TWF: Gene Simmons Alert!!

A

abooja

I know you're probably out wining and dining (or somethingering) IM28 right now, but try and catch a rerun of the O'Reilly Factor on FoxNews tonight if you can. Gene Simmons is about to be a guest! :p

I'll let you know how it goes...

Ah, that was ridiculous. :rolleyes:

They were arguing about rap music and how Gene doesn't distinguish between gangster rap and regular rap. (Bill O'Reilly actually finds some rap acceptable!) Bill, as usual, interrupted every ten words, but Gene was very good humored about it. He tried to get Bill to talk about sex. Not surprisingly, Bill didn't bite.

All in all, a bizarre interview.

We watch O'Reilly everynight, saw the Gene Simmons interview, don't think De was paying attention, he was on his computer doing this...............

yeah it was a bizarre interview, But i have seen Gene interviewed and boy he doesn't hold nothing back..think he told some interviewer once that he has slept with something like 65 thousand women and has pictures of each and everyone that he remembers fondly...............and his live in interest Shannon Tweed) doesn't mind at all when he wants to go exploring........they are not married and have 2 kids.......or is it 3 forget now..........:) oh well...........to each his own they say:)

Gene's cool, but I was always a bigger Paul Stanley fan anyway. Thanks for the alert though. IM and I were otherwise occupied during the evening hours I am afraid.

I used to like Peter Criss when I was really young. My two older brothers were huge Kiss fans, and I liked that song, Beth, so it only made sense. I always thought Paul was cute, though.

I'm sure your feelings about Kiss differ wildly from my own... :eek:

Well, lemme see. I became a KISS fan on April 17, 1974, at approximately 3:30 PM Eastern. :) I have every LP, every CD (including the box set tyvm IM28), and an entire room of collectibles from the band. Some rare, some worthless. Member in good standing of the KISS Army for 9 years. Seen them more times live than I care to mention, suffice it to say I've paid for one of their houses. I refuse to visit the rock and roll hall of fame until they are inducted, as IMO it is incomplete until they are there. I still proudly wear my tour shirts, the oldest of which is from the 1984 tour, all the way through the farewell tour.

Hey, everybody needs a hobby. :eek:

I was. The makeup never played a single note of music.

I will be a KISS fan until I leave this earth. IMO, nobody even comes close.

For those who missed it, Double 24 fan was Dupont 24 Fan, who was banned today.......he posted under this link and that was was my earlier post was about.

Let's get back to KISS!!!!

I saw them for the first time a couple of years ago, when the went on tour again with the makeup and original members. It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to. Wish I was old enough to have seen them in the '70's and '80's.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass, Duped. :p

Back to Kiss...I've got a couple of stories that only a diehard fan might find interesting. (Probably not, though.)

As I mentioned, both my older brothers were huge KISS fans as kids. (I doubt either of them listens to much of them these days.) We used to put on this little shows at my house on Christmas day. All the cousins were usually involved and, this one time, my brothers and two male cousins dressed up like KISS. My mother -- a really good artist -- did a perfect job with the makeup. They had the goofy threads, platform boots, and everything! I wanted to be involved, so my mother also dressed me up, and I was the emcee. They lipsynched Shout it Out Loud and Rock & Roll All Nite, then promptly left the living room to change into their Village People outfits for a similar performance. (My cousin, Joey, would also dress up as Dolly Parton that year, with an ugly green dress, moptop wig, and two balloons under his dress which he popped for a finale. But that's another story...)

Second story: I used to know a guy who worked at a fairly famous record store in NYC -- Bleecker Bob's in Greenwich Village (featured on Seinfeld, btw!), who was a huge KISS fan. He told me that a couple of guys he knew had broken into a storage facility and stolen thousands and thousands of dollars worth of KISS memorabilia. Ever hear of something like that happening? I'm pretty sure it was in NY. Never knew what became of those guys, or the merchandise. End of story.

I was right...no one in their right mind would find either of these stories very interesting...Sorry. :rolleyes:

Second story: I used to know a guy who worked at a fairly
famous record store in NYC -- Bleecker Bob's in Greenwich
Village (featured on Seinfeld, btw!), who was a huge KISS
fan. He told me that a couple of guys he knew had broken
into a storage facility and stolen thousands and thousands
of dollars worth of KISS memorabilia. Ever hear of
something like that happening? I'm pretty sure it was in
NY. Never knew what became of those guys, or the
merchandise. End of story.

I was right...no one in their right mind would find either of
these stories very interesting...Sorry.

So I'm not in my right mind...what else is new?

The theft of all the memorabelia is actually a famous event in KISStory, as we like to call it. The fans started doing what became known as KISS Conventions, where fans would gather, take over a hotel with a banquet facility, and buy and trade memorabelia. These got to be so popular, the band actually sponsored the conventions for a year, appeared at them, did acoustic sets, met fans etc. In fact, not a few people were actually married at these conventions.

Anyway, during the year they were appearing at the conventions, around 1995 or so, Gene and Paul spotted some of the stolen merchandise. That's the problem with stealing one of a kind stuff, ya know... This led to the arrest and re-confiscation of the stuff. So yes, I am familiar with that episode.

I really do have too much time on my hands, don't I?

The timing sounds about right, because that guy told me this story sometime in the early 90's. What dumbasses to try and sell stolen merchandise at another KISS convention, with members of the band in attendance!! I guess thieves aren't known for being particularly bright...

And you're not crazy, TWF. Just a true fan. :)

Back
Top Bottom