Two Manufacturers Now Looking At NASCAR

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
BROOKLYN, MI. – Despite published reports to the contrary, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) has not pulled the plug on its program to return the Dodge nameplate to NASCAR and is still in talks with the sanctioning body, a source with knowledge of the negotiations confided to Kickin’ the Tires.

“The story about them pulling out is absolutely, 100 percent false,” the source said. “They are researching a possible return to NASCAR.”

Additionally, the source said a second manufacturer has also expressed interest in NASCAR but is in preliminary stages of any talks with the sanctioning body.

“This isn’t the type of decision you make lightly as a company but 2019 would be, by far, the earliest for Dodge,” the source said. “If you look around the garage, there are still people wearing Dodge paraphernalia. You see Ram pickups and Dodge cars in the parking lot. There is still a large fan base here.”

Read the rest here.....

http://kickinthetires.net/index.php/2017/08/13/exclusive-two-manufacturers-now-looking-at-nascar/

I wish Chevrolet would stop showing those idiotic commercials. No wonder nobody wants to buy a Chevy.

Dumbest one they have is the one they put all the Ford stuff on it and the reveal it to truely be a Chevy. Like a guy that owns a F150 isn't going to know the difference in a Ford bed and a Chevy bed. Plus putting Ford badging on a Chevy is just a crime.

BROOKLYN, MI. – Despite published reports to the contrary, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) has not pulled the plug on its program to return the Dodge nameplate to NASCAR and is still in talks with the sanctioning body, a source with knowledge of the negotiations confided to Kickin’ the Tires.

“The story about them pulling out is absolutely, 100 percent false,” the source said. “They are researching a possible return to NASCAR.”

Additionally, the source said a second manufacturer has also expressed interest in NASCAR but is in preliminary stages of any talks with the sanctioning body.

“This isn’t the type of decision you make lightly as a company but 2019 would be, by far, the earliest for Dodge,” the source said. “If you look around the garage, there are still people wearing Dodge paraphernalia. You see Ram pickups and Dodge cars in the parking lot. There is still a large fan base here.”

Read the rest here.....

http://kickinthetires.net/index.php/2017/08/13/exclusive-two-manufacturers-now-looking-at-nascar/
but but but the sports dead dpk...come on

This was already posted in the silly season thread I believe
Dodge and Nissan both advertise heavily during NASCAR broadcast. Would love to see both actually get involved with the sport.

they are involved to a certain extent, commercials don't come cheap. but yeah a hell of a long ways to putting a car on the track.

LOL

As of the 2017 year to date stats, Chevy has sold over 308k new Silverados nationwide. Second only to Ford with their F-Series truck at just under 500k units sold.

But "nobody wants to buy a Chevy".

And the twin Sierra would add some more to that number too.

LOL

As of the 2017 year to date stats, Chevy has sold over 308k new Silverados nationwide. Second only to Ford with their F-Series truck at just under 500k units sold.

nobody is buying a Tundra is more like it.

The Tundra doesnt even crack the top 20. Although the Rav4 is behind the Silverado in 3rd.

Thats impressive keeping in mind the "F-Series" and "Silverado" encompass multiple models.

soccer mom's sta wags are good sellers I'm not sure they should be considered trucks though.

IMO it
The Tundra doesnt even crack the top 20. Although the Rav4 is behind the Silverado in 3rd.

Thats impressive keeping in mind the "F-Series" and "Silverado" encompass multiple models.

I am not discounting the total sales numbers of any vehicles but the actual retail sales speak loudly to me. Many of Ford and GM's pickup trucks are to low profit fleets and municipalities where vehicles like the Rav4, Camry and Accord are going to be purchased one at a time at much higher profit margins.

Give me Jan from the Toyota commercials over that bearded douche from the Chevy commercials any day of the week.
The Dodge truck commercial with that guy croaking out a song takes the cake for me, double crap is it reminds me of the "like a rock" Chevy commercial they played to death.

