UHaul trucks...

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
Rented a 26' to move myself on the weekend.
Was cheap.

It was a ford 650, V8. It was gutless with large of a truck behind it. What I wanted to comment on was the fast that when I moved the wheel the mirrors on the truck tiled as well to always align with the back of the truck. Made backing up easy as pie!

Do you see this on big rigs @dpkimmel2001
What about you @BobbyFord ?

Was cheap.

It was a ford 650, V8. It was gutless with large of a truck behind it. What I wanted to comment on was the fast that when I moved the wheel the mirrors on the truck tiled as well to always align with the back of the truck. Made backing up easy as pie!

I think the mirror thing is optional. We do have backing assist in the backup cam in the form of lines that tell you where the truck will go based on the where the front wheels are pointing.

I think the mirror thing is optional. We do have backing assist in the backup cam in the form of lines that tell you where the truck will go based on the where the front wheels are pointing.

Thats so awesome. I loved driving the truck, feels great to be up high.

Was cheap.

I don't see it but I'm not driving a high end piece of equipment. Depending on how I have to stage my rig before backing, I adjust the mirrors from buttons on the driver's door. If there's enough room for me to align up with my backing destination, I'm then able to use the mirrors in their normal position.

I'm still amazed at the ability some of these drivers have when backing up. They can make it look far easier than it is. Of course though, those drivers hauling box trailers have to bump docks everywhere they go to load/unload. Probably more than half the places I go to I can simply pull through a loading/unloading location. Much respect to those that make the backing process look easy.

I don't see it but I'm not driving a high end piece of equipment. Depending on how I have to stage my rig before backing, I adjust the mirrors from buttons on the driver's door. If there's enough room for me to align up with my backing destination, I'm then able to use the mirrors in their normal position.

I'm still amazed at the ability some of these drivers have when backing up. They can make it look far easier than it is. Of course though, those drivers hauling box trailers have to bump docks everywhere they go to load/unload. Probably more than half the places I go to I can simply pull through a loading/unloading location. Much respect to those that make the backing process look easy.
There used to be a business in a culdesac, down the street from my dad’s shop, where a delivery driver would regularly back out a set of tandems after dropping his delivery.
That has to take some serious concentration.

There used to be a business in a culdesac, down the street from my dad’s shop, where a delivery driver would regularly back out a set of tandems after dropping his delivery.
That has to take some serious concentration.
Late last year I stayed overnight at a truck stop in Canada. I watched a tandem Pilot Fuel truck back into a spot to offload. I took video of it on my phone. He put it right where he needed it to be first try. I felt like getting out of my truck and giving him a standing ovation. Impressive.

Back
Top Bottom