Ty Gibbs and JGR

Biggreen695

Team Owner
Ty is getting a lot of recognition about his win at the Daytona RC including 14 more starts this year.

So who's the next member of the family to get the axe to make room for the actual grandson?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ty is getting a lot of recognition about his win at the Daytona RC including 14 more starts this year.

So who's the next member of the family to get the axe to make room for the actual grandson?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
No one will be axed. Denny may move over to his own team for car #2 or Ty could actually drive for team 23X1

Yeah I see him as the run away ARCA title favorite this year, full Xfinity in '22 and then see from there.

Yeah I see him as the run away ARCA title favorite this year,

If he isn't they should be embarrassed. I'm sorry but what the JGR guys bring to an ARCA race in many cases is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. IMO his first real test was his Xfinity start, and he performed beyond expectations

If he isn't they should be embarrassed. I'm sorry but what the JGR guys bring to an ARCA race in many cases is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. IMO his first real test was his Xfinity start, and he performed beyond expectations
Hence why I have no faith in Riley Herbst

I figure they won't want to put him in a Cup car until at least 2023, maybe even 2024. By then I figure at least one of the current crew will be ready to retire or Hamlin will move to his own team if the performance is there.

I can see what your all saying, makes perfect sense.
with 14 more starts in a Gibbs car
3-4 more wins, maybe more
he'll be in cup next year

It's too soon to talk about Cup for Ty, even after Daytona. I mean, we've seen people burst on the scene before and look like a future superstar and then burn out just as fast. Trevor Bayne and Jamie McMurray both won in their second Cup starts.

I'm not saying Ty's Bayne or McMurray, he can definitely drive, but it's just too soon to have that conversation.

I hope Ty learns to lose. I have seen the childish tantrums and throwing blame on everybody and everything and taking no responsibility in the ARCA series and he reminds me of another certain driver who drives for the preacher. It's all good now, great performance, had a lot of luck on his side and things fell his way, but let's see if he has learned anything about all of the other people he represents when he flops. Drivers do a whole lot more flopping than dancing on the podium.

I hope Ty learns to lose. I have seen the childish tantrums and throwing blame on everybody and everything and taking no responsibility in the ARCA series and he reminds me of another certain driver who drives for the preacher. It's all good now, great performance, had a lot of luck on his side and things fell his way, but let's see if he has learned anything about all of the other people he represents when he flops. Drivers do a whole lot more flopping than dancing on the podium.

Yeah, he's got A LOT of maturing to do. The Twitter antics aren't impressive.

Wins and championships are to be expected when you are sitting in the best equipment money can buy, especially in less competitive series. He won on a road course, which takes a specific skillset and most stock car drivers are not geared towards that. I’m interested in his performance on ovals and short tracks where everyone else has their bread and butter.

It's too soon to talk about Cup for Ty, even after Daytona. I mean, we've seen people burst on the scene before and look like a future superstar and then burn out just as fast. Trevor Bayne and Jamie McMurray both won in their second Cup starts.

I'm not saying Ty's Bayne or McMurray, he can definitely drive, but it's just too soon to have that conversation.
16 years is a long, slow burn.

Back
Top Bottom