Two Drivers Killed

P

pettyfan4life

# Drivers Killed: Eric Poret, 40, was killed Saturday night in a stock-car accident at Westbank Speedway near New Orleans, the Times-Picayune reported. Poret was driving a 1986 Chevy Monte Carlo when on the ninth of 12 laps, his car began to tip over, then was hit by another car. His death was at least the 303rd in U.S. auto racing since 1990, according to a Charlotte Observer study.(ThatsRacin.com)
AND Two weeks after suffering critical injuries during a low-speed, prerace event, Possum Bourne, New Zealand's only professional rally driver, died Wednesday without regaining consciousness. He was 47. Bourne raced thousands of miles at breakneck speeds on rally courses around the world. In more than 20 years of racing he won the Asia-Pacific title three times. He was the reigning Australian Rally champion, having won the title a record seven times.(ThatsRacin.com)(4-30-2003)

The Information you received was incorrect

On April 26, 2003, My Uncle Eric Poret Sr. was killed in a race car accident. However the information you received was incorrect. His car did not start to tip over, His tire hit a hole which caused his wheel to come off and his axle break. He was then hit head on by another driver. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. The racetrack he was racing on has since been turned into a Salvage yard, so I guess it goes without saying that they felt a little bit responsible. It has been two years and I still miss him more everyday.

courtney....i am so very sad to hear about your uncle....very sad....you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers....
Lisa Montgomery
Montgomery Racing
Peoria Illinois

Back
Top Bottom