The Dodge truck commercial with that guy croaking out a song takes the cake for me, double crap is it reminds me of the "like a rock" Chevy commercial they played to death.
Dodge (Ram, but it'll always be a Dodge truck to me) had Sam Elliott doing their truck commercials for awhile, those were cool.

Dodge (Ram, but it'll always be a Dodge truck to me) had Sam Elliott doing their truck commercials for awhile, those were cool.
Yeah that was cool, somewhat enjoyable.

Hyundai Ioniq commercial with the singing construction worker has cought my ear and I catch myself singing it every once in a while.

If these companies help sport, it would help the health of sport tremendously.

From the FWIW Department: Lee Spencer mentioned today on SiriusXM radio that she understood one roadblock to Dodge returning was disagreement with Nascar about how much Dodge would spend on marketing and promotion. There was no follow-up discussion, but that did surprise me. Seems like a hurdle that could be cleared via negotiation, IMO.

From the FWIW Department: Lee Spencer mentioned today on SiriusXM radio that she understood one roadblock to Dodge returning was disagreement with Nascar about how much Dodge would spend on marketing and promotion. There was no follow-up discussion, but that did surprise me. Seems like a hurdle that could be cleared via negotiation, IMO.

I agree as that is a negotiable item. It does seem odd that Nascar would demand a manufacturer spend on marketing and promotion as that would seem like something the company would decide on its own.

LOL

Like you said....SECOND

There is still smoke, but no fire seen as of yet it looks like
O’Donnell also continued to back up what NASCAR chairman and CEO Brian France has said since March of 2016 – and what Sergio Marchionne, CEO of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles acknowledged in December – that there are ongoing talks with new manufacturers.
“I would confirm that ongoing dialogue is still happening,” O’Donnell said. “We’re excited about the possibilities of new OEMs coming into the sport. There are still continuing discussions with some potential OEMs and hopefully we’ll have something coming.”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...d-with-response-to-impound-rumors-941386/?s=1

I shudder to think what it's going to cost me if I ever decide to buy a new car.
Hopefully, my Town Car will last until I'd be better off NOT driving.

I have bought a lot of new motorcycles but never a new car and I can't imagine that I ever would unless I was looking for a used diesel pickup as they are very expensive used.

Dodge could go Chinese :D Dodge Ram a san?

DETROIT — For more than two years, FCA has been FSBO — that's For Sale By Owner — with no serious offers.
Not anymore.
Representatives of a well-known Chinese automaker made at least one offer this month to buy Fiat Chrysler Automobiles at a small premium over its market value, Automotive News has learned. The offer was rejected for not being enough, a source said.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170814/OEM/170819914/chinese-automakers-covet-fca

I wish Chevrolet would stop showing those idiotic commercials. No wonder nobody wants to buy a Chevy.
And toyoder doesnt have twice the commercials as anybody else? Especially on NBC ( nothing but camries)You couldn't give me a toyoder, well I take that back, you could but I'd put diesel fuel and fertilizer in it and set it ablaze

Last edited:
One the one hand Brian is supposed to be talking to Fiat Chrysler about bringing in a car, and the other article says Sergio Marchionne has been streamlining the company making it easier to flip.

Nascar needs Dodge back.
Dodge has quality that is more reliable than the famed 426 hemi.
More reliable than the no blown 2012 engines for Brad Kezolowski.
More reliable than Richard Pettys 27 win, 10 in a row 1967.
More than anything else they know what Nascar fans need.

Dodge could go Chinese :D Dodge Ram a san?

DETROIT — For more than two years, FCA has been FSBO — that's For Sale By Owner — with no serious offers.
Not anymore.
Representatives of a well-known Chinese automaker made at least one offer this month to buy Fiat Chrysler Automobiles at a small premium over its market value, Automotive News has learned. The offer was rejected for not being enough, a source said.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170814/OEM/170819914/chinese-automakers-covet-fca
Well there goes my loyalty to Dodge, what little i had left...wtf

I think the whole thing is like, their putting out a rumor, that they would take more cars for inspection last week. I don't trust them on this. I think they want possible sponsors of the series, to think there could be added value, in the future. I can't see any mfgs, old, or new, coming anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom