Truex has neither of those problems.

:XXROFL:

And you still haven't said where you got the broadcast booth part of your thread title.
Thread title - I chose to believe t he clickbait. My error

Im comparing Patrick and Truex insofar as the fun aspect. When a driver starts saying they arent having fun writingis on the all. Most of these drivers are millionaires.

Thread title - I chose to believe t he clickbait. My error

Im comparing Patrick and Truex insofar as the fun aspect. When a driver starts saying they arent having fun writingis on the all. Most of these drivers are millionaires.
Truex didn't say he isn't having fun. He said he'll think about retiring IF the new car isn't fun. He's probably not the only veteran driver who feels that way. Some may like it, some may not. But this is a long way from writing on the wall.

1625705730812.png

Back
Top Bottom