UFC on SPEED? Really?

N

nascage

So... I see there is a UFC 142 preview show on SPEED today in primetime. Never saw any UFC preview show before on this channel - ever.
What's up with that?
I get the FOX/UFC connection and FOX/SPEED connection - but altogether?

Did I miss something?

No complaints here. Love MMA. In my top three of favorite sports. Hence, my screenname.

I'm just not sure why SPEED's trying to appeal you, the motorsports fan.
What do you think?

There's no doubt that SPEED is trying to attract a wider, younger fanbase, which is great for FOX, not so much for race fans. This is exactly why NASCAR needs its own network unless FOX gives them the respect they deserve. :mad:

Nevermind, UFC Countdown comes on SPEED tonight.

:confused:

SPEED's going down the ****ter and FOX knows it. However, FOX doesn't realize SPEED's going downhill because they don't air what people want to see. SPEED's going downhill because of non-racing programming.

... and SPEED is airing this on Sat. night.
Maybe not racing related, but it's sure to get some people's hearts racing.

... and SPEED is airing this on Sat. night.
Maybe not racing related, but it's sure to get some people's hearts racing.

FOX is clearly positioning itself to drop NASCAR especially since they have UFC now. NBC, meanwhile, is going to position itself to reunite with NASCAR.

FOX and ESPN have outbid NBC on everything else, NBC's saved a lot of money from not winning those auctions, and FOX isn't going to shell out the money for NASCAR. Hence the reason SPEED airs less racing than ever.

SPEED sucks. They are suppose to be a motorsports network right? Heck I'd rather see replays of old races than yet another pimp my ride marathon.

Back
Top Bottom