USA Today - NASCAR Must Improve At Indy, Charlotte

The Concord skyline deserves better...

This just validates how I have been feeling about these tracks.
I am looking forward to a little change up down the road.

Indy's easy, go over to the short track, fill the joint up
Neither Smith or the France family own this track, why don't they just drop it and go with a track the fans like? Enough with this big track experiment, lets get back to the tracks that made Nascar what it was.
The Indy area is a strong market and Indianapolis is a racing town. But that doesn't mean that Nascar has to abandon the fans there or race at the Indianapolis Speedway. IRP has a decent sized oval and even 2.5 mile road course . Moving the date is the latest case of re arraigning the deck chairs while the ship is sinking. IMO the IMS experiment is over with, time to move on.

Down force needs to go, more cars need to be slapping the wall these days when mistakes are made. Can't just ride around in a daze, need to hang on to it or it will bite ya. These in car shots look like they are more comfortable going almost 200 that I am doing 65 on a two lane.

I have not had the chance to watch very many races this year but since I arrived to our Epping NH race track a week early I'm pretty excited to sit in my hotel room and watch 1,100 miles of oval racing today. I personally don't think there is anything anyone can do to make the 600 even close to being as exciting as the 500 on Memorial day. At least not to me anyway. The Indy 500 has always been and always will be my favorite race.

NASCAR must improve the racing starting with an overhaul of the gen6 car. Until that happens everything else is just a band-aid on an open wound.
Maybe, but I am not entirely convinced NASCAR is to blame for races where cars are 6 links apart
and on cruise control for hours on end. If that is what the track is giving, if that's the performance the drivers
are producing, and if the stands are emptying, NASCAR will step in.

I guess technology is to blame. Now we have to go backwards to dumb down the next generation
of cars or change the configs of tracks. Looks like NASCAR is attempting to do a combo of both and see
where it takes them.

Back
Top Bottom