Two-day shows for NASCAR Cup weekends on the rise

Hmm, I like the premise; lower costs for teams and better value for the fans in for just the weekend. But I don't want to get up that early on a weekend to watch qualifying. I still want to watch, though, especially as qualifying has become more important and an event in it's own right. I think you could still get it down to a two-day show by running qualifying Saturday afternoon or night.

“NASCAR continues to work closely with tracks to create unique opportunities to interact with the stars of the sport,”

When I read statements like this my BS meter goes off the chart.
"Among other new 2017 interaction opportunities will be the 'Kyle Busch Dunking Booth', 'Pin the Tail on Kasey Kahne', and 'Hold Danica's Hair While She Ralphs' ".

Let's see other racing series match those.

"Among other new 2017 interaction opportunities will be the new 'Kyle Busch Dunking Booth', 'Pin the Tail on Kasey Kahne', and 'Hold Danica's Hair While She Ralphs' ".
That would truly be a unique way to interact with the stars...haha.

"Among other new 2017 interaction opportunities will be the 'Kyle Busch Dunking Booth', 'Pin the Tail on Kasey Kahne', and 'Hold Danica's Hair While She Ralphs' ".

Let's see other racing series match those.
Women have already started to line up to touch Kasey"s ass I mean pin the tail on him

I wouldn't mind seeing it for the spring race at Dover, only time I've seen qualifying was 1998? When they still had that second round on Saturday morning.

I don't want them to oversaturate events with Sunday qualifying. It's good 3-4 races a year.

I wouldn't mind seeing it for the spring race at Dover, only time I've seen qualifying was 1998? When they still had that second round on Saturday morning.
Eh. Second round was usually a waste of time. Somebody might move up a spot or two, but rarely did someone make the field who hadn't made it the day before.

Eh. Second round was usually a waste of time. Somebody might move up a spot or two, but rarely did someone make the field who hadn't made it the day before.
Oh I'm not saying it wasn't, just the only qualifying I've ever been at live

Speaking of qualifying..... Anyone remember the good ol' days when the fastest car used to be on the pole each week? :D

The good ol' days.

I'm guessing where the quals are run same day of the race, there won't be any pit passes available? I don't get much live racing in, but when I did, I spent about 3 hours in the pits before the race on Sundays.

The link title says it all.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017...ch-concerned-condensed-race-weekend-schedules

C7doQVUVYAAKX1F.jpg:small

What's a "...fan-specific weekend on the Friday before..."? I thought P and Q was pretty fan-specific already.

Autographs and meeting the drivers? I'm not opposed to the idea if they are able to bring in more drivers, a hauler parade, and concerts on Friday at some tracks.

Back
Top Bottom