USF1 team shutting down

F

foehammer111

A report from a Spainish news outlet says that the new USF1 team will miss the entire 2010 season. Although not confirmed yet by the team, here's what is known so far:

They've only announced Jose Maria Lopez as a driver (two are needed).
USF1 have not shown their car yet.
The founder of YouTube, Chad Hurley, is supposedly out as a financial backer.
They have no plans for testing, and the first race is a month away.
Brian Bonner, the head of business development for USF1, is reportedly no longer working there.
The USF1 building is for sale.

Not looking good.

That really sucks. Guess all the rumors were true. Really too bad.

But, on the plus side, we'll get Peter Windsor back as the F1 pit reporter:beerbang:

That really sucks. Guess all the rumors were true. Really too bad.

But, on the plus side, we'll get Peter Windsor back as the F1 pit reporter:beerbang:

Peter Windsor rocks.

Of course, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the FIA has taken considerable steps to make entry into F1 prohibitively expensive for USF1. I have come to the conclusion that Max Mosely has a deep seated hatred for the US of A.

Peter Windsor rocks.

Of course, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the FIA has taken considerable steps to make entry into F1 prohibitively expensive for USF1. I have come to the conclusion that Max Mosely has a deep seated hatred for the US of A.

You could be on to something there. But, Max Mosely is no longer in charge. Unless, of course, he simly "stepped down" for the show, and is actually runing the show while using Jean Todt as his puppet

You could be on to something there. But, Max Mosely is no longer in charge. Unless, of course, he simly "stepped down" for the show, and is actually runing the show while using Jean Todt as his puppet

as corrupt as the FIA is, i would put $100 on that.

It hasn't been confirmed yet, but rumor says that the USF1 team wasn't planning on running the full season. Then FIA steps in and says that all teams must run the full season. Thus forcing USF1 to shut down operations due to not having the funds to run a full season.

I'm saddened by the news, but hardly surprised. Getting a US based team into F1 was a long shot.

It hasn't been confirmed yet, but rumor says that the USF1 team wasn't planning on running the full season. Then FIA steps in and says that all teams must run the full season. Thus forcing USF1 to shut down operations due to not having the funds to run a full season.

I'm saddened by the news, but hardly surprised. Getting a US based team into F1 was a long shot.

I thought I saw on the speed ticker the other day that FYI was going to allow USF1 and Campos to skip the first three races.

It's all but done now. USF1 has laid-off their remaining staff. USF1 did request that the FIA delay their entry until 2011, and gave them a multi-million dollar bond to show they are still interested in F1. It's going to be very difficult to come back from this. Even if they do somehow manage to get sponsorship and build a car, they look like a bunch of clowns.

Add this to the growing stack of reasons why F1 isn't popular in America.

http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=359112

Back
Top Bottom