Two Fans Killed at Marysville Racetrack

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Sad news, two fans were killed at the Marysville Raceway Park track in California... hit by a sprint car that was going full speed. Conflicting reports on whether it flipped in the stands or hit the people on pit road.

Sad on so many levels
Obviously for those killed my heart goes out to the famlies.
But I am sorry for the driver too, I am sure he will be internally tortured and haunted for eternity. Peace will be hard to find.

Words are feeble, and sincerce respect is often all we have to offer. Sad stuff.
RIP, but dont forget to pray for the survivors it is their worst nightmare unfortunately a tragic real life horror show , God help them to live in peace.

I just got a text from friends in California. My friend drove for one of the people that was killed for a season a few years ago.

Local news says the driver was trying to make the corner and wound up going off into the pits. The two victims are reportedly 68 and 14 years of age.
RIP :(

Sad. My condolences to all involved.
But part of racing.
As we all know.

Very sad, but I disagree that fans, pit crew being killed is "a part of racing."

It is sad and the victims should be respected but based on what I have read, they were in the pits. While I dont want to pile on the victims, you have to know you are in the danger zone.

Again RIP to the victims.

Very sad, but I disagree that fans, pit crew being killed is "a part of racing."
I don't think he meant "being killed" is a part of racing, but the danger surely is. Why do you think we need to sign a release form when we sign into the pits at the racetrack.

My thoughts are with the family and friends of the deceased, as well as with the driver of the car, who I'm sure is devastated by what happened.

What makes this tragedy even worse then it all ready is is that the 14 year old was his cousin and part of his racing crew.:(

I think both Greg and VaDirt in the above posts expressed much better what I was trying to say.
I mean, Daytona is very fresh in our minds, and then we hear about something like this. And, I'm sure Nitro Dude remembers what happened in Phoenix a few years ago on the NHRA circuit.

You just don't hear about these things in other spectator sports. As far as sprint car racing goes, it seemed that I would see a car leave the ballpark out of the now defunct Manzanita Speedway at least twice a year. The track even had to install a secondary catchfence to keep these cars from spilling onto 35th ave, a busy street here in the west side of town.

I think both Greg and VaDirt in the above posts expressed much better what I was trying to say.
I mean, Daytona is very fresh in our minds, and then we hear about something like this. And, I'm sure Nitro Dude remembers what happened in Phoenix a few years ago on the NHRA circuit.

You just don't hear about these things in other spectator sports. As far as sprint car racing goes, it seemed that I would see a car leave the ballpark out of the now defunct Manzanita Speedway at least twice a year. The track even had to install a secondary catchfence to keep these cars from spilling onto 35th ave, a busy street here in the west side of town.
Phoenix was a very tragic day.

Read this Michael Crook (never heard of him) blog, and tell me how thia guy is NOT a piece of ****. Dammit, I am seriously pissed after reading this.

Read this Michael Crook (never heard of him) blog, and tell me how thia guy is NOT a piece of ****. Dammit, I am seriously pissed after reading this.

You missed it this morning, me and StewartFan took care of this guy that signed up just to post the blog in this thread. Then TRL stoned him:) It's just amazing the imagination it took to come up with that pile of sh!t.

What a piece of **** that guy is. Read his critique about Steubenville where he thinks the boys should've gotten off and the girl should be thrown in prison. ******' prick. Now my blood pressure's boiling.

I saw the news this morning where the father of the 14 yr old said the steering wheel came off and that's why the car went off the track. Very sad.

I saw the news this morning where the father of the 14 yr old said the steering wheel came off and that's why the car went off the track. Very sad.
Last fall at the national event in ennis, one of our local racers had his steering wheel coupling come apart, and wheel came off in his hands at the 1/8 mile mark. Said he just coasted and grabbed the column with his hand trying to keep it halfway straight. He had to trailer it with vice grips, the coupling completely stripped out and broke.

3 weeks ago, another guy's steering column broke at the steering rack joint.

Back
Top Bottom