Unpredictable!!!

H

HardScrabble

Gotta say that based on prior performances, expected performances and morning practice results; that was one of the most unpredictable qualifying sessions in a while. Loved it!!:D

Who would have thought that the PE cars after showing so much strength in practice would all have diffiuclty in qualifying. One maybe two, but all three??

Bill Elliott, though an accomplished and very smooth driver, wa not in my mind a threat for the pole at all. As Jeff Burton was saying during the qualifying show, NHIS is more like a short track than anything else and short track qualifying is not generally Bill's forte. But he drove great lines, hit his marks and that #9 Dodge came off the fourth turn belly to the ground and ba!!s to the wall!!

Outstanding runs for Dave Blaney, Bobby Labonte, Mike Skinner, Bobby Hamilton and Ricky Craven. Would you have put all 5 of those cars in the top 10?? Could we have a first time winner for this season lurking those spots??

And it felt real good to hear the crowd react to Craven's run. Nothing like a good run for the "hometwon" fans!!!

Hometown hero's are hard to beat.

After we moved form out near the old Riverside track in to the city, we lived about a block from Dan Gurney's grandparents where he lived.

Just once a year our hometown hero would climb in to a stock car and show nascars big boys how to get around the roadcourse. Five out of six times he beat the best that stock car racing had to offer. Dan was the defacto "owner" of Riverside International Raceway.

He won Grand Prix races, he won NASCAR races, he won Indy Car races (his first Indy Car win came in a car of his own design at where else but Riverside), he won the 24 Hours of LeMans (with AJ) , he won the 24 Hours of Daytona. He quit the Ferrari team cause Enzo didn't want him racing other cars. And he was my hero.

Today (being that I live in Vegas now) I got the kids with the funny ears. They might not be the hero to me that Dan was, but it sure has been fun watching them out at the shortie. Dern near cried when Kurt scored at Bristol. He was in the hunt here in Vegas till his battery went south. And that youngin Kyle? He is a short track ace. My thought is that he will be the first rookie to win a championship in the ncts even tho he's going to spot the field five races while Mark Martin drives the truck till he turns 18.

So yuppers on the high fives for Ricky. I hope he can win one for his hometown fans.:D

That Qualifing session was Most certainly unpredictable...I too didnt factor in my fav. Bill for the Poll, expicially with his 25 practice run. I too couldnt believe my ears when I heard that Crowd Erupt for Ricky, I loved it. Too bad For John, got up in the loose stuff and ruined his Run.

I just wish I could have seen it instead of just Racecast.

Getting Speednext week tho:calpping:

I want my ESPN, TNN and FOX (believe it or not).mmmmmmmmmmm

Kat you dont get TNT??? I cant believe it...no speed for me.:mad:

That was a topsy-turvy q'ing session. At first, it looked like the usual suspects were going to score well. Blaney, Craven, Hamilton, and Skinner just blew me away.

Yeah Bobby! First lap, something like 38th, second lap... FOURTH!!! Way to go Jimmy M and the team!

Back
Top Bottom