• YES

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • NO

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

#17D500winner

Should we have a seperate sticky thread so those who wish to complain about TV coverage all race long can have a place to do that and leave those who wish to discuss the race to the race threads?

The tv coverage doesn't bother me, and the complainers doesn't bother me. So, either way is fine with me. At least on here if you get tired of a compulsive whiner all you have to do is ignore them. Out in the real world it's not as easy.:)

I am extremely happy to have tv coverage of any kind , but especially coverage that doesn't cost me a dime . Sorry to mess up your thread , but I remember the days when we didn't get coverage of the race ,let alone the qualifying and Nationwide stuff . To the tv networks , I say thank-you, thank-you , thank-you.

The tv coverage doesn't bother me, and the complainers doesn't bother me. So, either way is fine with me. At least on here if you get tired of a compulsive whiner all you have to do is ignore them. Out in the real world it's not as easy.:)
Pretty much.

To me, discussion about the TV coverage of a race (whether positive or negative) is valid, on topic discussion in a thread about said race. Take that with a huge grain of salt, though, because at the same time, I'm one of those that generally doesn't mind it when a thread goes off topic.

I voted yes, the same old bitchin gets tiresome. Some folks apparently think that complaining makes them look wise. Really any idiot can complain and be bitter it takes no special skills.
Wisdom imo is more about smelling the roses and enjoying the good times. Life is to short for anything else.

I voted yes, the same old bitchin gets tiresome. Some folks apparently think that complaining makes them look wise. Really any idiot can complain and be bitter it takes no special skills.
Wisdom imo is more about smelling the roses and enjoying the good times. Life is to short for anything else.

It truly does and it's not like it's one or two post. The threads are littered with the same old bitching and moaning. It's not like it's our fault that TNT shows commercials when/how they do so wouldn't those complaints be better made directly to the problem, instead of us?

All those who hate TNT will just have to wait until they can boogity, boogity, boogity back to Fox.

It was nice today for N'wide, I could switch over to LeMans and didn't have to take the endless hawking...take this, buy this, you need this. Rusty was good behind the mike, he cracked me up more than once. Always good when they get an experienced road racer like Rusty.

Didn't seem like the commercials were as bad as usual during the first half of the race and only got bad during the second half. Might just be my imagination, though.

On a positive note, TNT must've listened to our complaints about the banner. I was happy to see it downsized into one corner.

what he said . . .

Commercial breakdown for Sonoma. Almost one third of the race broadcast was covered up by commercials. The race was ten minutes longer than last week, but the 55 minutes of sell me crap stayed the same.
http://www.jayski.com/news/pages/story/_/page/NASCAR-Televison-Commercials-2013

Not going to go back through the breakdowns but FOX was showing a lot of commercials during the races I watched this year. I think all of the networks broadcast about the same number of commercials per-race. It just feels like torture to me on Fox because they're constantly trying to make the drivers look cool with those bumpers they run.

You can only watch a guy slowly circle in front of his car while super hero wind blows so many times before you start to get sick of it. :p I watched part of the race Sunday and the commercials didn't seem to be that bad but I was talking to company most of the time so maybe I just didn't notice.

On topic: I voted that I don't care because I like to complain about it when they do something stupid like cut to commercial as soon as it starts to hint at rain. Fox did that this year and as a result we missed out on 3 or 4 laps of green flag racing that could have been the finish if they wouldn't have gotten the track dry. I hate it when they do that, nothing screams greed more than that.

ESPN's coverage of the Nationwide at Kentucky had a new one on me. After a five minute string of buy it's, they would cut to the race. A screen popup would appear with the announcer harping away about another network watch it. You could hear the race in the background, but the screen was blocked so all you could see was the pop up. Totally worthless if you were trying to watch the race, but your eyes were riveted on the pop up waiting for it to disappear. I sure want to bitch slap whoever at that network came up with that one.

ESPN's coverage of the Nationwide at Kentucky had a new one on me. After a five minute string of buy it's, they would cut to the race. A screen popup would appear with the announcer harping away about another network watch it. You could hear the race in the background, but the screen was blocked so all you could see was the pop up. Totally worthless if you were trying to watch the race, but your eyes were riveted on the pop up waiting for it to disappear. I sure want to bitch slap whoever at that network came up with that one.

Sounds like the same TNT coverage for the 1st race they did this year

I didn't watch the Nationwide race but was it an advertisement for baseball or something?

I don't remember what is was, years of "ignore" brain training, but whatever it was was centered in the screen, opaque, and about an inch all around it was what you could see of the track.

I think TNT must be using their B-Team for all the behind the scenes stuff. The production and direction are bad.

They miss wrecks,passes and come back from commercial to the guys in the booth having off camera chats.

I wont even mention the commercial interruptions and no side by side in the last laps.

They come back from commercial to the guys in the booth having off camera chats.

I hate that. Nothing says "amateur hour" like coming back and hearing the ass end of Adam Alexander saying something off-camera.

For the most part, I had quit watching the race threads because of the negative comments, bitching, whining and out right false statements. It got to the point where the thread was detracting from my enjoyment of the race.

Then I found the "ignore" feature. One by one, I send people to the corner for a time out. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom