Uncontrolled tire rule --- modified

EARCeusX4AAznSG

Holy crap batman, FINALLY some common sense on this issue. I burst out laughing at the comment Elton Sawyer made though : "The evolution of the pit stop has changed over time. There was a time when we needed to officiate that call based on an arm’s length." What a complete load of BS. I surprised his tongue didn't jump out of his mouth and run down the street when he said it. There is absolutely ZERO reason we couldn't have or shouldn't have this rule going back to day one of the remote official system.

Glad they came to their senses and for my blood pressure. Kinda weird they can roll tires over to the other teams pit stalls and it is ok. I wonder how the other team would think about that.

Reactions: Pat
They need to GPS up every wheel. Then they could determine the exact uncontrolled distance to a thousandths of an inch. The GPS apparutus then could use a formula to issue a penalty.

Then everybody would be happy.

They need to GPS up every wheel. Then they could determine the exact uncontrolled distance to a thousandths of an inch. The GPS apparutus then could use a formula to issue a penalty.

I think you are on to something. Tires determined to be out of bounds would set off a red smoke bomb, and alert apps documenting the event would be available for mobile consumers for a small fee.

I would extend that to the individual lug nuts.

I think you are on to something. Tires determined to be out of bounds would set off a red smoke bomb, and alert apps documenting the event would be available for mobile consumers for a small fee.

That's what I am talking about.

Lugnuts too. Then they can tell the loose ones when their locations change a few thousands of an inch.

Good move on NASCAR's part

OMG....this is so freaking stupid. Don't modify....get rid of the damn rule.

I would extend that to the individual lug nuts.

I am thinking that GPSing every lug would solve the twisted yaw issues as well.

GPSing each lug would become the new gyroscopy for every tire installation. The findings and penalties would prevent the twisted yaws, by stopping them from over-torquing the lefts and under-torquing the rights.
20190725_112356.jpg

I am thinking that GPSing every lug would solve the twisted yaw issues as well.

GPSing each lug would become the new gyroscopy for every tire installation. The findings and penalties would prevent the twisted yaws, by stopping them from over-torquing the lefts and under-torquing the rights.View attachment 40987

@aunty dive will be in a moment to tell you your physics are flawed...

@aunty dive will be in a moment to tell you your physics are flawed...

The theory works and can be proven by a simple experiment that doesn't require an epensive gyroscopier.

You will need the assistance of someone that is strong.

Stand on a flat floor and have your assistant to grab a handful of hair on your left side.
Then ask them to jerk it as hard and quickly as possible.
Be prepared to feel the dynamic power of yaw transfer through your body.
The tight pull will represent the over-torqued lugs on the left side. The right side of your head will represent the under-torqued lugs on the right side.

Note: The teams don't discuss this technical data to protect their yaw proprietary secrets. They only discuss common knowledge vibrations.

The theory works and can be proven by a simple experiment that doesn't require an epensive gyroscopier.

You will need the assistance of someone that is strong.

Stand on a flat floor and have your assistant to grab a handful of hair on your left side.
Then ask them to jerk it as hard and quickly as possible.
Be prepared to feel the dynamic power of yaw transfer through your body.
The tight pull will represent the over-torqued lugs on the left side. The right side of your head will represent the under-torqued lugs on the right side.

Note: The teams don't discuss this technical data to protect their yaw proprietary secrets. They only discuss common knowledge vibrations.
You've got just too damn much time on yer hands bud. I've got some yard work that'll keep ya busy if ya wanna come on down. I guess that wouldn't help the loose screw in yer cranium though. :confused:

You've got just too damn much time on yer hands bud. I've got some yard work that'll keep ya busy if ya wanna come on down. I guess that wouldn't help the loose screw in yer cranium though. :confused:

Killing time recovering from broken ribs.

Pardon my ignorance, does this eliminate the stupid ass penalty for a removed tire being 5” further away from nearest crew member than allowed?

Getting better hope to return to work on light duty in a few weeks.
That's good. That was a helluva lick.
During an engine room inspection I stepped on an unsecured deck plate that the wiper had left the screws out of after a pump inspection. It flipped up and the edge of it caught my left ribs when I fell into the bilge void. Three broken and one cracked. I was lucky that there were no punctures.

During an engine room inspection I stepped on an unsecured deck plate that the wiper had left the screws out of after a pump inspection. It flipped up and the edge of it caught my left ribs when I fell into the bilge void. Three broken and one cracked. I was lucky that there were no punctures.

Did someone get fired for that?

I am fortunate as well no punctures, 5 broke ribs, shoulder blade feels broke but doctor says it is okay.
My accident sounds similar, a platform over a pit had not been correctly reinstalled by the previous shift.

Back
Top Bottom