Update on Elliotts Foot

P

pettyfan4life

# Update on Elliott's Broken Foot; Kimmel to stand by: Bill Elliott: "Right now we're looking at several options (for Sunday's race at Pocono). I have been able to right-foot brake in the past at some places, but it's not the normal way of what I'm looking for. To have driven as long as I have and try to change all of a sudden, as competitive as things are today, you just can't up and change what you're doing in the middle of the stream. It's difficult to do, and I've not been able to do it. You do a lot of shifting and a lot of different stuff at Pocono. It's not hardly as bad as Sears Point or Watkins Glen, but it's a long day because it's a 500-mile race. Right now I don't know what we're going to do, whether we try to look at it when we get there or what. I'll know more tomorrow (Wednesday). I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow. He's going to re-X-ray my foot and see where it is. The last X-ray showed the same as the one before, which they tell me X-rays lag behind until your bones kind of bridge together and that shows a sign of healing. I've not seen that yet, but I'll know more when I go see the X-ray tomorrow."
Four-time ARCA RE/Max Series Champion, Frank Kimmel, will be on hand at Pocono Raceway this weekend in the event that the No. 9 team needs a replacement driver.
Elliott is scheduled to the same car he ran last year at Pocono, Indianapolis and the 2001 Homestead-Miami race. Elliott drove this car to victory in all three events.(Evernham Motorsports/Golin Harris PR)(6-4-2003)

Hope he manages to get it all worked out, and heals fast!

Back
Top Bottom